David Arquette

Checks Into Rehab

1/3/2011 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette checked himself into rehab during the holiday weekend ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Rehab
We're told David is seeking treatment for alcohol and other issues -- but not drugs. Arquette partied at Beacher's Madhouse at the Roosevelt Hotel on New Year's Eve before checking into a live-in facility.

A source close to David says he is doing it because it's "the right thing to do for his family."

UPDATE: Through her rep, Courteney Cox tells TMZ, "I really admire David and his choice to take charge and better his life. I love and support him."

See also

Dennis Johnson

He is a little baby and makes me sick!What an a-- h---.

Jo

What a surprise..NOT. He's my first pick in the Celebrity Death pool in 2011 based on his erratic behavior. This rehab stint could keep him around longer. I hope he's not doing this for his family, he needs to do it for himself. A word of advice Dave, stay out of bars and grow up and act your age. Your wild and crazy life style might have been cute when you were younger but now it's just pathetic.

dd

He's done rehab before he used to be on heroin.

FABIO

There is no cure for stupidity...

Pat

Way off point here, but I always wonder how "movie stars " get blood blisters under their finger nails? I mean usually you have to be physically working with hand tools which I just don't see happening! Any ideas? Give us your best hypothetical situation!

janalal4

This guy certainly has been acting pretty retarded lately but I think many people underestimate his ability as an actor. He definitely fills a certain niche in Hollywood & I think he was completely adorable as the cop in Scream..Dewey? He was even better as Drew Barrymore's brother in 'Never Been Kissed'. Saw him in a dramatic role once & was pretty amazed at his ability to carry it off. There's more to this guy than meets the eye & I only wish him the best:)

janalal4

Alcoholism; a deadly killer, it destroys entire families, it is a disease that is cunning, bafflying and incedious in its very nature. Addictons of any kind can b fatal but alcoholism kills more people and destroys more lives than any other disease known to man. The god news, it is treateable and you can get past it, find freedom and a brand new life. I suffered from alcoholism and other addictions and I am free, have been free the past (35) years, my book, "MY MIND HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN," chronicles the progression and my miraclous recovery, my life is devoted to the one message everyone needs,"HOPE." If I can do it, you can too. http://www.gordonrouston.com

Posted at 7:43 AM on Jan 3, 2011 by grouston

Right. OR....you can go to AA-IT'S FREE folks. Nothing like taking advantage of those with addiction issues. If you so interested in helping people how about GIVING YOUR BOOK AWAY???

Sarcastic1

Other issues is smoking weed and or taking pills. Another one who will be dead by 55 yrs old

NoBreederRat

You could see all the red flags during early interviews with them as a couple. They are like night and day when it comes to maturity and even decor.

I wish them well though this was not a good match. You can have different values and opinions but you need to be more similar than dissimilar to make marriage last.

Mel

Translates - I don't care where you go just stay out of my life you loser

Devin

It's good that he actually decided to do something about it. My Uncle went to treatment at Soltuions Recovery in vegas and now he is a whole new person. If anyone is concerned about a family member i'd recommend going to www.solutions-recovery.com and checking out what they have to offer.

dsw

Good. Maybe I won't have to hear about his a%% anytime soon.

Cheryl

Glad to see that he is getting some help. This is a talented man who has people that love and care about him and his behave of late has been beyond strange and scary. Hope the doctors and counselors can help him get back on track.

Rachel Rothechild

He is in Rehab because he spoke the truth about the world he lives in but cannot elaborate on. His divorce was to protect.
Now "they" are trying to let shut him up. You will see a "new " person soon.

deepa

Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Visit endekeralam dot com (send gifts, flowers & cakes to kerala)