'Golden Voice' Guy -- I've Got NINE Kids!!!

1/6/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The homeless man with the golden radio voice revealed another shocking fact about his life this morning -- dude has NINE kids!!!

0106_williams_video
Ted Williams just appeared on the "Today" show -- and when Matt Lauer asked where he thought he'd be in 5 years, Ted replied, "My kids will have love for me."

Williams then explained he has 7 girls and 2 boys .... oh, and he's also a grandfather!!!

TMZ dont like me

Damn, nine kids?!? Dude be stroking like Shawn Kemp and Antonio Cromartie...

Tara

All the best to him! He deserves whatever good fortune comes his way, his story is great. I'm going to eat double the mac and cheese now that he's the voiceover guy!

TRW

I'm happy for him, and hopefully his family will not take advantage of this new found 'fame' and good fortune, but will support him and be the encouragement he needs. Also wish I knew how to successfully get my daughters music viewed a LOT on YouTube without paying someone to help make it viral...anyone want to check out her music, she writes and sings...its under WilliamsFam47167

cregis

Let's hope the taxpayers, if the children received any benefits, get reimbursement from him if he makes any money.

logan

um, 9 kids and he is Homeless? Not one of them could take him in? WTF?? Nice kids. now that he has his 15 min. those bastards will come out of the wood work.

Sandra

Great voice!! I wish him well.

george

That's why you don't smoke crack !!!

A'Lyce

@logan, My sentiments EXACTLY!! SMH

MikeP

He did seem really sincere, and they let him go on, and he made entire show, run late. Pretty amazing, they would not dare, cut him off, as he is already SO popular.
Dude is also doing Kimmel, and possibly Leno tonight.
But, he is a vet, and this is the kind of stuff that can still happen in America, so this is going to have "major legs" Great for him.

randomnone

Ummm TMZ thank you for trying to stir sh!!+ but we already knew, he spoke about it yesterday. It always has to be about sensationalism for you lot. Run Ted, Run.

sassy

I think it's a wonderful story. Hard luck vet (yes due to his own bad ways) trying to get his life together. He seems like a man who has lived a hard life and realizes the wrongs he has committed and wants to get his life together. You seriously can't fault him for wanting that.
What I am concerned with is that the sudden fame will be overwhelming and may push him back into drugs & drink. Sounds like the Today show has given him access to a counselor, yay for them, that was wonderful.
Good luck Ted Williams, keep your head on straight, stay away from trouble and you can have an awesome life.

greatneck

Looks homeless, will always have that mentality. He took that lifestlye cause it got him off the hook. Howard Stein called him a 'hoax', I agrees. Your 15 minutes are up, go back to Ohio, BYE!!!!!!

gutsygirl

Mr. Williams is so overwhelmed by people's generosity right now. There will be many pressures that come with his fame. I pray he finds a good minister that can help guide him through, what will no doubt be, the many temptatons that come his way.

rex kramer

He's homeless because he can't afford so much child support. He got so underwater, he just gave up. Instead of being reasonable, they will cream him on the back child support and he'll be back on the street with noone better off.

gutsygirl

@#13

Howard Stern is the hoax...and you're paying for it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments