'Lost' Numbers

PAY OFF

in Mega Millions Lottery

1/5/2011 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Finally, a purpose for those damn "Lost" numbers -- because if you played the same cursed digits that Hurley used on the show ... you could have walked away with $150 in last night's Mega Millions lottery.

Mega Millions Winning Numbers
Of course, Hurley's numbers were 4,8,15,16,23 and 42.

The Mega Millions numbers were 4,8,15,25 and 47 ... with 42 being the Mega Ball number.

Last night's jackpot was $355 million. Hurley only won $114 million.

Two people reportedly picked the winning numbers. Hopefully, they won't book air travel to Australia in the near future ... they could end up on a TV show with absolutely zero closure.

Superman

Yesterday, there was a headline about the Mega Millions jackpot on the USA Today website. Someone posted those numbers (4,8,15,16,23 and 42) in the comment section. Funny. I could have won $150 if I played them.

what He said

who the **** is hurley?? maybe elaborating on this peice of crap story would give it more sense.

Dave

@what He said

If you had more culture you would know who Hurley is.
Also if you were smarter you would have searched it instead of writing such unnecessary comment.

normal person

Ok am I the only one that finds the numbers different. 4,8,15,25,47-42 is not the same as 4,8,15,16,23-42. You know close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades

Jake

How do you not know who Hurley is?? Also yes the numbers are off if you had read the top of the story you would see it says you would have won $150.00 not the $355 million ....

CashPenny

@Dave
How does knowing about a fictional tv show make you cultured?

bridget

Well it DOES reference LOST in the title... come on people.

Big Mamma Cornbread

I HAD 4,8, AND # 42 MEGA.....I PLAYED 4,8 THREE TIMES ON OTHER TICKETS ...ON THE OTHER TICKETS I HAD THE 15 47 AND 25...MY NUMBERS WERE 4,8,16,17,45 MEGA 42...I COULD SCREAM...I DID SCREAM...I CRIED..

anna

ummmm, ONLY?????????

Don

"end up on a TV show with absolutely zero closure."
What does The Sopranos have to do with this story?

Mark

Come on! There was plenty of closure with LOST!

Shantaram Jonens

I played the 3 plus the mega check it out:

Quinn

I'm supposed be writing a legal paper and I find myself here. Then I find myself researching how much I would have won if I had played the numbers that were on a show I never watched. I had to break through firewalls for this. Only to find out that #1 superman, was right all along ... one hundred and fifty bucks. I have ADHD or something. Dam you TMZ.

wendi

very cool - the guy who came up with those numbers for Lost was ahead of his time. whether the Lost numbers match perfectly or not it's actually very cool, especially considering the odds against something like that happening. and to have the mega ball match too - fun

Super Kute Shivon

@14 omg me too! lol i live!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments