'This Is It' Producer -- Star Witness in MJ Prelim

1/4/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's producer/director for the "This Is It" tour will be a star witness for the prosecution in Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing which begins today  ... sources tell TMZ.

0103_conrad_murray_kenny_ortega_michael_jackson_EX_Tmz
Our sources tell us ... Kenny Ortega will testify that on June 19, 2009 -- a week before MJ died -- Michael complained he was cold, had the shakes and was unable to perform ... so the rehearsal was canceled.

The next day -- June 20 -- an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home.  Kenny Ortega, several big wigs from AEG, Michael, and Dr. Conrad Murray were present.  We're told the meeting was "intense, loud and argumentative."  Kenny read Michael the riot act, imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent.

Ortega will testify, during the meeting, Dr. Murray said some "terrible things," showing a lack of concern and respect for Michael.  Our sources would not reveal specifics, but we're told it's "damaging" to Murray.

Sources say rehearsals were canceled on June 21 and 22 so Michael could regain his strength. Ortega will testify ... when rehearsals resumed on June 23 and 24 -- the day before Jackson died -- Michael did a complete turnaround, wowing the backup dancers and others present with his moves and singing.

Ortega's testimony is important, because prosecutors will argue MJ was fine before Murray began pumping him with drugs the day he died.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

janalal4

@janalal4

WOW yes so true. I never picked it up at first ..The I just cant stop loving you .." problems". But after watching it a few times, I thought he struggled through.....then hit the spot at the end.
I do remember when he died, it was reported that he had " post its" all over his bathroom wall reminding him to remember the words to songs.

Again thats all media Hearsay, as is everything that we have heard up until this point. I guess we are All on the same page . At the end of the day we just want some answers.

Posted at 7:05 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by Lee lee

That's wild cause what I heard about the post-its was that they were 'ideas' that MJ would come up with for the show. Songs to put in, songs to leave out, ideas for special effects to add in, changes in the dance steps, turns, etc. Phillips & Ortega probably got tired of being called every 15 minutes during the night when MJ's mind was going nuts with creativity(as he was known to have done) & said, "Hey, put in on a post-it"! LOL. Again, funny how depending on 'who' & 'what' you read, the information gets twisted, right? As with all things concerning MJ, was anything ever simply reported straightforwardly?

LC4Michael

Lee Lee & janalal4,

Agree with you both on so many things. When I watched This is It I noticed that he was not singing all the words on some songs too but he did say that he was saving his voice several times. Don't think it was because he could not remember the words, but because he did not want to wear his voice out. Just a thought.

I truly believe in my heart that justice will be done and also know that it will not bring him back and that to me is the saddest part.

nan

you know what else strikes me as odd, besides mj employer being in a meeting with his physician, why would the doctor be involved in a heated argument.
i have been in stressful situations in hospitals when a family member is in distress or what ever and people become upset and emotional a couple of times..
i have never ever seen a doctor join in..
they are supposed to remain calm and professional..
this guy was no doctor, this guy was mr fix it..

karlew

Absolutely no critical thinking skills here are there? How many of you defended Jackson when he was charged with child molestation saying he was "innocent until proven guilty"? You had no proof he was innocent just your gut feeling that the guy you worshipped couldn't possibly do such a thing. It didn't matter he had been accused of the same crime before, you rallied behind him and proclaimed his innocence to the world. And that was fine, you were right he deserved due process and he got it. However fast forward a few years and you're all singing a different tune. You'd all deny this guy the due process you advocated for Jackson and string him up on his front lawn if you could. Popularity contests have no place in justice. If the evidence is there to convict they will if not he will go free. I wonder if he is found not guilty how many of you will be satisfied with the verdict? How many of you will say Murphy couldn't have killed Jackson because he was found not guilty? Remember that is the argument you use against anyone who says anything about the molestation charges. Think with your heads and not your hearts or you'll come across as hypocritical and that weakens your voice.

janalal4

Posted at 7:10 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by janalal4

Maybe, but...I'm not sure about MJ's past use of propofol either, it's hard to tell what's fact and what's just BS, that has never really been confirmed, history tour...i don't know. It still doesn't make sense that MJ would agree to this type of medication as is, w/out the proper equipment. if he did indeed use it in the past, wasn't there a trained anesthesiologist on hand? I disagree, MJ probably could have hired anyone he wanted, why Murray? It makes NO sense, none of this!!! NO, i don't think MJ was trying to get high either, he needed badly to sleep. But...no one saw or said anything, not his kids..no one? Makes no sense.
Also, in terms of suing AEG, Ortega, Phillips (who I believe was a money hungry greedy pig and did NOT have Jackson's best interest at heart, it was ALL for money), Katherine is suing them all, read the court transcripts, they're having to answer to the law suit.

Posted at 7:17 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by katie10

Nope, never confirmed but what did it for me & why I believe there was past use of Propofol was seeing the interview where Sanjay Gupta was speaking to the History tour anesthesiologist. This guy first of all, was a slime-ball IMO. Secondly, he was very friendly, informative, & accomadating UNTIL Gupta asked specifically about Propofol. His whole demeanor changed, suddenly he couldn't answer any more questions when before you couldn't shut the guy up; then he goes running back in his house. Wow. I was stunned & convinced that that is exactly the service he provided on that tour. I also think that when LMP refers to "things that were going on" that she was having trouble dealing with & causing trouble in their relationship, I believe this behavior of MJ's played a part in that. I believe that is part of why he ended up in the hospital, perhaps not the entire reason but I do believe there were things going on between he & that doctor that should not have been. As to why Murray? I speak only as a nurse when I say that I'm sure things have changed since the History tour days. We in the medical community & people in the general public are even more aware of abuse of prescription medication than ever before. More & more physicians fear losing their licenses than ever before or of being sued. I think MJ had more difficulty finding someone who was willing to give him what he wanted & merely settled on Murray as the concert tour run drew nearer. I think he became more desperate & less able to find an anesthesiologist willing to do what Ratner had done. I can tell you that most anesthesiologist would look at you & say "you are out of your ever-loving mind" to do this. It's just crazy & I think that MJ probably encountered a problem with finding someone. Otherwise, why call that nurse Cherilyn Lee & ask her to help him find someone. I think Murray was a desperate, last minute, 'yes-man'. MJ believed he must have that particular medication & was hearing nothing else. Now that's just my gut instinct, nothing more.

mjuls

This story (“This Is It' Producer -- Star Witness in MJ Prelim”) is even MORE nonsensical than the earlier TMZ post declaring “Michael Jackson's Son Will Not Be Witness at Prelim.” It will not happen. These incendiary posts serve no purpose other than to mislead and confuse those who are unfamiliar with the procedural process.

It’s not too late to raise the bar for 2011, gentlemen.

Happy New Year everyone. May you and yours know peace, joy and prosperity in 2011.

Be well all,

Mjuls, Esq.

sofi

On June 20 an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home.Kenny Ortega,big wigs from AEG and murray were present.We're told the meeting was intense,loud and argumentative.Kenny read the riot act,imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent.
THE RIOT ACT? What does this mean exactly? That Michael unless you put on weight and sleep the tour will be cancelled?

And why was the meeting intense,loud and argumentative?
Could it be because Michael didn't want murray around him and that's why murray said "terrible things"(i'd like to hear what they are)showing a lack of concern and respect for Michael.So what did those big wigs from AEG DO about this?

And for God's sake WHO hired murray to "take care of Michael" in the first place?

janalal4

Posted at 7:22 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by karlew

So no we are not just blind idiot fans.

As to Murray's guilt? There is much more evidence against Murray than there EVER WAS in Michael Jacksons molestation trial. Evidence frankly that comes right out of Murray's mouth.

LC4Michael

It’s not too late to raise the bar for 2011, gentlemen.

Be well all,

Mjuls, Esq.

Posted at 7:37 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by mjuls

Finally you are back! Explain to us non-lawyer types what you mean. Ortega will testify, Prince will not? Yup I am confused so clear if up for me.

sofi

Happy New Year Mjuls.
Which thread will you be on so we can find you?

karlew

@Katie 10
Sorry about the name (Murphy)
No it's in essence the same scenario. He his charged with a crime and he has pled not guilty. Plus I believe Jackson admitted to some strange (if not illegal) behaviour with the kids (sleeping with them, etc) but not molesting them. Murray has admitted to some stuff as Jackson did but he has not admitted to killing him. Again think with your head. Your argument is exactly what I was talking about. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy no matter how you try to justify it.

nan

vWrong. I actually thought MJ might really be guilty the second time because after all what were the chances of being charged with this again, right? That was until I heard the 'facts' in the case. Not the rumors, the innuendo, the media spin; I mean the facts of the case & truthfully that was not until after MJ's death. My gut said he was innocent but I had not really done the research. When I did, I was disgusted. Disgusted with the D.A. & disgusted that I ever doubted Mj's innocence at all. When I looked at the actual courtroom testimony, much more became apparent that the public was NOT hearing from the media.

So no we are not just blind idiot fans.

Posted at 7:44 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by janalal4

totally agree janala14. and that is what sneddon feldman,****erman, masada and katz as well as the tabloids were banking on..the arvizo family was just the bait they were using.

i almost got sick when i realized how big a sting operation that was..and for so long also ...

have a good day all !
have a good day all..

Best Mom

Kenny Ortega has been very quiet since Michael's passing. He now needs to speak up and come out with the TRUTH, no holds barred! He said he loved Michael and they were good friends. Kenny, please do the right thing. Help your friend Michael find justice because he deserves it. You know he would do the same for you. Justice for Michael, NOW!

Butterfly

Yes Ortega was mostly quiet..but what he said ,came in my ears like: praising AEG and Sony and i`d tried to help`` but .. ye not my fould! (Just my o. )

But maybe my english is not good enough to hear behind his words.

LOVE AND MISS MJJ
let the Quack have his trial not Mike again PLEEEAAASE

MIDNIGHT TOKER

damnnn you mj zombies are coming out of the woodwork here..just couldnt wait ehh...
wacko jacko is alive and living in china working as a panda poop picker upper..he is happy ..
leave him alone