Michael Jackson Concert Tours on Trial

1/1/2011 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Michael Jackson's weakened state during various concert tours throughout his life -- as well as preparations for the London concerts that never took place -- could become powerful evidence in the defense of Dr. Conrad Murray.

1230_michael_jackson_tour_launch_EX
Sources connected with the criminal case tell TMZ ... there's "compelling evidence" that MJ was in weakened health whenever he went on tour. Specifically, people who went on various tours  -- including the "Bad" and "Dangerous" concerts -- say Jackson was frequently "dehydrated, medicated, and sleep-deprived."

Just like with Dr. Murray, Jackson had a doctor who accompanied him during rehearsals and tours, attending to his needs.

The point ... the grueling concert schedules reduced MJ to a physical mess, prone to relying on and demanding drugs to sleep.

The "This Is It" London tour was especially grueling, because AEG added dozens of concert dates for Michael, who was already in an extremely weakened state and terrified he would fail.

All of this dovetails into a defense theory ... that Jackson felt enormous pressure to rehearse for the "This Is It" tour, and when he couldn't sleep he relied on Propofol to do the trick. The defense believes when Murray walked out of the room and Jackson woke up, he accidentally infused himself with a fatal dose of the drug out of frustration and fear.

Siggisis

You can't be somebody's doctor and then, when your patient dies, use as your defence that you didn't know he needed a doctor.

Posted at 8:58 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by aston

LOL, brilliant!

Posted at 8:45 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by janalal4

And good ponts, janalal!

Siggisis

I don´t know what ponts are, LOL, I meant to say points.

Cherubim

I personally believe Michael Jackson was deliberately killed.
All the evidence fits my theory.

janalal4

tucked away in the Jackson-looneybin
Posted at 8:50 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by janalal4

Ah, how do you know it was a jackson looney-bin, it was MJ's home with his family, a place he wanted to stay at and felt comfortable. He moved out when he was comfortable. He was raised with a huge family, people everywhere...for many who are raised in a large family, living alone feels...just that, alone and loney.

Also, MJ has ALWAYS been rail thin, thicker in HIStory tour and if he wasn't doing concerts. If you watch him, there's no way he was frail, my god, the man would hang off that cherry picker and pull himself up with just his arms, his entire body weight, he had very little body fat and was extremely fit. his energy was amazing. Tired, dehydrated after shows, of course...who wouldn't be.

Posted at 9:02 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by katie10

How do I know it was a 'jackson looney-bin'? Have you heard the Jacksons, ANY OF THEM, speak? Been watching them for the last 40 or 50 years? Katie dysfunction is still dysfunction whether your 'use to it', 'when it's all you know' , or 'you feel comfortable with it'. Growing up in that house didn't do MJ any good in my opinion & in fact contributed to most of his woes & his way of looking at the world. Yeah sure, I suppose you can argue that they 'did the best they could' and all that because that's all they knew & you would be right. It doesn't change the fact it was detrimental to MJ as a human being.

aston

Hi, Siggisis and Janalal4. I'm ****ing angry.

The drugs in Michael's body at his death were injected into him by Murray, according to Murray himself. So he fixed the ****tail of benzos and propofol, and then went to the loo and on the phone.

1. TMZ is a business, so the reason why they are always treating Murray with silk gloves (a highly unusual practice at this page) must be money. Whi'd pay them? Murray has no money, but Sony and AEG have.

2. I think the defense are testing the waters by leaking their strategies. If MJ fans can poke a hole in them, the prosecutor can. Either that, or they are creating a distraction, a smoke screen to hide what they are really up to..

sue

ok so it still doesnt change the fact that murray gave mj a lethal dose of propofol, and he died....and that murray left the room and didnt know cpr,... HOMICIDE !! HOMICIDE!!! AT THE HANDS OF ANOTHER -----MURRAY!!!!sue from tampa

janalal4

I don´t know what ponts are, LOL, I meant to say points.

Posted at 9:07 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by Siggisis

LOL, careful there. The 'proofreading patrol' will getcha for that:)

Linda

FACT: MJ is on trial again and the smear is ready to start all over! Again this mans name will be dragged through the mud!!!!
Sickening!

janalal4

Hi, Siggisis and Janalal4. I'm ****ing angry.

Posted at 9:15 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by aston

GOOD:) :) :) I'm f*****ing angry too. I have been p*****ed off since June 25, 2009; or at least since I heard the results of the autopsy. I think your right. This defense team seems pretty lame-o if they're pinning the freedom of their client on the 'he injected himself' theory. It won't be the worst thing they do either. They are going to drag up every single 'Tylenol' MJ ever took too. They'll drag his name thru the mud before this is all over with because what else have they got? Before it's all said & done, we'll all REALLY have something to be pissed off about. However, I think it's pretty clear that Murray's lawyers either are not very good ones or they are really THAT DESPERATE. I think it's both:)

Siggisis

I don´t know what ponts are, LOL, I meant to say points.

Posted at 9:07 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by Siggisis

LOL, careful there. The 'proofreading patrol' will getcha for that:)

Posted at 9:16 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by janalal4

They will... the little buggers.

janalal4

Posted at 9:13 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by janalal4

Well, i dunno, I wasn't living there and would never say that about anyone or anyone's family. Crap, I'm sure you can look at any family, look inside what goes on and say it's a looney-bin. We're ALL dysfunctional, what works for one may not work for others. Who are you (we)to judge. Everyone and EVERY FAMILY has issues, period! It's part of life.

Posted at 9:26 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by katie10

Yep, we've all got issues & my family of origin has some of the biggest. There is no such thing as normal, I agree. Some families of more dysfunction than others. I just happen to think the Jacksons lean farther over to the 'more' side of that scale. It's not a judgement Katie, it's merely an observation. Not every statement someone makes is some form of condemnation.

6one9

Dr. Murray ``will walk! MJ was a druggie!! End of story!!

Cathy

Even if it were true that Michael gave himself the Propofol, the point is that Dr. Murray should not have left him alone at any time, which is what anyone who knows anything about that drug has said.

Posted at 8:33 AM on Jan 1, 2011 by schoen1
______________________________________________________

This is a great point. I wonder though, that if the defense can cast doubt on whether or not it was MURRAY who injected the overdose, and therefore get the jury to believe that the only other person who could have done it is Michael, would this mean that Murray will get off on the manslaughter charge -- or could he still be convicted of manslaughter (for the gross negligence of leaving the room) even if the jury believes that Michael MAY have pushed the infusion?

Logically, I'm just not sure they could get Murray on involuntary manslaughter if they (the jury) is not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he was the one who physically gave the overdose. Criminal negligence maybe, but manslaughter?

Sandy

Beautiful photos, love the way he looks. I don't see MJ looking fragile here.

janalal4

Incidentally, I'm not bashing the Jacksons. They are what they are. I would simply have more respect for them if they would just admit when they've made mistakes but stop lying to the public & glossing everything over. From a PR standpoint, it's a nightmare what comes out of their mouths. People just aren't that stupid. I think when they do this, it tends to make Michael Jackson 'freakish' in the minds of the public rather than if they simply admitted that they may have made some mistakes(but they did the best they could). It certainly would go a long way in explaining why MJ was the way he was. I LIKED the way MJ was. I thought his eccentricities were charming & endearing. Not everyone though views him this way. I think it's extremely dishonest of the Jacksons to continue holding out this 'All-American Family Success' apple-pie line of crap-story when they were anything but. In my opinion, it's extremely unfair to Michael Jackson.