Sarah Palin's Crosshairs Map Still on Facebook

1/10/2011 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sarah Palin still has not removed the controversial target list map from her Facebook page -- the one that was posted back in March and features crosshairs all over a map ... and the name of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, among others.

Sarah Palin Crosshairs

Palin has been getting flack for the map in the wake of the Giffords shooting over the weekend. A Palin staffer defended the graphic, saying, "We never ever, ever intended it to be gun sights ... It was simply crosshairs like you'd see on maps."

So we ask ...

Crystal

I would think that Sarah Palin would like for Arizona to be as safe a state as possible beings her daughter and grandson will be moving there!

Anon

Ldawg, your ignorance is astounding.

Sarah Palin: ‘Birther’?
Palin says questioning Obama's birth certificate is "fair"—casting new doubts on her judgment and her rumored 2012 presidential run
posted on December 4, 2009, at 9:17 AM

Sarah Palin has apparently joined the ranks of the “birthers.” In an interview with conservative talk radio host Rusty Humphries, Palin said it is "fair game" politically to ask Obama to produce his long-form birth certificate to prove he’s eligible to be president. (Watch Sarah Palin's comments in the video below) Palin later softened the statement on her Facebook page, saying she’s never "suggested that he was not born in the United States." Will the ex-Governor's endorsement of the birthers legitimize their fact-challenged theories, or further erode Palin's credibility?

jode

Crystal, was feeling angry and you made me laugh!

brentwest

Symbols have meaning. If you put a crosshair on a map, it's still a crosshair. Palin did not pull the trigger, nor did she mean to encourage anyone to do so. But even though we can believe her plea of ignorance (no problem there), we can see that introducing a gun culture can induce collateral damage, obviously done by damaged individuals. Political activism takes many forms, but we can't let this become one of them.

Sammie

Stay out of politics, TMZ. What are you guys doing? and the fact is the shooter has nothing to do with Palen or the Tea Party. He is a Communist and a Progressive - hmmm...who else is a Progressive? Hilary Clinton comes to mind. So does Obama. And Pelosi. And about a million other DEMOCRATS.

Ldawg

Face it libs, Barry is a complete failure as pres and you can't stand it. He is will go down in history as worse than Jimmah Carter. The whole world knows and so does little Barry Obama Soetoro.

becky

After due thought on this whole process I actually believe that having "Government Parties" in the United States of America could be considered "Discrimination". Think about it... if we had just people running for government offices "we the people" most people would actually study and vote for a certain person and not vote to be voting for "A Party" (example: I vote Republican only, so actually other people have been discriminated against because of that).

Also, if we do away with "Government Parties" there are no sides to take in Washington... Just ours "The People"... We have to stop the madness of Washington.

Ldawg

So should be not make sure presidential noms are eligibilty for the office as per the constitution. It doesn't matter is Barry was born in the oval office, his father was never a citizen. Barry was born a British subject.

Anon

Crystal I think Arizona is perfect for Sarah Palin and rumors are that she is joining her daughter there. Her attorney, Thomas Van Flein has already moved there as have several other Palin operatives. It is the perfect state for her kind of politics. Let the results speak for themselves.

Did you really think Bristol was moving to Arizona by herself? Please.

jessup

A classmate (Caitie Parker) of the man accused of shooting Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords this morning describes him as “left wing” and a “pot head” in a series of posts on Twitter this afternoon. Sounds like most of the staff at TMZ.
Hey Harvey you Democrats are dangerous.

patty

Why doesn't Palin just disappear. She is just one EVIL PSYCHO!! She will NEVER be President, just plain dumb...

Ldawg

I had to show my son's original long form birth cert. for him to play little league. Barry has only shown a short form without doctors name and with a questionable seal on it. So he couldn't even play little league with what he put on the internet.

jode

Shooter goes to two Walmarts on Saturday morning to buy bullets, Target takes down red bull's eye 'lest they mistakenly get blamed...

Anon

Congratulations Ldawg, you just proved my point. I knew you were a birther. I can smell it. Move to Arizona. You are perfect for them.

Shanan Li

It is a good thing the Left wing-nuts libs never say anything that could be taken for as violent—Yea, RIGHT! Let's not forget that the shooter is described, by those who knew him as a pot-head, left wing nut.

"A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little b*stard. [audio of gun being ****ed]." -- A "humor bit" from the Randi Rhodes Show
"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health" -- New York city councilman Charles Barron
"..And then there's Rumsfeld who said of Iraq 'We have our good days and our bad days.' We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days' and pull the trigger." -- From a fundraising ad put out by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club
"I believe in ecoterrorism." -- James Cameron
"...In an ideal world, American consumers could be convinced to do the right thing through an appeal to logic with public service messages like the 'What Would Jesus Drive?' TV campaign, but the kind of people who would buy a car that increases the risk to other motorists in an accident can't be reasoned with. They're selfish and stupid. It's unfortunate that drivers must worry that their SUVs are being targeted by insulting stickers and Molotov ****tails, but one thing's for sure: It couldn't be happening to a more deserving group of people." -- Ted Rall winks at ecoterrorism
"F*** God D*mned Joe the God D*mned Motherf*cking plumber! I want Motherf*cking Joe the plumber dead." -- Liberal talk show host Charles Karel Bouley on the air.
"Republicans don't believe in the imagination, partly because so few of them have one, but mostly because it gets in the way of their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet. Human beings, who have imaginations, can see a recipe for disaster in the making; Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don't give a hoot about human beings, either can't or won't. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm." -- The Village Voice's Michael Feingold, in a theater review of all places
(Rush Limbaugh)" just wants the country to fail. To me that's treason. He's not saying anything different than what Osama Bin Laden is saying. You might want to look into this, sir, because I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight. ... Rush Limbaugh, I hope the country fails, I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?" -- Wanda Sykes
"You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?" -- Chris Matthews
"I have zero doubt that if **** Cheney was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow....I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact." -- Bill Maher
"If I got (Condi Rice) a— on camera, I would put my Mars Air Jordans so far up her butt that the Mayo Clinic would have to remove them." -- Spike Lee

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand
combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”