Jaime Pressly

Busted for DUI

1/6/2011 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jaime Pressly was arrested late Wednesday night for suspicion of driving under the influence ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Jaime Pressly DUI

The "My Name Is Earl" star was driving in Santa Monica at around 11PM when she was stopped.  We're told cops took notice of her vehicle after she allegedly committed a traffic violation.

A field sobriety test was performed and Jaime was arrested and booked on suspicion of DUI.

She was taken to the Santa Monica jail and held on $15,000 bail.

UPDATE:  Law enforcement sources tell TMZ there were no drugs in Jaime's car.  We're also told no children were in the car.  And, we know, there was no car accident.  The only other circumstance in which bail is set at $15,000 -- the normal amount is $5,000 -- is when the driver's blood-alcohol level is higher than .15.  We have not, however, been able to confirm Jaime's level.

1103_celebrity_DUI_footer

No comment

Wow Julia M., thank god you are not patrolling the streets. While FST's are subjective, in combination with a breathalyzer the are pretty accurate. Departments are required by law to calibrate their breathalyers. If we lived by your beliefs we'd have a lot more dead and injured people on the streets.

anony

I thought she was arrested for not having a chin.

Brad

Throw her ass in jail for a long time. Drinking and Driving kills children and families. What a loser.

MP

I would like to see tougher laws for drunk drivers, even if there's no accident involved. There seems to be no consequence to driving drunk. How about 6 months in jail for a first offense?

da truth

she will blame it on her recent separation. LOSER

Gregg

She will be perfect as Charlie Sheen's new baby mama. Jaime Pressly & him both drink like crazy. Joy Hickey meets Charlie Harper

Nikki

Cleveland Gal

I am amazed at how much she resembles Faith Ford. But, to comment on this story-stupid move on her part! Wish people would take drinking and driving seriously before more innocent people are killed.

BBC web Hosting

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Chia

Kids in the car? How frigging stupid can you get?

Go to a real rehab or write this idiot off (two strikes).

Jimbo45

I like the way she's already been convicted by some of you even though you don't have all the facts.

BTW, Never under any cir***stances consent to a field sobriety test. #1, They are voluntary, #2, You are set up to fail sober or not. And when you fail, you've just given them more rope to hang you with. Plead the 5th, and ask for a lawyer in ANY arrest.
Just my 2 cents.....

Megadeth

Paul Reubens went to visit her in her cell and said, "Hey it could've been worse!"

dsw

Was that supposed to be on Earl's list of deeds?

Jennette

umm. it's Jamie NOT Jaime FAIL!

b boob

Theres a lot of comments. I comend u for reading mine.
First, $5000 bail for DUI is redicula\. bail is meant to assure a persons attendance at trial. Not to pad a states pockets. Here is a successful actress and they need 15000. and she was buzzed.

I kow, buzzed driving is a crime. I hate your state. So glad I live in a real libral state like Rhode Island where personal recognisance is a given.

Oh yea. Lets say I was riding my bike from Malibu to Santa M when I was traveling in my twenties. And I cut across PCH and got caught with weed and a pipe. I got a ticket to appear. Which I never did. What happens the next time I am at Disney? Are they going to slam me because now I have money.
I can wait. 9.0 on the richter scale. Buy all you plastic people. But Mel, please be visiting New York when it hits. I love you Mel. And Kesha. Kesha, you can let me **** your ass anytime, you agreeable litle slut.
Love