Montel Williams Busted with Drug Pipe

1/4/2011 9:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Montel Williams was cited for packing a marijuana pipe at the airport in Milwaukee today ... according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.

0104_montel_williams_BN_getty
Cops say TSA busted the former talk show host with a metal pipe commonly used to smoke marijuana ... as he went through security.

The pipe -- which was in his carry-on -- set off a metal detector. We're told there was no residue.

Montel is a long time advocate of medical marijuana -- which he uses to manage pain related to multiple sclerosis.

Montel was released after paying a $484 citation for possession of drug paraphernalia. The sheriff's department tells us Montel was very mellow cooperative.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Tara

This is so sad to me. I agree with comment 8. As a country we are spending so much money on catching people and locking them up for smoking pot, yet it's perfectly fine to go to the bar and/or store to buy alcohol. I'm sure if you look into deaths and domestic issues alcohol plays a part in many of those issues, not pot. It's all very silly really.

Meg

Some of you that post on here are complete idiots!!! Stop being so brainwashed. Do you know someone with MS? The pain they can experience is great. Let them smoke pot for crying out loud.

Don

If there is no residue and no weed how is the pipe "drug paraphernalia? Not to mention he has legal permission to use medical weed...sounds like a railroad job to me!

jsknow

All of the so called problems attributed to marijuana are actually problems directly and completely caused by marijuana PROHIBITION!

Want your freedom back? Legalize marijuana! That will take away Uncle ”Sham’s” most common excuse to trash the Constitution and pretend like the Government is protecting you from yourself!

Why is the most useful plant known, a plant that has never killed anyone, illegal? It’s illegal because corporations that buy politicians fear competition from superior, safer and more environmentally friendly hemp products and because the Government loves to oppress jail and steal from the people! Alcohol, tobacco, petroleum, cotton, timber, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, just to name a few all see marijuana as unwanted competition.

The laws prohibiting marijuana are NOT a result of any harm from marijuana. They are the result of lies, greed and racism. Read the well do***ented proof of that and a lot more marijuana TRUTH in these two articles: “MARIJUANA AND HEMP THE UNTOLD STORY, Thomas J. Bouril” and “WHY IS MARIJUANA ILLEGAL, Pete Guither”, click the links to those articles on this webpage:
Internet Explorer web browser: http://jsknow.angelfire.com/home
All Other Browsers: http://jsknow.angelfire.com/index.html

Pat Hill

sorry Montel you got busted for something so stupid

en Todo Momento!!

ibuprofen works soooOOOOOOOOooohh much better than ganja!! really.

Sal

So what, he had a "marijuana pipe" on him. Leave the man be

jim dee

Medical pot my foot, he's just another celebrity who thinks he can get away with anything.

ben

NO medical proof that MJ does any more for ANY disease or physical ailment than traditional medicine, medical MJ is a complete fraud and a diservice to the public,i sympathize with those who had or have infermites and BELIEVE that this stuff helps,all the facts and tests prove it does not...it is a drug and a powerful and PHYSICALLY addictive drug, i work in the field and see 100's of people addicted to this GARBAGE, and dont give me the natural argument it isnt natural its been spliced and diced and inbred and hybred to produce UNNATURAL amount of thc....pure garbage

Wayniac917

metal pipes suck. he should of invested in a nice glass blown one. his fault.

Lmm

I am also a person suffering from MS and I personally have not used marijuana for my pains (have thought about it though), I understand why he does it. And Ibuprofin and other OTC medicines does not help when your having chronic pain all over your body. If he had a prescription for it then he should have not been fined! How many people in the news do you hear about overdosing on marijuana?! Now oxycotin, loratab, etc... My 30 yr old brother-in-law died last year from an overdose of pills. Unless you have a chronic condition like MS or any other disease that causes constant pain you cannot know what its like!

Terri

As a person living with the same disease Montel is living with, I completely understand his using the marijuana. I honestly believe it is a much better way of handling the terrible pain we live with day in and day out. I am amazed how many times I have had doctor's write a prescription for pain pills (with me throwing them in the trash).

Peggy

Geez #15, how stupid are you? I've seen more negative stories on TMZ on white people than black. Lindsy lohan, Brittney Spears, Bristol Palin, Nicholas Cage, Nick Nolte, Charlie Sheen, etc....
Why do black people feel like they are being picked on just because they are black, when they do the same crimes white people do? 10 to one tells me you are black.

Dusty G

how the hell did he get in trouble when the pipe wasn't used? that is bull****, that is like getting in trouble for just having a piece of metal on you. People are very stupid about this issue, Marijuana doesn't cause cancer and those of you who make websites saying it does are ****ing stupid, do your research, they have actually found the opposite out, Marijuana can help fight cancer, when I hear this fake **** about all the "bad" stuff Marijuana supossedly does, and how much these people are wrong because they spout out about **** they have no clue about, it makes me sit here and shake my head. Marijuana is gift sent to us from God himself, hmmm I seem to recall the bible saying "All seed bearing plants I give to u" does Marijuana not bear seeds? I have a rare spinal cord disorder that I have since birth called klippel fiel syndrome, and I have scoliosis as well, the amount of pain I bear is unthinkable some days. Marijuana helps to reduce that pain, and helps me to function through out the day. I could be sitting at home collecting a dissability check every month and not have to work, but I chose to work, and to have a life, oh yeah and I smoke marijuana on a daily baises, but wait, aren't I supose to be a lazy pothead? there are much lazier people out there collecting dissability checks because they are to fat to do anything because they eat too much junk food, and they don't smoke, but hey us pot heads are just oh so terrible, seriously give me a ****in break. Montel Williams, and everyone else on this planet have the god given right to smoke Marijuana, not just those with medical conditions, but for those of with medical conditions Marijuana is truely a godsend. Thankyou God for your wonderful gift, I just wish everyone else knew the truth about this wonderful plant.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6