« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Power Balance Bracelets are Total BS ... Says Lawsuit

1/6/2011 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

If you still don't understand how those super-trendy "Power Balance" bracelets make you into a better athlete ... it's because they don't -- this according to a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

0105_kobe_bryant_power_balance_EXD_Getty

The class action lawsuit, filed this week in federal court in L.A., alleges consumers were duped into believing the hologram-embedded band was scientifically proven to enhance balance, flexibility and strength. There was just one small problem -- there's no hard proof to back those claims.

In fact, the suit claims Power Balance honchos admitted they had "no credible scientific evidence that supported the representations" -- but continued to "mislead" the public anyway ... selling 3 million units in just three years.

The lawsuit claims Power Balance needs to shell out more than $5,000,000 to make things right with consumers.

So far, no word if famous band-supporters like Kobe Bryant, Shaq or Paul Pierce will join the class.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Josh Roche facebook/joshua.t.roche

Well that's interesting.

Though there is no scientific proof it helps your balance can u prove that it dosen't?

I have performed the test on a person who had no idea what I was doing. I just said i want to try an experament on you. When they ask what is it. I said i cant tell you that's part of the experament. Did the test with them not even knowing what it was supose to do and got the same results. Could it be a placebo effect possable but I realy think it has some effect. I have been unable to prove it wrong

Josh Roche facebook/joshua.t.roche

Well that's interesting.

Though there is no scientific proof it helps your balance can u prove that it doesn’t?

I have performed the test on a person who had no idea what I was doing. I just said I want to try an experiment on you. When they ask what the experiment is. I said I can’t tell you that's part of the experiment. Did the test with them not even knowing what it was suppose to do and got the same results. Could it be a placebo effect possible but I really think it has some effect. I have been unable to prove it wrong. It's next to impossible to scientifically prove u have better balance.

I will still continue to beleave in them. If it works cuz i beleave then guess what. I will still have an advantage over the commpeditor who dosn't have one and dosn't beleave. That's what it's about anyway right getting a slight advantage?

bob

so you cant make something aand sell it. Get real, everyone knew it didn't have magcal powers. no reason to sue over it. your the retards that bought them.

Joe

Works for me for 30 bucks. I trusted American bank 2 years ago and I lost 50000 times of that.

dee

I agree with 15. If you're stupid enough to buy something like that, that's YOUR fault, not theirs. That's like suing because you collected Beanie Babies for years and now they aren't worth anything. You can't sure because of your own stupidity.

Oh wait, I forgot, you totally CAN sue for your own stupidity. Hot coffee on the lap equals millions of dollars. Ridiculous.

Mike

Products such as this whose performance merit arises strictly from some outlandish claim or other do have their place - they function quite as a "stupid" tax! It's just too bad that the proceeds from this "tax" benefit a not (quite) so stupid few.

BlingTickets

It Works! but there aint no scientific reason why, or they just cant find one lol

www.BlingTickets.com

HeBeGB

Hey, what do athletes know? NOTHING! Let them continue to advertise their stupidity on their wrists!!

DizzKid

You've got too be the dumbest person out there to buy this crap. It like someone selling you lamp that's promise to grant you 3 wish's, seriously some people...

Webster

Josh Roche facebook/joshua.t.roche, It's always good to know how to spell when you trying to prove a point.

experament and beleave, are you serious?

Also, If it was your "placebo effect" the person should probably know what the bracelet is supposed to be doing.

You have proved to me in more ways than one that you are clueless.

Go buy some more bracelets.

magnumcreek

Pay the money get the endorsement.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

This is no different than religion. You believe that something is good for you and works. If you believe god is real, then good for you. That is no different than believing this bracelet works. The company selling the bracelet, is no different than a church. They both give you something to believe in for a price. Neither one of them are worth a damn in my opinion. And neither one works.

David

The people suing should be the ones being sued for their STUPIDITY.

You have to be a retard to think popping a pill will make you lose weight, Or drinking this protein powder will make you massive.

Idiots deserve to get jipped out of money.

tito

my holographic charizard card gives me super powers too. you should see my flamethrower!

Liza C.

Duh. Of course it doesn't work. People are stupid. And even if it did have some special properties to balance you, wouldn't you have to wear one on each wrist?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments