Teena Marie 911 -- 'My Mom Is Dead'

12/29/2010 8:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Overcome with emotion, Teena Marie's daughter mustered up the strength to call 911 Sunday -- moments after discovering her mother's body at the family's Pasadena home ... and TMZ has obtained the heartbreaking recording.

**WARNING -- this tape is EXTREMELY emotional **

Teena Marie 911 Call

During the call, Teena's daughter tells the operator, "“I’m scared, I’m so scared! She’s lost her color…her color is gone."

Eventually, the operator realizes there is nothing she can do for the singer -- and instructs her daughter to wait outside for help.

As we previously reported, officials believe the 54-year-old singer died of natural causes -- possibly a massive seizure.

Rob

I'll tell you why they had no problem posting it and why they'll never take it down.

BECAUSE TEENA MARIE WASN'T A ****ING JEW PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Harvey looks out for his own and that's it. Pieces of ****.

rob

This is very inappropriate TMZ, take this down ASAP!

justagirl

Tmz once again stoops to new lows for shock value. I can only hope that this would never happen to a TMZ staffer, including Harvey himself, suffering through a life changing experience over a recorded message with professionals only for their privacy and grief to be invaded by the masses. This is really a sick and sad display of filthly "journalism". Each and every time TMZ decides to pull these stunts it is truly defined as the ultimate disgust. To ALL TMZ staffers, how would you feel if this were you on the other end of the phone? Somehow, I sense the words "please respect our privacy"...it's a shame this poor innocent soul did not receive the same respect.

TMZ SUCKS

Wow.. I would not listen to this if you paid me. You guys realllllly have no heart, no care in the world for peoples privacy. These are the types of files that do not need to be thrown into the publics face. C'mon, do the right thing and take this off your site. Geez.

kinerethblue

TMZ, you've really sunk into the abyss of tastelessness by posting this. For the sake of her daughter's privacy, please remove this item...

Julie

How about the 9-1-1 tapes from when Lohan refused the alcohol test and assaulted the healthcare worker? Allegedly.

Melissa

97 comments left on here requesting TMZ remove this yet it is STILL on here. Anything for a rating I guess....

Well here is #98. Please have a ****ing heart and a little respect and take that recording off.

shafone

YOU ALL ARE SICK INDIVIDUALS NO BETTER THAN A CHILD MOLESTER. HOW CAN YOU AIR A CHILD CRYING OVER FINDING HER MOTHER DEAD? YOU NEVER POSTED ANYTHING ABOUT MS TEENA MARIE BEFORE BUT NOW YOU WANT TO AIR EVERYTHING ABOUT HER DEATH. MAKE SURE WHEN ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN FIND YOU DEAD SOMEWHERE AND THEY CALL 911 YOU PUT THAT ON YOUR SITE YOU SICK BASTARDS!

DisgustedWithTMZ

What has this world come to? Bad enough this woman lost her mother. Now her privacy's been invaded at such a vulnerable time. You disgust me TMZ. Take it down. Now.

PS - Many people who work at places like TMZ are frustrated wanna-be journalist, performers, etc. They lack the patience and drive. Out of jealousy, pettiness and spitefulness (plus just plain mean) they instead work for the gossip business. I hope TMZ gets sued.

marcustbrown75

Seriously TMZ? Whoever leaked this too you needs to loose their job This is so disrespectful.

JA

Here is request #100 to take it off. I didn't listen to it and not going to. Years ago my mother passed away in her sleep in my apartment and had to call 911. This bring back deep memories. How cold hearted. I am really becoming dischanted with TMZ stooping to low levels at posting an emotional of family member call. I would have sue if my 911 was posted to the public.

Keith

If you go to the google street view of Teenas home in Pasadena (1000 Laguna)

You can see a woman standing in the driveway that looks to be Teena Marie.

Sid

I think when TMZ's Harvey Levin takes his last breath on earth, that I would like to be the one who happens upon his bloated corpse, so I can dial '9-1-1' and then spend the next ten minutes laughing hysterically into the phone. LOL

KJ

TMZ....cut it out! SMH You did NOT need to post this!

JA

@shafone
I was thinking the same thing at I was typing. That I had never read anything of Teena Marie here until now. I really feel for her family, their loss, and now this.