'19 Kids and Counting' Star -- Three Rifles, No Ammo

1/3/2011 7:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In an effort to give an Indonesian foreign exchange student the real "USA" experience -- one of the stars of the TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting"  handed the guy a GUN and told him to smile!

0103_duggar_gun_photo

The kid double-fisting the firearms is 20-year-old John David Duggar -- the 3rd of 19 brothers and sisters featured on the show.

John David's father, Jim Bob Duggar, tells TMZ ... JD and the exchange student were heading out to target practice over the holidays -- and posed for this photo before they opened fire.

Jim Bob insists all three weapons were UNLOADED -- and were each "standard firearms purchased at a licensed gun shop."

He adds, "All of the older boys, including John David, are well-trained in gun safety and always supervised when handling guns."

1112_strapped_stars_footer_v2

CelticOne

What's the big deal? The Duggar "kid" is a 20 year old man (not sure of the other guys age) and as others have stated we live in the USA, we have the right to bear arms. As long as they have the guns legally and are registered, no harm done. Get over it!

Eric

They say 3 guns, im counting a 4th hangin out of his pocket...good job TMZ

Liz Flynn

IF both were Indonesian exchange students and posed just like that they'd be under investigation for terrorism activities by the FBI. The white Christian American is okay to be armed and enjoy gunplay.

kelly

I have watched this show since the first special 14 kids and counting. I can't believe John David is 20. He is so handsome! On thing the Duggars are is responsible, god loving ad great parents. I envy them that they have so many chldren and thatthey DO NOT and HAVE NEVER lived off of assistance.

Molotov

They're young men standing in one of many standard rifleman's pose. It's to show off the guns not their state-of-mind. It's innocent. Get over it.

Jason the Saj

I never quite understood those who complain about over-population. In America firearms are legal, likewise we often proclaim that one should be able to do what they want with their body.

If you are serious about your concern for the planet and over-population. The means to help address the problem is available to you.

Rather than decrying what others should do. Consider setting an example of your own beliefs.

konaehukai

If I need to stay out of your business regarding abortion, which is right and fair, YOU NEED to stay out of my business if I have children! For those of you that think the world is overpopulated, you are wrong. Europe and the U.S. are experiencing problems because of UNDERPOPULATION! Underpopulation is damaging to the economy.

---------------------------------------------

Complete and utter Bull****. There's 7 billion people on a planet thats capacity to sustain itself is 2-3 billion. Overpopulation is everyone's business. Because of fools like the Duggars, and unintelligent thinking like yours there will be worldwide famine, and sooner rather than later. No matter how much money you have. It's not just overpopulation either. It's morons breeding. Responsible, intelligent people don't overpopulate the planet. It's the morons that think hey have some right to have many, many children. It's not underpopulation that hurts the economy, It's morons breeding more morons. With the internet it's truly sad to see how many morons there are in this country. China has it right. Only one kid per family. And the last time I checked China is doing a lot better than we are. This country needs to start thinking about that and really soon.

Pongo

Nice family values. I could care less if people want to own guns, but to pose with your firearm like it's your girlfriend demonstrates a problem with priorities and a serious case of insecurity. Idiots.

konaehukai

--------------------------------

I do. I don't have any children and refuse to do so. And by the responsible example that I try and set I'm looked at like I'm insane. It's not me that there's something wrong with. It's the selfishness of people. That is what is wrong. Selfishness such as: well, we had two boys, and I want a girl, or vice versa. Then that turn into 3 then 4 then 5. There's absolutely no excuse for this.

I have no problem with couples that stop at zero population growth. Two is fine. Anything more than that is selfish and irresponsible. A solution to this problem, anything over 2 and your federal taxes go to 50 percent. There would be only one exception, natrually conceived multiples. None of this IVF octomom stupidity.

ben

Thanks to everyone for correcting me on my gun knowledge. I don't know enough to recognize them by site. The black one that Duggar is holding appears to be an AR15...I don't know the others well enough

konaehukai

@60...

Any sort of religion/belief in the supernatural is a cult. Period. No matter if you beleive in Jesus, God, Bhudda, Pele, Xenu, Zeus, Ra. Etc.

D Wayne

If octo is 8, wtf is 19? Now use that on her womb or his t-stickles. How about a late,late,late,late term a-bort'in. These people are d-scus-t'in.

Carvey

Never seen or heard of this show but c'mon enough with the stupid "reality" shows.

By the way... guns are good. Liberals are bad.

dondonedone

Kimba10 --Post 50 -- is Octomaim Nadya Suleman.

she deliberately maimed a dozen of her babies at one go. Then she stole their very last penny and had the house that she could have paid for with donations to these kids foreclosed on. Then she spent the entire half million dollar balloon payment on herself. It's in her closet and on her chest.. Now she keeps them neglected and in crib-cages.
Google the German do***entary about her.

So. Octomaim is it true your own and have a gun in that house with 14 unsupervised children?
Does CPS know about it?

j

TMZ< you changed your blog, You had everyone thinking they were bad guns. I am guess, since I have never seen you change a WHOLE BLOG, only do a small update. That TLC lawyers got after you to tell the truth.