Meg Ryan & John Mellencamp -- Couples Marketing

1/4/2011 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One week after John Mellencamp publicly split from his wife -- the rock legend and maybe-GF Meg Ryan hit a local market in NYC yesterday  ... for a his-and-hers grocery run.

0104_mellencamp_ryan_launch

The couple has reportedly been dating on the down low for the past couple of weeks -- even spending some QT together on Martha's Vineyard recently.

"Two American kids doin' the best they can ..."

mvp12816

Gross

Erin

Seems like everyone is assuming he ditched his wife. Just maybe she was the one who wanted out. I always thought she was one of the most beautiful models of all time--if he did ditch her, I just will never get it.

K

They dress and look like bums. Meg wears these big ugly boots, with dresses. John needs a hair cut and dye job. And he needs to stop smoking... they are gross

steve dillon

First off, for those who say Mellencamp is a "has been", do a little research before giving him that title. The man is far from a has been, and at the end of the day has acomplished more in his life then any of you. He is an esteemed member of the rock and roll hall of fame, and has had more top forty hits then any other male rock artist. Yes its been a while since he has had a top forty hit...but most of the artisits in his age bracket have not either...bruce springsteen, tom petty, u2..although they continue to sell out concerts, and release popular albums. Same goes for John, his last two albums have been criticaly acclaimed, and have landed on the top of most end of year lists...has been? you make it sound like he is a one hit wonder, or hasnt released anything in 20 years. His tours continue to sell out as well.. and at the end of the day, he is still John Mellencamp, and she is Meg Ryan, and you are, ummm, you are...yeah, my point exactly.

sandj

Some of your comments are funny..I still like Cougar but yes stop the smokin'

Walking Tall

I have an issue with Meg Ryan...Obviously he was screwing her before he even announced his filing for divorce with Elaine (whom is absolutely a doll) Meg looks like a frog to me - and well John - I have so lost respect for you. I'm very sorry. You have been my favorite artist since I was 17 (44 now) and just very disappointed. I know you and Ms. Meg Ryan do not care what folks think. What a shame. You could have possibly waited a few months before flaunting yourselves around. Meg? you could at least respond when someone says Hey how are you? What a snob you turned out to be. I actually wondered what happened to you as I have not seen any recent movies...How was Billy Crystal dear? haha wow I'm cutting low here. Sorry folks!

Victoria

So what is your issue with Meg Ryan? You just hate people who run into a bad plastic surgeon? As for Mellencamp and his marriage, when a marriage fails, two are usually to blame: the wife and husband. And got news for ya: did you consider that perhaps she is the one who cheated on him and that's why he left? Hmmmm? You really should.

Dana

I am happy for them. They're just human. Let them be happy if being together makes them happy. Life is too short to be lonley or miserable. God Bless.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4