'This Is It' Producer: I Didn't Cause Michael's Death

1/8/2011 8:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The producer/director of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour is scoffing at Katherine Jackson's wrongful death suit in which he's named as a defendant, because he had nothing to do with the drugs or treatment that caused the singer's death.

0107_kenny_katherine_TMZ_EX

Kenny Ortega just filed legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- asking the court to remove him as a defendant in Katherine's suit, claiming, "Kenneth Ortega is not alleged to be involved in the medical treatment or administration of drugs that allegedly caused Michael Jackson's death."

Ortega's lawyer adds ... Kenny never had a contract with Dr. Conrad Murray or with  Michael Jackson, nor has he had any official affiliation with AEG.

Ortega's lawyer says, "The naming of Kenneth Ortega as a defendant in this action, without any basis, without any substantive charging allegations against him, is a gross error."

Khate sucks

If MJ wasn't Rich and Famous, there would never be an investigation! He was just a drug addict. Yes I loved him, too but that's the truth! He hated himself. For a long time, I felt sorry for Katherine but with her asking for MORE money, her book and now this frivalous lawsuit, I am beginning to wonder about her love for her son vs. her love for money!!!! WTF is wrong with her!? This is total crap! I'll bet MJ is SOOOO glad to be dead!

Me

I am so frickin SICK of hearing about MJ. He was a drug addict, egotistical pedophile who could buy his way out of trial. When he died, I was clapping and hoping that hearing about this abuser was finally coming to an end... now we hear about him more then ever. The you get the stupid *&$*% who think that now he is dead he is a saint! The whole family is F(*$ed! Brothers breeding with the same woman and leaving their MOTHER to support the brood! I USED to respect Katherine Jackson a bit because she seemed to be the quiet, supportive type but she has proven herself to be riding the milk cow for all she can get her grubby hands on. The whole family makes me sick. They will all rot in HELL along with MJ.

juney

If Katherine had gotten rid of Alejandra and those kids by Randy and Jermaine, there might have been room for Michael and his three children when he moved back to LA from Vegas in January 2009 for the tour rehearsals. But no. Jermaine and Randy love not having any responsibility for their own children; Michael could have lived in his own home; and if Michael had lived at Hayvenhurst with his children, he might still be with us today. I wonder if Katherine Jackson has given that any thought. Glad the execs are finally evicting them.

marson

I am sick of this! So if someone takes antianxiety drugs, or sleeping pills, or antibotics they are drug addicts. Michael had a problem with pain killers a long time ago and admitted it and when to rehab. I didn't see 1 painkiller in the list of meds that have been released did you? Michael was using profonol for insomina not to get high. It was a foolish, and unsafe thing to do. Some stupid doctor introduced him to this many years ago. So what you guys are saying he was a addict so it doesn't matter if someone injects him with to much of a drug and he stops breathing. Why don't we just line up all the addicts in this country and put them out of their misery then. We can give that job to Murray since he is good at it. Drug addiction is a real illness and I hope someone you guys love never goes through it. Michael trusted his life to this man and he let Michael die!

HarlotO'Hara

marson...what kind of drugs are YOU on right now? sounds like some serious sh*t.

Janar

Was it their direct responsibility? I dunno, maybe not. But, don't tell me that Kenny Ortega cared about Michael when he saw with his own damn eyes the condition that Michael was in and did not CARE.

By the way, whether Michael was a drug addict or not does not change the fact that the doctor gave him Propofol and the Propofol killed him. I frankly do not care if Michael Jackson was the biggest drug addict on the face of the planet, if a drug addict says "give me this drug", that doesn't mean you do it. "Michael was an addict" is not a defense for this doctor.

Posted at 6:09 PM on Jan 7, 2011 by neverletyoupart

You make some very good points and I agree with everything you said...especially the point you made about Murray. If Michael was a drug addict Murray should NOT had fed his addiction which is what I believe he was doing. Murray was greedy, but I think he is the fall guy. I also think Murray believes he has a good chance to get off (i.e. be acquitted). If he doesn't get off, and if there are others involved, he will squeal like a pig. In the meantime, Sony/AEG/DiLeo are taking the "we'll wait and see what happens" approach and will probably tell Ortega to shut his trap because it makes him/them look guilty...if they don't shut it for him. Yes, I've been watching too much television. LOL

I also think Ortega/AEG knew the shape Michael was in, probably even knew he was taking drugs and probably knew Murray was Michael's Dr. Feelgood, but they turned a blind eye. IMO they were negligent for letting him go on tour in his condition; all they were thinking about was how fast those tickets sold out and how much money they would make.

Posted at 6:34 PM on Jan 7, 2011 by TXluvsMJ2

----------------------------------------------------

Both of you have made some very good and smart comments. And no TXluvsMJ2 you have not watched to much t.v.

Areader

Kenny Ortega may not have had a hand in MJ's passing, however, Kenny Ortega had worked with MJ for decades he had to know that MJ was in no shape to pull the This Is It tour off!

Janar

Glad the execs are finally evicting them.

Posted at 7:23 PM on Jan 7, 2011 by juney

--------------------------------------

So am I, and it's about time. And the house is part of Michael Jackson's estate, which does not owe her anything.

Janar

Posted at 7:25 PM on Jan 7, 2011 by marson

--------------------------------------

marson, I like what you said.

Debbidy73

It's time mom and dad Jackson stop trying to find people to blame for Michael's death and except the fact that their son used drugs......lot's of drugs. Not sure what role Dr. Murray had to play in this but enough is enough. Mrs. Jackson is doing this for the money. It's time to stop pointing the finger at anyone she can think of and say enough. Michael is dead.....let him rest and let us rest.

MJ Fans

TMZ - can u post the do***ents

mat

Since mom and dad are suing anyone and everyone they want to blame for their son's death why don't they look in the mirror and sue what they see. They were aware of his prescription drug abuse. His mom has said she worried about it. Did they do any kind of intervention or look into legal options to get him help? Probably not since he was supporting all of them. They couldn't chance losing that even if his life depended on it.
Sick of hearing about their money grabbing law suits.

Siggisis

Trying to escape. You were there June 20th werent you?
Michael died, don´t worry too much. You should be OK

Audie

Areader...where did you base your comment MJ was in no shape to do This is it? Read the autopsy report, Michael was in good health!! Michael was sick, he was MURDERED!!
Geez people get a clue!!

Audie