Drew Carey -- Bob Barker Makes Prison Soap?

1/7/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Drew Carey learned something new about former "The Price is Right" host Bob Barker -- he makes prison soap! Okay, maybe that's urban myth ... or not ... let's get to the bottom of this prison mystery.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Laura L

Hey TMZ,

Just wanted to confirm this! I did a stint in Illinois' Cook County jail and Bob Barker is not only on soap! He's on sports bra's, underwear and some other personal hygiene products. Occasionally they would hand the stuff out for free. Although I found rubbing Bob Barker's soap all over my body (which was really cheap and gave me a yeast infection) a bit creepy, I have to say, that is totally genius. There are always going to be people incarcerated and I bet he's making a fortune. *insert lame Price is Right joke here*

Toodles!

Fred G. Sanford

He has a whole line of cosmetic products for prison institutions.

Marta

Just about all local jails have Bob Barker products. The tooth paste is used for glue and to clean shoes and lots more.

whitney

Ha it's true, we use his products at the rehab I work at. Soap, shampoo, conditioner... his own line of beauty products.

MISS LISA

I AM A RETIRED FEDERL JUSTICE JAIL OFFICER. I FIRST LEARNED ABOUT THE HORRORS OF "PRISON SOAP" WHEN THE INMATES FOUND OUT MY FIRST NAME WAS "LISA". BACK IN THE EARLY 80'S THEY USED SOAP NAMED "LISA" AND EVERYDAY AS I PASSED BY THE SHOWER ROOMS THAT'S ALL I HEARD!....LOL...I LEARNED TO GET USE TO IT AND SOON IT STOPPED.

YUsoSTUPID

IT IS NOT THE SAME BOB BARKER!!! I can't believe how people will comment about something they know nothing about without a quick check of the internet...It took me 10 seconds to google bob barker jail products; this provided a link to snopes that will tell you the story.
The Bob Barker that makes these items was a politician, who started the company in the 70's
people don't know how to use the internet responsibly

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2