Reggie Bush -- 'No Homo'

12/30/2010 9:00 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

In today's second gay-themed celebrity Twitter of the day, Reggie Bush asks: If someone says "no homo," is that offensive towards gay people?

1230_reggie_bush_BN

For those unfamiliar, the term "no homo" is used (often in rap lyrics) to qualify a statement or compliment to a member of the same sex that they feel could come off as sounding "gay."

Although we're not Dr. Phil, we have interviewed him, and we're sure he'd say use of the term reveals an insecure need to prove one's heterosexuality by simultaneously distancing themselves as far as possible from being thought of as ... wait for it ... a gay person.

So is it offensive? Well, imagine if someone said, "I love rap music ... No black." Or ... "I'd like a bagel ... No Jew."

Seems the answer to your question Reggie ... is yes.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Scott

I am soooooooo glad I am white.

Joao

who is he?

Bubbles The Chimp

If you say "No Talent" is that offensive to Reggie Bush.

Ghost

Slow news day?

charley hardman

TMZ again fails basic logic, in the name of safeguarding tender homosexuals. oh, they're not tender? then WTF.

tgrfan42069

del

For once TMZ is right on the mark!

Josh

Typically you can look at a person to tell if they're black, so there's no need to say it. I wouldn't want to be black and I hope there's nothing wrong with that, if there is then oh well. I wouldn't want to be perceived as gay either, do gay people want to be perceived as straight? I'm sure there are plenty of negative connotations to go along with that in the gay community. No PC Police.

James

I'm glad I'm white also. I don't get followed in stores, No po po choppers in my neighborhood, I can get a job, all kinds of other things.

TeamBreezy

Yet another irrelevant twit like RazB-too-queer. Is that offensive? Ain't apologizin'.

nik

TMZ is gettin RACIST

karlew

All high and mighty over the ethics of 6 letters yet you run a 911 tape of Teena Marie's daughter reporting finding her body? Look up the word ethics before you even think about berating someone else again you ridiculous hypocrite.

Me

If you say "No Talent" is that offensive to Reggie Bush.

Posted at 4:20 PM on Dec 30, 2010 by Bubbles The Chimp
--------------------------

That made me seriously LOL

Posted at 4:23 PM on Dec 30, 2010 by tgrfan42069
-----------------------------------

Harvy is gay, who are you to tell someone that is gay what they find offensive?

MJ is the Greatest of all

TMZ ..... super touche` and sensitive much?

Ryan

" TMZ is becoming the the place to be if you love calling everyone a homophobe for saying something against the gays.in reality it inst offensive its just saying if a guy was to say hey man you have a nice hair cut no homo.which means im not hitting on you. "
------

Why can't people compliment each other now? Has complimenting people all of a sudden because so bad that we need to attach something like "no homo" to it? If I say to my friend he got a nice hair cut it does NOT mean anything -- except -- wait for it -- he has a nice hair cut!! This is where people need to grow up and act mature. ADULTS SHOULD NOT BE SAYING THIS CRAP!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments