Teena Marie Autopsy Complete

12/29/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Coroner's Office has completed the autopsy on singer Teena Marie ... TMZ has learned.

1229_teen_marie_EX_Getty_01
We're told officials found no signs of trauma. Further testing and toxicology reports are still incomplete.

As TMZ previously reported, the singer died Sunday during a nap. No illegal drugs were found at her home.

1227_remembering_teena_marie_footer

M@rk

04.10 am Teena Marie - It Must Be Magic [1981] - 03 - Where's Cali

M@rk

quote Believe it or not you are giving that fool who is hiding behind the internet just what he/she wants.
Don't you do just da same damn thang?
RIP TM

cassandra

my all time favorite artist.

M@rk

04.30 am Teena Marie - Robbery - 04 - Midnight Magnet

M@rk

Amsterdam, The Netherlands, will always love TM

M@rk

05.00 am
TM Robbery - 10 - Playboy [12]
mvdamdl@googlemail.com
The uppermost respect 2 the Ivorian Queen-a-soul

Sincerity

Years of coke and pills will fry your brains like pan sausage. Red flag was Teena rolling around with Rick James.

Posted at 7:27 PM on Dec 29, 2010 by David Jones

And what does that have to do with "TEA IN CHINA"???

Teena Marie was a phenomenally talented recording artist, PERIOD!!! Avoiding people in the entertainment business who aren't abusing some sort of "legal" or "illegal" chemical substance is nearly impossible. It's a very competitive business "littered with one hit wonders" because performing is very demanding. Teena Marie was blessed to do what she loved and did so very successfully for many years. Hers was a life "well lived" and her peers thought very highly of her. She will be greatly missed!!!

tina

She made so many wonderful hits. I always respected her because she really understood what soul music was about. It's a shame she's gone so soon, there's not much talent out there like her. RIP Teena.

mspaap

Tina Marie was among the best vocalists in the world and her talent can never be duplicated.

She lived life to the fullest and will be dearly missed.

I read a few of the negative comments about this wonderful person and all I can say is, I hope no one says hurtful things about you die but something tells me they probably will since you are heartless and crude to someone else who died.

Valencia

To: Alia Rose

First and foremost, I have loved your mother's music for many years and anyone who knows me well knows that "Teena Marie" is my "Marvin Gaye". She is and always will be my favorite R&B artist. Your mom's music took me on a journey (from a teenager to a married person with my own child at 43) where I could think back and be reminded of things that have taken place in my life.

I had the great experience of seeing your mom perform on several occassions which was always fantastic. An album recording doesn't do her justice....a "live" performance was the absolute best way to experience her and guitar she played so well. I have to say that when I heard the news I was devastated and went to call my husband to let him know. I was really choked up trying to utter the words of your mother's passing and shortly thereafter I retreieved my special Teena Marie stash of music to listen to. I want so badly for her death not to be a reality.

Teena was truly one of a kind and there will never be in my opinion anyone like her again. From Wild and Peaceful to Congo Square there was something for anyone who likes good music to listen to.

I want you to know that your mother's talent, energy and the way the she put it down in such "Teena Marie" musical fashion was truly loved by me.

May God Bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Rachel Rothechild

Well she and Rick James are free the earthly pain that exists in all of us. I was shocked. I kept on hearing songs being played on the radio but that is a regular thing. But what is different i kept on hearin this one when the radio was not on (infrequently) "I need your love kiss"
I feel old now. Not.

Tanya

Teena was a multi talented singer(woo lord that voice)songwriter, producer,arranger,musician, Angel! She was before Whitney, Mariah and Christina, She IS and ALWAYS will be The Ivory Queen of Soul. Rest In Peace my beautiful Teena Marie/Lady T/Mary Christina Brockert

Pamela Velasquez

R.I.P Miss Lady T. You will be remembered forever. The greatest female R&B soul singer that I have ever heard. Your music is #1.

khandhi

I will forever remember Teena Marie.She was the very firt concert that i attended.I was 10 years old then.I really enjoyed myself.She gave a grand performance.It was worth every penny my uncle spent and then some.Teena will be greatly missed.May God bless her family in their time of sorrow.

lee lee

Dear Sweet Miss Teena, RIP you will forever be missed by all of us who adored you and your music. Now you are singing with the Angels in heaven. I will never forget you and will always love you and your music. My heart goes out to your precious daughter and the rest of your family. Gone but never forgotten Lady T. Much Love Always. Sing on Sweet Lady T.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments