'Golden Voice' Guy -- I've Got NINE Kids!!!

1/6/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The homeless man with the golden radio voice revealed another shocking fact about his life this morning -- dude has NINE kids!!!

0106_williams_video
Ted Williams just appeared on the "Today" show -- and when Matt Lauer asked where he thought he'd be in 5 years, Ted replied, "My kids will have love for me."

Williams then explained he has 7 girls and 2 boys .... oh, and he's also a grandfather!!!

Ms. L

People.... his children are GROWN!!!

J

Right Ms. L. I said that earlier. People don't listen. His kids are grown and have kids of their own and people still keep harping on it. And guess what people, his kids are in his life. So no, he's not some guy with 9 underage kids who hate him because he has nothing to do with him. Know your facts before you post. Geesh!

lala

Congratulations to Ted Williams! He was a good person at heart all along, so good Karma came his way! To all the Haters it's a shame you people are so filled with hate they have to come up with a Label for you people! Haters..what a negative word!

rex kramer

@ Byronious & cara : In no way am I denying that this guy has sherked his duties as a father and a responsible citizen. He took a world class tailspin into the world of jagoffs. However, his children are now grown, those mothers persevered without him. Everyday he just sank deeper and deeper until it seemed like was at the bottom of the grand canyon. So along comes the feelgood story of the year and he's got a shot at a regular life and wait for it... the state (courts) will cream him on back child support for his grown children and/or his estranged family members will bilk/sue his a$$ back to the gutter he just crawled out of. Who wins? In the end, he'll be back in the gutter or jail and noone will get any $. It's sad really. Best case scenario: he ODs in Vegas with a room full of hookers.

venessa

i dont think its anyones business about how many kids he has and he shouldn't be made fun of because of this. At least he is an honest man!! Instead of stupid people making fun of him. GROW UP!!! and leave him alone!!! YOU GO TED!!!!

Mandrake

Snizzzle
Dudes going to Hollywood to make a movie with Jack Nicholson. I guarantee that he'll be smoking crack, doing lines, getting drunk and having another 9 kids while hes there.

Zooboxs.com

This guy is awesome hes sober now and seems like a very good man..Bless his soul!! www.Zooboxs.com The Wild Ideas of Tomorrow :)

Gramma

I'm happy for him, and hopefully his family will not take advantage of this new found 'fame' and good fortune, but will support him and be the encouragement he needs. Also wish I knew how to successfully get my daughters music viewed a LOT on YouTube without paying someone to help make it viral...anyone want to check out her music, she writes and sings...its under WilliamsFam47167

While I agree with what you had to say about him, I did check out your dauther on youtube...sorry, shes okay but nothing sensational...

Married2mylove

This was a great story with a happy ending (so far) God bless him and bless all those companies that want to help him. I hope his kids dont come "out the woodwork" looking to score or put him down. I hope they can help him ensure his success.

Robert

"5.

um, 9 kids and he is Homeless? Not one of them could take him in? WTF?? Nice kids. now that he has his 15 min. those bastards will come out of the wood work.

Posted at 6:53 AM on Jan 6, 2011 by logan"

This.

Chun LI

So true #5. Now they'll want some of his money.

rolo

another black crack head with 9 future convicts under his belt and now were suppose to worship him because he has a decent voice?

Rayboy

ALL THE BLACK KIDS YOU SAW EVERYDAY WORKING AT MC DONALDS, KFC, BLOCKBUSTER ETC. WERE THE RESPONSIBLE PARENTS OF HIS KIDS WHO WERE SUPPORTED BY THE TAXES TAKEN FROM THEIR HARD WORK AND POOR PAY, THEY...AND THEY ONLY DESERVE PRAISE FOR TAKING UP THE SLACK OF THIS LOSER. HE DIDN'T MAKE 'MISTAKES IN HIS LIFE.....A MISTAKE IS FORGETTING THE CATFOOD AFTER YOU COME BACK FROM SHOPPING. THIS 'PERSON' MADE CONSCIOUS CHOICES THAT HARMED PEOPLE AND SHOULD PAY IT ALL BACK.

keith

keep it real ted it's nitting hard and more cash then you have seen in a long time as an alcoholy too just keep it real man im behind you ok so cool you got the chance to get a new start thanks keith

lulabelle

I COULD BE WRONG BUT I DOUBT THIS GUY WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE ALL THIS ATTENTION AND MONEY WITHOUT REVERTING BACK TO HIS OLD HABITS. WISH HIM WELL BUT HE HAS A LOAD OF BAGGAGE AND I SUSPECT WE DON'T KNOW THE HALF OF IT.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments