« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Superstar in $400,000 War with Babyface's Ex

12/30/2010 10:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Indianapolis Colts superstar Dwight Freeney -- one of the most dominant defensive players in the NFL -- has been hit with a $400,000 lawsuit for allegedly flaking on the rent for his recording studio.

1230_dwight_freeney_ex_Getty_2

According to the lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, Freeney -- who runs a record label -- agreed to pay $37,500 per month to rent out two floors in the famous Edmonds Tower building in Hollywood ... where Britney Spears has been known to cavort.

The tower is owned by Tracey Edmonds -- who was formally married to legendary music producer Babyface.

Freeney allegedly signed a one-year lease back in July and paid the first month's rent -- but hasn't paid a dime since.

The landlord is pissed -- claiming it could have leased the place out to other tenants -- but they were "induced" into sticking with Freeney because of his "financial stability through his career as a star NFL player."

The landlord wants $422,150 to make things right.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Thinkabout-it

Did she not check his credit before renting to him? Just because he plays football and makes a lot of money, doesn't mean dude pays his bills. I mean he plays a game for a career-doesn't take brains or good character to do that. I wonder why she waited so long to file on him.....should have been after the first month or two of no rent. Next time, evict the D*ck!

JM

How do we know that Tracey wasn't informally married to Babyface?

Pam

Not only is Tracey beautiful, but smart too. Girl Power.

Jason

How do we know that Tracey is telling the truth. Lets see the proof Tracey show us that lease that big bad free signed. This guy is no bumb he pays his bills. Tarcey is an extortionist trying to take this mans hard earned money

Jason

TMZ your the reason why nobody should ever believe what is written in the media. In order to get exposure and circulation you publish stories that are untrue and defaming. Mr. Freeney is an honest young man who is being taken advantage of by Tracey Edmonds. She obviously thinks that Mr. Freeney will just bend over and give her money. If I was Freeney I would tell her Ill see you in court and Counter claim adding TMZ as a defendant. She must be broke and i would not waste my time unless i knew there were some deep pockets on the other side. Get a layer and put your insurance carrier on notice

Jason

How do we know that Tracey is telling the truth. I for one don't believe her. wheres the proof show me the proof. This guy has advisors accountants and lawyers. There has to be more to this story than we are beige told. I would bet that Tracey made this whole thing up and that she's just trying to extort money from Mr. Freeny. Hey TMZ show us the proof that Mr. Freeny is the guy who signed that lease. For that matter show us anything that Mr.Freeny signed. back up your story TMZ cause it don't look good at all.

stephen

ALL YALL BROKE HILLBILLY PREJUDICE MU FU GO TOOO HELL WITH YOUR RACIST SMALL MINDED AND I MEAN SMALL MINDED COMMENTS YOU PEOPLE GO BACK IN THE HOLE YOU CAME OUT OF, POST THIS ****! OH YOU SCARED BUT YOU POST THAT OTHER BS

Hisjules

test

NaNa

People---there are 2 SIDES to every story...wait til you hear Freeney's side!! He is a reputable guy.

Jason

Tracey Edmonds I have seen it all now. If it was my choice I would sue you and your lawyer until the cows come home. Better say your sorry now. How dare you try and ruin the reputation of a reputable person such as Freeney. Your dirty Edmonds and so is your lawyer clean up this mess before he sues you.

David Koretzky

Thoughts. Tracey Edmonds your a liar and a thief. You probably suckered him into doing this and probably made him pay more rent than you ever were entitled to for this building anyway. I don't believe that a professional athlete would expose himself to this type of ridicule. I would suggest however that we withhold judgement until he has been proven to be guilty. I know Tracey and she threatens people all the time. This is the way she operates by threatening people. Exposing people. Making them look bad to generate quick money.

It Consinues

Pete Capillo

The court says that the lawsuit Tracey Edmonds filed does not contain any lease agreement or any other agreement signed by Dwight Freeney. How can she sue someone who never even signed an agreement over real estate. If she had a real deal with Freeney, she should have confirmed it in writing as all legitimate landlords should do. I'm sure she has lawyers that could have made that happen, and if they didn't, then maybe she should be suing her lawyers, but not Freeney. I hope the judge slams her and her lawyers. Go Freeney! Please kick her ass in court and then record a lien against her building if she fails to pay!

Bill Parsons

Please, get real there is no way in the world that i would give her a dime SUE her freeney sue her until you get that property she owns.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2