Oksana Grigorieva

Gets New Lawyer

... and the Flu

1/3/2011 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva has a new lawyer -- #42 by our count -- but she also has a sick feeling in her stomach.

0103_oksana_marty_EX_GETTY_TMZ
New York attorney Marty Garbus just got approval by an L.A. County Superior Court judge to appear on Oksana's behalf.  He joins attorney Dan Horowitz.

Now for the sick feeling ... Oksana is on her way to a law office for part 4 of her ongoing deposition in the Mel Gibson custody war.  But we're told she feels like crap and may have to pull the plug on the depo.

If she goes home sick, she can get a few pointers from "The People's Court."

Previous 15 Comments | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

"Horowitz’ view on this matter is simple. Divorce is a tragedy whether the people involved are famous or not famous. It is a private matter and should not be the subject of television gossip."

...well, isn't that interesting? I guess it's okay to go on the LKL show, or have a People magazine interview published...but here he states that divorce is a private matter...uh, huh.

Posted at 11:26 PM on Jan 3, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Fud: is this a quote from the link you posted earlier (havent had a chance to read it yet)? If not please provide the link?

k

I noticed that Gloria Allred thinks it's ok for Chantal O'Brien to give Brad Womback a very real and very hard slap to the face on TV but thinks Ox is able to prosecute Mel for one that was not as hard and for a much better reason. The safety of his daughter. What a back stabber Allred is. I don't believe anything she says and wouldn't want her in my corner. They feel that Brad deserved it.

Janeny

K
I guess it's a double standards situation when it's ok to slap a man but not ok to slap a woman. I think anybody shall be legally able to defend themselves or their dearest and nearest regardless of the gender but considering the gravity of the cir***stance and the gender-related culture. A woman's reaction to certain cir***stance can be different from a man's and even quite opposite. Say, if a guy came up to me and whisper in my ear something inappropriate my knee-jerk response would be to slap him to his smirking face. Shall I be prosecuted?
If I say the same thing to a guy he will most likely to have a different reaction which would be rather positive.

I think the cir***stance under which Mel had slapped Oxa shall be sufficient to justify the slap. He did not harm her but simply stopped her from harming his daughter. She had been coping with his "temper" or his "dark side" for over 1,5 years and even BEFORE she got pregnant. Normally, for a sane person with dignity and self-respect two or three "incidents" of severe abuse is enough to withdraw from a relationship. She did otherwise, first got pregnant and then set him up for public humiliation and a lawsuit. I am sure as soon as she set him up she was no longer in control. Somebody took over and now is working on bleeding him dry out of hatred or jealousy, or both.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Demi

Of course Gar the Bus (Garbus) has been allowed to represent the Oksana. They got the ACLU behind them who most recently filed a law suit in the same court. I'd attach the article on it, but you can find it in a search with Google or by going to www.team-mel.com., a nice chat site. Of course, we love TMZ, but the ACLU law suit is most interesting.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

The few comments I have made about the ACLU involvement on other sites have been removed or not posted. Interesting eh?

V

I notice how TMZ.com refused to answer my questions when I posed them to TMZLive and instead just altered/changed this story and made Mr. Garbus the 43rd attorney. Still makes no sense.

What's really going on out there in CA where Martin Garbus and Judge Steinberg/California court system goes? And how did he get to practice law without bothering to have a CA Bar license?
Truly thought when he went on Larry King Live he trampled on a CONDUCT requirement and the State BAR would have to do act. Boy was I wrong!

Sam, haven't heard back from a soul from any news outlet and not a peep reported. WHY?

I believe we are truly living in troubled times, imo.

Tillia

Think about this..
Who is really benefiting financially from these airings & stories? The people who leak the information and the attorneys.

If the court wants a true account of what happened, why not ask Oksana's son? The rest is silliness. Who cares about their sex- life,videos,emails etc.

Do either of them really want their sexual exploits to be aired?There are two children involved here.Their daughter and her son will see this one day and both parents will have some explaining to do.

I stand by this..Gibson should not have touched this woman period.Be it slapping,striking - no matter.No man should ever touch a woman.

Previous 15 Comments | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20