'This Is It' Producer: I Didn't Cause Michael's Death

1/8/2011 8:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The producer/director of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour is scoffing at Katherine Jackson's wrongful death suit in which he's named as a defendant, because he had nothing to do with the drugs or treatment that caused the singer's death.

0107_kenny_katherine_TMZ_EX

Kenny Ortega just filed legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- asking the court to remove him as a defendant in Katherine's suit, claiming, "Kenneth Ortega is not alleged to be involved in the medical treatment or administration of drugs that allegedly caused Michael Jackson's death."

Ortega's lawyer adds ... Kenny never had a contract with Dr. Conrad Murray or with  Michael Jackson, nor has he had any official affiliation with AEG.

Ortega's lawyer says, "The naming of Kenneth Ortega as a defendant in this action, without any basis, without any substantive charging allegations against him, is a gross error."

dd

If Michael had od' like the others Marilyn, Keith, Rick, Elvis and whoever else I would accept it...But a 150'grand doctor..HELLL NO! You should have hired the doctors Rn's and everyone else you knew MY FAM and you knew us...But I will Love you until the day I die!

TXluvsMJ2

For some reason I just don't like or trust this guy. In the TII do***entary he had his head so far MJ's ass that it made me uncomfortable. When I work with people like that I stay away from them because, in my experience, they prove to be two-faced and unreliable a-holes that'll stab you in the back first chance they get.

I agree that Murray gave MJ the drugs that killed him, no brainer there. But Ortega and AEG should have noticed something amiss...and I don't mean that Michael was just "tired" one day. Didn't they notice how fragile he looked? There was no way in hell Michael looked healthy enough to take on 50+ tour dates.

That doesn't make Ortega guilty of murder, but I wouldn't say he was a friend of MJ's either. Friends don't work friends to death.

Marina

The authorities and his families looking for someone to blame for his death, the sooner they accept the man was an addict, the better off everyone will be, then they will accept that the only person responsible for his death is him, if dr murray didnt service him someone else would cause drug addicts go to the extreme to get what they want. His death was inevitable, cause thats what happen to drug addicts. Let dr murray go any number of people could have conributed to his death. the family admitted trying to stop him from taking drugs, that didnt help so why should anyone be responsible for his mistakes he didnt stop, he killed himself by default. thats what junkies do.

neverletyoupart

Kenny Ortega is an opportunistic lying jerk who most certainly did NOT care about Michael the human being.. there are many instances and happenings that demonstrate that fact.

The wrongful death suit does not say that Kenny was involved in the medical treatment or any drugs given to Michael. The suit alleges that Kenny, among others, were neglectful of the condition that Michael was in (ie no condition to do the tour.), that AEG pushed Michael too hard and threatened him and essentially forced him to continue with something when what they SHOULD have been doing was opening their eyes and seeing that this man could not get through 50 shows at that point in time. Whether anyone believes that AEG was directly involved in Michael's death or not, the fact remains that the AEG people who saw him day in and day out were not blind nor stupid. There were plenty of incidents at rehearsal (or NOT at rehearsal) that made it clear that Michael was not doing well. Instead of threatening to take his money and house away, they should have seen what was going on. Was it their direct responsibility? I dunno, maybe not. But, don't tell me that Kenny Ortega cared about Michael when he saw with his own damn eyes the condition that Michael was in and did not CARE.

By the way, whether Michael was a drug addict or not does not change the fact that the doctor gave him Propofol and the Propofol killed him. I frankly do not care if Michael Jackson was the biggest drug addict on the face of the planet, if a drug addict says "give me this drug", that doesn't mean you do it. "Michael was an addict" is not a defense for this doctor.

Also, people generally do not take propofol for fun or because they are "addicted" to it. There is no "high" from it. You take it and you pass out. If ANYTHING, Michael wanted to sleep. Not get high. Furthermore, the theory that he gave it to himself is unbelievably stupid and I question whether or not they will even REALLY try to use that as a defense.

People need to wake up. Fan or not, open your eyes to the facts of this case.

M

Katherine is just mad because the house was bought by Michael, it is now part of his estate which pays all the bills for her...she no longer receives an allowance from Michael and therefore cannot give any money to the money grubbing family. She is not that bright of a person. It is funny if you watch the Oprah interview with her she talks about the bail that was set for his trial...she only talked about the money not anytihng esle

TXluvsMJ2

Posted at 6:09 PM on Jan 7, 2011 by neverletyoupart

You make some very good points and I agree with everything you said...especially the point you made about Murray. If Michael was a drug addict Murray should NOT had fed his addiction which is what I believe he was doing. Murray was greedy, but I think he is the fall guy. I also think Murray believes he has a good chance to get off (i.e. be acquitted). If he doesn't get off, and if there are others involved, he will squeal like a pig. In the meantime, Sony/AEG/DiLeo are taking the "we'll wait and see what happens" approach and will probably tell Ortega to shut his trap because it makes him/them look guilty...if they don't shut it for him. Yes, I've been watching too much television. LOL

I also think Ortega/AEG knew the shape Michael was in, probably even knew he was taking drugs and probably knew Murray was Michael's Dr. Feelgood, but they turned a blind eye. IMO they were negligent for letting him go on tour in his condition; all they were thinking about was how fast those tickets sold out and how much money they would make.

yo

ROFL! Talk about making people uncomfortable, MJ was the KING of that!

Slime oozed out of MJ's every orifice.

MJ is the Greatest of all

KENNY IS a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIAR!! LIAR!!! LIAR !!! PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audie

Kenny the fans know you didn't have anything to do with killing Michael. Michael was single handedly KILLED by the most incompetent so called Doctor in the history.

incredingo

the reason he is being named is the doctor being investigated was paid for by the production company itself, not hired independently by MJ.

Janar

Kenny cared about Michael but Katherine did not.

Think about it.

Posted at 5:18 PM on Jan 7, 2011 by yo

----------------------------------------------------

Yo! you are not from Philly, so change your sign in name.

tgrfan42069

everyone is to blame except for the jacksons in their eyes..everyone should have stopped him yet they set back and did nothing.

HarlotO'Hara

Posted at 7:01 PM on Jan 7, 2011 by tgrfan42069

well they didn't exactly sit back and do nothing. they lived off him. and are doing their best to keep at it.

marson

I think Michael had worked with Kenny before and requested to be the producer of the show. It was clear watching This is it they had a mutual admiration for each other. Michael sang part of one of his songs to Kenny in spanish. I think Kenny is ok.