Sarah Palin's Crosshairs Map Still on Facebook

1/10/2011 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sarah Palin still has not removed the controversial target list map from her Facebook page -- the one that was posted back in March and features crosshairs all over a map ... and the name of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, among others.

Sarah Palin Crosshairs

Palin has been getting flack for the map in the wake of the Giffords shooting over the weekend. A Palin staffer defended the graphic, saying, "We never ever, ever intended it to be gun sights ... It was simply crosshairs like you'd see on maps."

So we ask ...

Chickeeta

How about posting this Obama quote. My guess is you won't.

Posted at 9:18 AM on Jan 10, 2011 by rick

--------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly! I'm sick and tired of the "liberals good - conservatives evil" concept.

There's good and bad in every camp. The media is run primarily by liberals so them jumping on this to further their cause does not surprise me in the least.

Ldawg

Just because Sarah disagrees with Obama and his policies, how is that hate? Please enlightened me...

Gary

1. There are no gun crosshairs on maps. Geesh.... please.

2. While I wouldn't want to lay this tragic event at the feet of any political person or party, I think it's safe to say that the inflammatory speech from the right side is not doing this country any good. The Rush Limbaugh's of the world should shut their pie holes for a while. Especially since you don't see much, if any, of this sort of stuff coming from the left side of the political spectrum. Makes ya think, doesn't it? Or, it should.....

seriously?

I'm sure Mrs. Palin was not targeting any single individual. She should not be blamed for the act of a deranged individual. As more details come out about this man, it certainly looks like he was just not all there. The fact remains that the only person to blame for this is the man who did the shooting.

Don Alex

Yeah, the crosshairs are "metaphors" allright. Palin constantly plays on her rabid love of guns (as if this will make her "butch" enough to be president), gleefully shooting wolves from helicopters and caribou on her vapid TV reality show and then taking happy leering pictures with the corpses like she's at the prom again. While Im sure very few people actually believe that she intended literal violence towards the targeted politicians on the map, at the same time, equating the vitriolic nature of electoral politics with "metaphorical" crosshairs on your opponents (and using phrases like "get them in your sites this November" or "dont retreat, reload") is enough to trigger the mind of a mentally unbalanced yahoo into doing something unspeakable like the Arizona attacks. Considering that the majority of Tea Party fanatics are out of their clueless simple little minds, Im afraid this wont be the last of the Travis Bickle brigade to rear his ugly head.

.:Loki4Ever:.

Chickeeta please don't go there... I'm a democrat in the south and I have seen the WORSE in Republican/Conservatives... I keep my mouth shut and just watch their behavior. I can't change their ignorance; I just sit back and marvel at how stupid and close-minded they behave. There is no hate like that in a backwoods hillbilly... trust me.

Ldawg

The only people I hear spewing hate are the libs calling for Palins death and worse. What is wrong with you people. I have never seen one person call for Obama's death on a conservative site, not one ever.

John

Its hate when you straight say something along the lines of "We are going to TARGET these individuals who voted for Obama care....". So one has to ask the question, Target them for what?, what exactly will targeting these people do other then....MAKE THEM A TARGET FOR HATE. She surely didnt target these people to bake them Palin cookies!

karlew

That's it Sarah keep acting like a no class red neck. Keep showing your true colours with this web site and your often predatory tv show. Keep it up cause my common sense needs all the ammunition it can get to shoot down my libido. I hate that you're so hot

Ldawg

40, target them to get them voted out of office.

CorrineK

Whether or not Palin is responsible for THIS masacre is impossible to know, but I do know that in 2008 during the campaign, the Secret Service warned the Obamas that they were in danger because of more death threats toward them after every rally Sarah Palin headed and spewed her venom against Obama.

Giffords, herself made the comment after Sarah put up the map with the crosshairs and the reload comment that rhetoric like that caused consequences. (not her exact words)

After reading what I've read about Giffords I can't imagine her saying the kind of things Sarah Palin does about her perceived enemies. She even does it on her Alaskan show. The woman is filled with vengeance against anyone who doesn't cater to her. She's a spoiled daddy's girl with no heart.

Chas

You Palin haters are real aholes. Interesting how quick you clowns jump to blame her or the Tea Party for what happened. Now that the truth of who this jackass was, you all look like the judgmental losers that you are. He was not even a Right-wing guy. I dont recall this outrage with the "Kill Bush" signs at Obama rallies. You assclowns were not pissed that someone had a effigy of Palin with a noose around her neck at Halloween. The double standard makes me sick.

Anon

Weiner: Sarah Palin Is Inviting Violence Against Dems

"When Sarah Palin uses gun analogies and gun imagery when she makes her political point, she may believe that she's engaging in metaphor. But there are too many people who have twisted minds who might think that she's being literal,"

Anon

Warning: Subject to New Politically Correct Language Police Censorship
by Sarah Palin on Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 1:59pm

To the teams that desire making it this far next year: Gear up! In the battle, set your sights on next season’s targets! From the shot across the bow – the first second’s tip-off – your leaders will be in the enemy’s crosshairs, so you must execute strong defensive tactics. You won’t win only playing defense, so get on offense! The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons – your Big Guns – to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win.

Anon

Palin endorsed Jesse Kelly, who ran against Giffords, who used the tagline:

"Get on Target for Victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly."