'Golden Radio Voice' Guy -- Grounded in Ohio By No ID

1/5/2011 6:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 'Golden Radio Voice' guy -- who went from homeless to overnight Internet sensation -- is struggling to board a flight to NYC because he doesn't have ID ... according to his rep (yep, he's got one now).

Homeless Man Radio Voice
Ted Williams' peeps tell us Ted is currently at the courthouse in Columbus, OH trying to get a copy of his birth certificate.

Ted is supposed to be in New York tomorrow for an interview on "Today" -- but according to the rep he's been homeless for more than four years so he doesn't have ID ... and can't board a flight.

It's the first bad news Williams has had in 24 hours. He's gotten a job offer, a home offer, and a free trip home to visit his mom -- all because of the YouTube clip that went viral.

Ted's rep says having to reestablish identity is a common problem for the homeless. Let's hope someone has a plan B to get Ted to NYC.

nobleday

So nice...what an amazing voice. Hope things work out for him!

tina

I love this story!!! He does seem like such a good person, and to think he has gone through all of that hard luck and he is not blaming anyone but himself!!! Refreshing.....I hope he becomes a mega star in broadcasting......

sister278

Hurray for this guy! I wish him all the best.

How now brown cow

wow what a sweet man! I wish him the best

stinky mcgee

What golden pipes he has!

Grandma Cracker

This guy is awesome! What a wonderful story...thanks TMZ! This man is a poster child for what sobriety is all about! When somebody has "it" you can tell, and I hope a million good things happen for him every day!

jadey

I have to agree.. how many times has lilo been to expensive fancy rehabs, and still couldn't get clean... but this Homeless guy did it on his own? Seriously?
There is alot to be said for a person who hit total rock bottom... and yet still had enough faith to keep dreaming big, and believing in himself..Especially when we live in a world where bashing other people and there dreams is a hobby.

p lori

I hope someone gets in a car and DRIVES him to NY.

Carl

I did see this guy on TV last night.... All I can say is that hopefully a big exec from a radio station will listen and give this guy a chance. Being homeless for the last four years must really sucked.
Way to go Ted! Wish you the best, stay cool

gutsygirl

Finally!!! A little late to the dance, TMZ. I commented to you about this story seven hours ago! Sick of hearing about these celebrity trainwrecks!

Ted Williams has more dignity than most of corporate America.
Blessings to this gentleman.

Wendy White

What a wonderful way to start the day. I was having my morning coffee watching the Today show, and heard about the "Golden Voice". I logged on to my computer and heard this incredible voice. Later today I see all the wonderful things that have happened in his life. I wish him all the best, remember one day at a time, sometimes even one moment at a time. I wish you well. Only in this great country of ours.

Vorhese

The country, the world, is rooting for Ted. We needed something like this to happen. I hope he makes millions.

Vince

Did anyone think of a private jet?! Good human story. I wish him well!

Snoski Roc

Wow!!! Great story! I wish him nothing but the best.

CHICKENMAN

good for him he has a god given talent and deserves a 2nd chance at life....Hope he makes himself a living and gets off the streets
he has a amazing voice and should make money for some company out there....