Chris Brown -- I Apologize, I'm Not Homophobic

12/30/2010 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown tells TMZ he's sorry for going off on Raz B yesterday on Twitter, and making crass sexual references that many say were homophobic.

Chris Brown Homophobic

Brown tells TMZ, "Yesterday was an unfortunate lack in judgment sparked by public Twitter attacks from Raz B, who was bent on getting attention.  Words cannot begin to express how sorry and frustrated I am over what transpired publicly on Twitter."

Brown goes on, "I have learned over the past few years to not condone or represent acts of violence against anyone.  Molestation and victims of such acts are not to be taken lightly; and for my comments I apologize -- from the bottom of my heart."

123010_raz_b_2_video

One source connected with Brown wanted to make one thing clear -- the notion that Raz B really was molested is highly questionable, given his video denial of the incident (above) -- not that it excuses Brown's comments.

Brown ends his apology with this:  "I love all of my fans, gay and straight. I have friends from all walks of life and I am committed, with God's help, to continue becoming a better person."

NikkiNickyNicki

I feel like Chris Brown shouldn't be the only one apologizing, that looser/nobody RazB started it, and I'm sure Chris isn't a gay basher, he just said some really stupid things, enough with the pitch forks already and picket signs...he apologized, get over it...

Gia

Dear Chris Brown,

Anyone can apologize AFTER the fact. It takes a real man to control his emotions/anger in the heat of the moment. Time to burn that diploma and re-enroll in anger management classes because you have learned NOTHING.

TW

Recap..since TMZ isn't posting ALL of them. Raz B kept trying to hook up with Rihanna ALLL THAT DAY. AND I MEAN ALL DAY! Then randomly takes a popshot at Chris AND Eric Benet. I would have responded to...and fyi i thought Chris comebacks were funny. Its easy for you people to judge and assume your lil rant when you dont know what transpired between the two of them:

Im just sittin here Thinking how can *****s like @ebenet & @ChrisBrown disrespect women as Intelligent as @HalleBerry11 @RihannaDecember 29, 2010 6:05 pm via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@razb2k ***** you want attention! Grow up *****!!! **** in da booty ass lil boyabout 22 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

Tell me this @razb2k!! Why when the money was coming in u won't complaining about getting butplugged! #homothug!!!about 22 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

I ain't deleting my tweet either!! I was minding my damn business and Peter pan decides to pop off!!! # whatalameabout 22 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

I'm not mad though!!! I'm just not silent nor am i one of these scary R&B cats!!about 22 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

I'm not homophobic! He's just disrespectful!!!about 21 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

@Chrisbrown Do you hit your boyfriend @andre_merritt like you do your women?about 21 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@chrisbrown I luv how u resort 2 disrespectful low brow tactics when u clearly sabotaged ur own career by beating women!about 20 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@razb2k when I need tips on how to demolish my career I'll call ya!!!!!about 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

Ur not homophobic, ur juz homosexual on the low! RT @chrisbrown I'm not homophobic! He's just disrespectful!!!about 20 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@razb2k it's funny how I'm nominated for 3 grAmmys off of a mixtape and ur scrambling for change!!about 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

@razb2k ur a x backup singer!!!!! What do u make? Like $1.99 an hourabout 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

@razb2k when you fart it whistle #walnutbanditabout 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

This argument lasted longer than your career @razb2kabout 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

http://twitpic.com/3kyixr / @razb2kabout 20 hours ago via Twitter for iPhonechrisbrown
Chris Brown

yo @chrisbrown i heard about all yo BoyFriends & tell yo cheerleader @1omarion 2 shut the **** up b4 i send J BOOG 2 **** HIS MaMa againabout 20 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@chrisbrown you steady talking about your career and homothugs but you have yet to respond about your boyfriend @Andre_Merrittabout 20 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HaaYrFkKDw I CANT... JUST CANT... lmaoabout 20 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

@razb2k merry christmas.i just gave you 20 thousand more followers.. u shouldve did this first instead of telling the world you got raped.about 19 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

@Chrisbrown Since you took this that far! Dude, i wasnt Raped! what a disrespect to every Kid around the world that has been Molested!!!!!about 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@razb2k... you didnt get raped??? so that means you liked it.. #EPICFAILabout 19 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

