Reggie Bush -- 'No Homo'

12/30/2010 9:00 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

In today's second gay-themed celebrity Twitter of the day, Reggie Bush asks: If someone says "no homo," is that offensive towards gay people?

1230_reggie_bush_BN

For those unfamiliar, the term "no homo" is used (often in rap lyrics) to qualify a statement or compliment to a member of the same sex that they feel could come off as sounding "gay."

Although we're not Dr. Phil, we have interviewed him, and we're sure he'd say use of the term reveals an insecure need to prove one's heterosexuality by simultaneously distancing themselves as far as possible from being thought of as ... wait for it ... a gay person.

So is it offensive? Well, imagine if someone said, "I love rap music ... No black." Or ... "I'd like a bagel ... No Jew."

Seems the answer to your question Reggie ... is yes.

Lori

No...#6 is on the mark...get over it people! soon you won't be able to SPEAK. There is a line that can be crossed when discussing, sexual preference, color, race...but COME ON this is insane.

So tell me, are DEAF people racist since their sign for a Jewish person is to rub your thumb and 2 fingers together (indicating money)? or taking your hand and signing an ELONGATED nose? is that racist?...for Hispanics? the sign is to put on a poncho like coat or sign a big hat (Sombrero) SO TMZ ARE DEAF PEOPLE RACIST??

TinkleToes

I think I will go 2 months without washing my hair and get dreadlocks (no Charles).

TeamBreezy

I'm so glad I'm not white -- no racist. POW!

Tellthetruth59

Sometimes I say "no Romo" because I do not watch football. If that makes me a footballphobe and offensive to football players -- so be it. NO ROMO!

Cumon'now

" use of the term reveals an insecure need to prove one's heterosexuality by simultaneously distancing themselves as far as possible from being thought of as"

Open the perspective a bit for other scenario's. Sometimes, "no homo" is to make sure you don't offend the other person as if you're saying their gay or sending a gay pass.

If a straight man was offended when another gay man wanted to make sure people knew he wasn't straight...it's "different", aka Hall Pass.

Scott

What exactlie has changed since slavery? Nota heck of a lot yes the money they make at pro sports is often but water that down with family lack of education and the money goes poof. If they do not conform to white ways what exactly happens? What happens if they get upset and rebel?

I hate to say it but dumb is dumb........

When you progress up the ladders come talk to us and maybe we will give u a shot.

gigi

Shows that the person is paronoid imo. The first time I heard of that was on The Boondocks.

Jason

TMZ is just more bull****. they make **** out to be more then it actually is. "No homo" is not offensive in any way. I see where your coming from but seriously tmz? just go somewhere and die.

Dustin

Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!!! This is about the crappiest day of TMZ known to man... Good God this is horrible, i'm going to go get a life now!!!!!!!!!

Majestik

If someone said "No Homo" to me, I would take that to mean they are lactose intolerant. I better stop using the term grab a jug of Homo and say grab a jug of homogenized.

Lori

TMZ....PUT ONE YOUR FAMOUS "POLLS" UP AND LET'S SEE WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK!

HOMO?
NO HOMO?

Holly

i'm glad i'm black...cuz my skin color is ****inn sexy, and i can still get a job cuz i'm educated nor do i live in the hood or get followed in stores.....though idk what that has to do with anything up there. you guys are idiots.

Jo

If you say Reggie Bush is dumb as a box of rocks...is it being insensitive to rocks?

Scott

wanna smokea ***?

MJ is the Greatest of all

NOT offensive ONE bit! Give me a freaking break, TMZ!