Gloria Allred -- Don't Prosecute the 'Bachelor' Chick!

1/4/2011 3:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gloria Allred just told TMZ ... she doesn't believe the woman who slapped "Bachelor" Brad Womack should be prosecuted for criminal battery.

0104_gloria_slap_EX_TMZ_02
Gloria says the slap is different from the Amber Portwood case. She says the Amber situation involved "multiple violent and physical fights in the presence of their baby daughter." Gloria calls Chantal O'Brien's slap "an isolated instance" with no significant injuries.

But how 'bout this ... Mel Gibson is being investigated for a self-admitted isolated slap (though Oksana lost 2 veneers).

As for "The Bachelor," Gloria says, "Sex and violence are often used to sell and promote shows." Gloria calls the slap "a promotional vehicle."

0929_gloria_allred_greatest_hits_footer

george clooney

My opinion only; but its because of LAWYERS, such as Ms. Allred, that we have these lousy lawsuits anyway....and now she wants to hold off? Are you kidding me Gloria? I mean is it purple and hard????

rex kramer

He should have kicked her in the c-sharp and used her as a waterski.

Sloane

if he had slapped her instead (if the cir***stances were reversed) then would Allred still think it was fine???

not at all

there would be a Gloria Allred news conference/media event, followed up with the predictable Allred lawsuit

so if it wouldn't be OK then...it's not OK now

Brian

She should be prosecuted the same way a man would have been, if it was the other way around. Women bitch about not being treated equally, here is a start ;).

Darlene

THIS IS THE GIRL HE PICKS IN THE END, SO WHY WOULD HE PRESS CHARGES IF HE PROPOSED TO HER? BESIDES, THE SLAP WAS SCRIPTED, SHE WAS TOLD TO HIT HIM AND THEY ADDED IN THE SOUND EFFECTS, WASN'T EVEN A REAL SLAP. THAT'S TV FOR YOU!

Jexica

Gloria, what little respect I may have been able to have for you is totally gone now. You're a joke. This double standard is just totally wrong. If he had even raised his hand to hit her, the nation would have "oh no you didn't"ed him to the grave.

STOP THE DOUBLE STANDARD.

Just me

If it were the other way around Gloria would be on television calling the guy a batterer and talking up how much of a victim her client is. I seriously can't stand that lady. Total media whore.

Duane

I hope Alred drags her publicity seeking arse back to her Troll-hole soon.

Jackie

I should then slap her and see her reaction. what a bitch!!

Bob

Gloria's office called Brad Womack to see if he'd hold a press conference with her. He told her to go pound sand so now she thinks it's not worth talking about.

sem

Wow, if this isn't a double standard, I don't know what one could be.

Could you imagine if the roles were reversed?

Why is it awful for a man to hit a woman but funny if a woman hits a man?

snodgrass

What a two faced slag.

jaicarver

I think it's FUNNY that Gloria's holding her & she's crying...Was she crying when she slapped dude..No!!! U was acting all rough & tough..now ur crying like a B***h....it's not like u killed someone...

b

I wish someone would punch Gloria in the face knocking out all of her teeth. Then I want her to od on the pain medication

mama9

Someone should slap Gloria accross the face with their d*ck.

Posted at 10:16 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by Kevin

watch out she will bite it off. She is a man hater most days

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments