'Bachelor' Slap: Womack Says NOT Criminal Battery

1/4/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ABC is promoting "The Bachelor" with a slap to the face by a contestant, but the victim tells TMZ he  doesn't want her prosecuted.
010411_bachelor_still

You probably saw Brad Womack take a slap to the face, when he was greeted by Chantal O'Brien, who glibly told him she was delivering a violent message on behalf of all the scorned women in America.

So if Amber Portwood gets prosecuted for beating on her boyfriend, what's the difference?

1014_womack_videoBrad tells TMZ, "I think Chantal was just trying to make a statement about my past behavior and make a strong first impression, which she did. "

Brad adds, "I think what Chantal did was a light-hearted gesture which I took as such.  I do not condone violence in any relationship, nor would I keep someone around who I felt truly wished to do me harm."

As Brad left the premiere party last night -- he told us the slap was, "very real and very hard." Brad also told us he didn't want Chantal prosecuted because he "deserved" it.

So what do you think?

0104_bachelor_babes_footer

mike

There's a huge difference between a slap in the face and being punched in the head repeatedly and kicked. It was probably scripted anyway.... spare me.

Bubbles The Chimp

Umm....It is called 'scripted pseudo-reality tv' for a reason.

Rachel Rothechild

This man is a paid actor. So watch a another planned production with a twist to make you watch......ZZZZZ

kp

do you think it was STAGED
I wish she had some big brothers that would have come in and beat the crap out of him.
T V is so CRAPPY I can't stand to watch how bad it has gotten---

ericm

Nobody has the right to hit anyone unless they are threatened with bodily harm. The woman should be removed from the show and sent home.

chzman

Woman have too much of the "Entitled" attitude. "Because I'm a woman, I'm entitled to abuse you as a man."
Women in America KNOW they won't be prosecuted for DV. They 'might' and mean MIGHT actually get arrested and/or charges filed but, by the time it gets in front of a judge, the charges are tossed out. The woman always uses the same excuse...'he abused me (enter any amount of time) ago'.
Just like that crazy woman in Selmer, Tn who shot her husband in the back while he was sleeping! Just like Bobbit! And countless other women that Abuse because they know they WILL NOT BE PROSECUTED!
Men do not report the abuse due to the abuse suffered in reporting it. Police laughing when they arrive. Prosecutors, judges etc asking questions like, "she's smaller than you, did she really hurt you?"
She should be prosecuted, without his cooperation. The prosecutor does not need it. The event is all on tape!
Equal is equal, good and bad!

Tigerman

You women want to be "equal," right?
What if he had slapped HER?
There'd be a huge outrage. He'd be vilified.
No matter who does it, it is wrong to attack another person, for any reason.

konaehukai

If somebody calls me a "nice piece of meat" in public in retaliation for denying him sex and I slap the jerk can I be criminally prosecuted?

Posted at 6:53 AM on Jan 4, 2011 by Janeny
----------------------------------------------

WTF does this even mean? Not too sure who would want to sleep with someone that lacks the intelligence to complete a coherent sentence anyway.

StarJacker

Stop being such sissies... every man should be slapped by a woman once in their life. seriously... tends to knock some sense into ya. ever watch Mythbusters?

Dennis Johnson

Man I think that this is no more than a WWE promo.It makes for good tv because this guy has the personality of water and the show SUCKS so they had to do something to get ratings up.

Robert

Prosecute that women. Hitting someone is unacceptable behavior. What does that teach the viewers of this program that likely lower income men and women!

kromen

She would have been eating teeth.

Cravin Morehead

All the women on here are classless, attention-seeking skanks!

Michael

When she "slapped" him there was no sound, which is why they dubbed in a foley slap. I heard it took 4 takes to get just the right "look". ABC is very particular, especially for promo shots.

Let's see, you have a guy who is better looking and in better shape than anybody you know, trying to score from a room full of women who are no more than size 4's, surgically enhanced, and all of them are prettier than any girl you've ever met. Plus they are all outgoing, photogenic, and they look great on camera.

I'm guessing none of those people has trouble getting a date, or finding a spinner for the night, ever. They are there for the money, nothing more, nothing less.

Sound like Reality to me, if you're the guy who writes scripts for Vivid Entertainment or Hugh Hefner.

chzman

I love all you people that use the excuse "it was a light slap." Ok, so next time my gf makes a choice I don't like, I'll just give her a "light slap" in the mouth! Isn't this what all you women cried for...EQUAL RIGHTS?! So decide...do want to be equally Charged & Prosecuted for ANY act Domestic Violence, great or small...or would like to be equally smacked around when you do dumb **** the way we would some guy on the street?!
If they aren't going to prosecute this, then 1000's of men should be released from jail for the same act, "a light slap"!

I'm very adamant on this issue because I've dated a violent woman who, after pummeling me for over a year, I finally defended myself by grabbing her, putting her in an Arm Lock, forcing her to ground until she cooled off. She called cops and I get arrested, not her! (charges were dismissed after investigation but she was still never charged) I was told, "you'll get over it..." I've been charged with Domestic Violence for making a late night drunk-dialing phone call telling her I wanted out of the relationship. Because I made the unwanted phone call, I was found guilty.