@razb2k you have a lower back tattoo that says "different strokes"about 19 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

RAZBFACT: he can braid a *****z hair with his toes!!!!! C'mon sonabout 19 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

@razb2k AWWW YOUR butt hurt!!! literally.. i cant .. i gotta stopabout 19 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

@chrisbrown u victimize victims, ur a homophobe, ur on the down low & a woman beater. Merry Christmas & thx 4 showin every1 ur true colorsabout 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

My step-dad is doin 25 2 life 4 abusin my mom & i heard U say ur mom was abused & this is how u represent urself by disrespectin WOMEN?!about 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

OK... im done GODBLESS YA @razb2k .. go get all my mixtapes and get that F.A.M.E album so you can learn how to be great!love ya #teambreezyabout 19 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

just so yall know!!! HE STARTED IT... lol.. AND IM FINISHED!!!about 19 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

@chrisbrown Dude you must really like Dudes! or you just a B2K fan! and this is how u spend 3hrs to show your true support!about 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@chrisbrown Is this your way of coming on to me???? Dude im not Gay! i was molested! stop disrespecting the LGBT community!about 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@chrisbrown Fact! i'll be Starring in the KING of RHYTHM Movie! ike Tunner Life story! I have role for you!about 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@chrisbrown YOU need to stop Hidin behind that Michael jackson picture! MJ would never hit a Woman! you should take down Mike and PUT up IKEabout 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@chrisbrown Oh yea, your Michael Jackson tribute was cool, until you made it about yourself!!!!! What a Disgrace!!!! God bless you too!about 19 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

lol... watch me be the bad guy on the blogs tomorrow!!!! its cool though.. ill wear that...about 18 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

BTW... i love all my gay fans and this immature act is not targeted at you!!!! loveabout 18 hours ago via webchrisbrown
Chris Brown

@chrisbrown how do u defend urself in that manner bro? I forgive u but u hve alot of pple 2 apologize to. u offended alot of abused ppleabout 16 hours ago via webrazb2k
Skype me RazB2K

@chrisbrown u knw the world is an evil place.. so why did you play into wht the pple wanted ? My fault 4 bringing up ur past..about 16 hours ago via webrazb2k

Ree

For the morons blaming Chris, read the actual transcript where RazB instigates the whole thing, then Chris defends himself in return.

If you were minding your own business and some low-budget, bored, idiot who's jealous-because-nobody-knows/cares-who-they-are picked a fight with you, don't you have the right to defend yourself too? Then why doesn't Chris? Total double-standard and complete nonsense.

chanel

What do I need to forgive him for? He has done absolutely nothing to me. People on this website are so hell bent on bringing celebrities down out of pure hatred. Chris Brown should have just ignored that guy, and this apology was a bunch of BS, if he has something to say, he shouldn't apologize when people ridicule. I didn't find his words in any way offensive to gays, nor homophobic. He was just speaking of the other guy, but of course the media just has to run with it. It's sad there is a website devoted to reporting on other people's personal lives. Creators and writers should get lives of there own, as well as the people who comment. My first and last comment on this petty site and story.

catherine

first of all...raz b started sayin chris was gay and then he said that Chris is a homophobe...what sense does that make?? Chris clearly stated that he is not a homophobe...and unless u were on twitter last night u cant pass judgement. Chris Brown takes **** from everyone..everyday..for once he decided to stand up for himself..and he was not bashing gays, he was bashing Raz B. people in the gay community are SUPPORTING chris. this blog is only telling one side of the story. Yes it got outta hand on both side but Chris was the one who finishe the fight that Raz B started and chris was the one who apologized...so whos the bigger man???? take your pick and quit judgin Chris on his past already. Rihanna told someone last night that she completely forgives him..so should yall.

jinababii

chris brown is a human..a person..a man...who is allowed to make mistakes and stand up for himself for any reason if he feels the need to just like anybody else. His job is his talent and if you dnt like what he has to offer then get off his nuts!!!

Shakia Williams

I feel sorry for Chris Brown, because now EVERYTHING that he says and does will be criticized & scrutinized!!! Raz-B is the worst liar in history! He's now stalking Rhianna on Twitter! He was begging Ray J for help with his never-gonna-happen-because he-can't-sing-and-have-no-talent music career on world star & his you tube clips are just a cry for attention!!! He had Marques Houston on the phone and all of that time while he could have proven that anything was true or said something regarding his allegations in an attempt to get MH to incriminate himself, he focused more on name calling from Omari!!! (Omarion)

In this particular case, Chris Brown had the right to defend himself!!! He was talking directly to RAZ B and anyone that is offended is just being an @$$ and you need to get help with your low self esteem!!! Because nobody was talking to you!!! Chris Brown doesn't even KNOW YOU to talk to you or about you and your lifestyle!!!

P.S. I still think Rhianna is the worst thing that ever happened to Chris Brown's career!!! I think it's unfair, that she lied on the 20/20 show about listening to his song when he played it for her and nobody caught it! We watched her interview and then Chris's interview and nobody is attacking her credibility at all!!! Just because she was attacked doesn't mean that she is incapable of lying or exaggerating her role in what happened. She played as much of a part in what happened that night as Chris. The fact that she accepts no responsibility for her actions and just left Chris to suffer by himself when they both made mistakes, is so unfair that the media wouldn't atleast try to stay objective or neutral instead of placing all the blame on him.

Carli

I'm not condoning what Chris Brown said however, before everyone jumps down his throat, TMZ you need to look at Raz-B's history.He does this kind of thing all the time for attention. Look into his character. His videos are all over various websites. He calls various celebrities and records their phone callls without their knowledge. Marques Houston has a restraining order against him.He claims to be a victim of molestation, however instead of going to court or seeking mental help to sort out his feelings he continously talks recklessly about it on twitter, youtube, etc. Raz-B vehemently denied last year that he was not molested by Chris Stokes,nor anyone else in Chris Stokes inner circle, leading many people to believe, once again, that it is all for attention. Go to his twitter page now and you will indeed see that he is still continuing to invoke anger from Chris Brown.

Ms E

Chris was barely 19 years old when the Rhianna thing happened. I have a 19 year old, and they're not mature enough mentally sometimes, and I think he had to learn to work through his issues the hard way and very publically. I thi nk the Chris Brown BASHING went too far, and the people pointing the fingers at Brown are just as abusive as they claim him to be. My advice to Mr. Brown is to take your lumps, you've done so well in earning your reputation back and millions of fans and people out there are applauding you, even if they're not as vocal as the negative ones. That's what people like you and Mr. Kanye need to remember and focus on when the chips are down. You clowned him, and you were wrong in some respects because he was a molestation victim. But he opened the floodgates and I'll admit, if someone is coming at me sideways, I get vicious too so I can't cast stones. You just have to remember that the target is often not the only one to get hurt by such comments. You live and you learn! Just remember you are a public figure whether you like it or not. Keep your head up and keep droppin hits. Ms. E

Damien Williams

Chris Brown needs to quite doing things he will be sorry for.... He always a act impulsively and irresponsibly, unconcerned about how his actions and words will affect others. I don't need to hear another apology; I need to see change!

pretty

i dont think that razb should have just out of nowhere attached brown like it was just wrong and shows that he has no class and just wanted attention. we all the attachs started brown should have just left it alone but he is only human. no one making comments against brown can say they have never gotten made at someone for something that they said.the whole thing was childish and they BOTH need to grow up a little and have some self respect.

Saundra

Chris needs to get his ass kick and just go the f**k away!

Justme

After looking at both twitter pages, I don't see anything that Chris Brown said that was out of line. Was he directly attacking gay people? If so, I must've missed it. Everyone is going to continue to hate him because of what he did to Rihanna. He is young. He has paid for his mistakes. She let it go, everyone else should do the same. If you don't like his music, don't buy it. But at some point in time, you have to leave the man alone.

Amy

Raz B said too many bull****s and touched chris' family,talkin' about his mother and etc...this has been unfair and disgusting...
...and I think Raz b has to apologize to chris ...but he's not so MAN to do it...
WE LOVE YOU CHRIS By Amy Breezy K.
<3 #teambreezy.