« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Man Sues The Rock Over WWE Match from 2000

1/6/2011 4:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

11 years after a legendary WWE match between The Rock and Triple H -- a guy who was in the audience is suing the wrestlers ... claiming he was injured when the men ran into the crowd and knocked a female fan into his knee.

0106_the_rock_hhh_getty_bn

It's all in a Kentucky lawsuit filed by Ronald Basham -- who says he was 7-years-old at the time of the incident ... and too young to sue for himself.

According to the lawsuit, Ronald claims the wrestlers took the fight out of the ring and into the stands -- when The Rock shoved a spectator ... and caused a woman standing nearby to fall onto Ronald ... injuring his right leg and knee.

Ronald claims he sustained "severe and painful injuries" that will continue to bother him. In fact, Ronald says he recently had to undergo surgery on his leg as a result of the wrestling incident.

A rep for the WWE tells us they are "looking into the matter" but says they "don't comment on pending litigation."

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MP

I am so sick of frivolous lawsuits. It makes it harder for people who genuinely have a personal injury case to not be seen as money grubbers. What about the statute of limitations? Usually it's 2 years in most states. I hope this man loses and is forced to pay all court costs and legal expenses. That's the system we need in this country to cut down on frivolous lawsuits.

kidz

This kid needs therapy,wht a ****in crybaby.He probably went to his mom and said,"mom y did I get shot 11 yrs ago."His mom said,"umm u werent shot,a lady fell on u,tht was it."he's soft too,he's still hurting after 11 yrs ago?he needs to get a life and I hope someone shows him real pain

Dan

Oh christ (hangs head)...

NickoMcBrain

Meh, as a wrestling fan, if I was injured by Triple H and The Rock during one of their best matches, at the very height of their popularity, skill/ talent level, and careers and during the most popular period of wrestling since the early 80's... well, I think I'd be oddly happy about that. ;]

nonya

You GOT TO BE KIDDING..stop wasting tax payers money and get a f**KEN JOB.....your an IDIOT!!!!

Jstmli

@29... Lemme guess... Not into wrestling, are we? The second dude in the pic is not the "alleged" victim... Do some googling!

tami

I love reading the comments. Politicians should really push for an ordinance on breath analysis devices for computer keyboards!

Zooboxs.com

This is just sad! The World we live in where people try to make a fast dollar :/ www.Zooboxs.com

John

Isn't there a statute of limitations on when a lawsuit can be filed? Thought it was 5-years, but apparently not.

Weprox

I would like to say all the claims of Ronald are absolutely right.I entirely agree with his.And you know,These all happened in there.

Corey

I've heard a lot of B.S. over the years but this is ridiculous. I read some comments here and truthfully if the guy was 7 at the time and some female fell into him he would have been on his ass and there would have been more damage. Plus what I was getting to, yes his parents would have filed for him back then. This is a joke. I hope WWE and the Rock counter sui and this bum is made a fool of, this is utter nonsense.

Neo Jacob Gaomphe

The Rock and HHH, that guy is really sick. You did not make him poor. Let him go on with his case and relevant proffessional to investigate.

Rooster Jacko

wat ppv did this happen at

virginia

i totally agree,wih the other commentaries, this guy for sure is money hungry,if it happened whywait 11 years later really? is all a scheme for money he sure enjoy the wrestling at the time, don'try toget moeny for your own personal injury hahaand blammedit on the wwe because is a huge corporation, instead get a job you lazzy freeloader

leoLee

I can't believe what I am reading all you people are bashing a person who was hurt by the recklessness of the Rock and HHH WWE
they need to be held accountable for their actions you don't know what this guy has been through. so you have no right to judge him. I support him you all should to. if this had happened to you you would do the same thing.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments