David Arquette

Checks Into Rehab

1/3/2011 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette checked himself into rehab during the holiday weekend ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Rehab
We're told David is seeking treatment for alcohol and other issues -- but not drugs. Arquette partied at Beacher's Madhouse at the Roosevelt Hotel on New Year's Eve before checking into a live-in facility.

A source close to David says he is doing it because it's "the right thing to do for his family."

UPDATE: Through her rep, Courteney Cox tells TMZ, "I really admire David and his choice to take charge and better his life. I love and support him."

See also

S A D . . .

MENTAL ILLNESS is what I believe is going on.

Darvon

Anyone that would have Courtney, then loose her, needs to be in more than rehab.
He must have severe mental disorders.

janet

Hey another possibillity for Dr. Drews show. Do they get paid for that.

Fiama

The minute I saw him palling around with that low life Paul Rubins, I knew he hit bottom.

nosillyname

I LOVED YOU...Dave keeps it real..

nosillyname

ar guys? Dave is cute as! Wishing you well Dave and Call me I think You Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electriczipper

thought he was dead...isn't he??

Dan

ironic that he goes into rehab to overcome a drinking problem yet his wife's show pretty much promotes heavy drinking on episode. R.I.P. Big Joe

whatever

"other issues"? Betcha ten bucks it's SEX ADDICTION!!

Peter Sc

It is odd to seek treatment for ordinary male behavior.

Sammy

It's about time. He was calling Howard Stern ona daily basis making an ass out of himself. He talks and presents himself like a 14 year old. What Courtney Cox ever saw in this clown is beyond me, if he were stinking rich I could see it but he's a nobody. She needs to head for the hills.

DANA

Courteney RUN for your life and never turn back.

wtfdude

By the sounds coming from Courtney , It doesn't seem like they will be a couple again . I think she has move on for good . When you sink so low in life its usually hard for the other partner to have any respect for you , thats the part were the split happen and can never be recover .

grouston

Alcoholism; a deadly killer, it destroys entire families, it is a disease that is cunning, bafflying and incedious in its very nature. Addictons of any kind can b fatal but alcoholism kills more people and destroys more lives than any other disease known to man. The god news, it is treateable and you can get past it, find freedom and a brand new life. I suffered from alcoholism and other addictions and I am free, have been free the past (35) years, my book, "MY MIND HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN," chronicles the progression and my miraclous recovery, my life is devoted to the one message everyone needs,"HOPE." If I can do it, you can too. http://www.gordonrouston.com

BIGPAPI175914

WHO GIVES A **** WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS IDIOT. LET HIM SELF DESTRUCT. WHILE HE IS SOUL SEARCHING MAYBE HE CAN FIND SOME TALENT. HIS TRANSEXUAL BROTHER HAS MORE TALENT THEN THIS PUKE. TMZ NEEDS TO FOCUS ON REAL CELEBS NOT RETARDS