'Bachelor' Slap: Womack Says NOT Criminal Battery

1/4/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ABC is promoting "The Bachelor" with a slap to the face by a contestant, but the victim tells TMZ he  doesn't want her prosecuted.
010411_bachelor_still

You probably saw Brad Womack take a slap to the face, when he was greeted by Chantal O'Brien, who glibly told him she was delivering a violent message on behalf of all the scorned women in America.

So if Amber Portwood gets prosecuted for beating on her boyfriend, what's the difference?

1014_womack_videoBrad tells TMZ, "I think Chantal was just trying to make a statement about my past behavior and make a strong first impression, which she did. "

Brad adds, "I think what Chantal did was a light-hearted gesture which I took as such.  I do not condone violence in any relationship, nor would I keep someone around who I felt truly wished to do me harm."

As Brad left the premiere party last night -- he told us the slap was, "very real and very hard." Brad also told us he didn't want Chantal prosecuted because he "deserved" it.

So what do you think?

0104_bachelor_babes_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Katie

Ummm... the best part? She's the one rumored to be the girl Brad picks. Interesting...

B_More

Uhmmmm...how does one "innocently" slap someone in the face?

Me

33% think a slap from a little girl which the guy himself says was deserved is criminal battery.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Las Vegas

I won't even watch it now since some of you have totally blown it for the viewers. Arses. Shame on the network.

Las Vegas

Interesting how when you click on "Babes of the Bachelor* her picture no longer comes up.....As the Seasons continue, the LAMER this show gets. I used to really enjoy it.

Kathay Palmer

I am so sick of people knocking Brad. He did the right thing 3 years ago and should be applauded for not "buying in". That slap was rude, inappropriate, and without merit. She does not represent me in any way. I am ashamed that the producers allowed her to continue. There is no excuse for what she did and should have been taken off the show immediately OR never shown. She's an insult to all women.

Justin Mias

I think she should get the death penalty.We can not afford to live in a society that tolerates such brutality.

xavier

It's a double standard as far as a network goes, because with all the organizations against male on female domestic violence (in most any form), the network 1. allowed the contestant to continue and 2. promoted the show with something they would or should not do if the gender roles were reversed, and especially over her non-part in the life of other contestants. So staged or not, it's wrong on a number of levels. It's a bad example on those levels of how to behave, whether a grown woman or a teen mom.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8