Authorities Gunning for Conrad Murray's License

1/11/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ ... the Medical Board of California will immediately ask the judge in Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing to yank his medical license if Murray is ordered to stand trial.

0104_Conrad_Murray_getty_ex_2

Judge Michael Pastor should rule within a week whether there's enough evidence to warrant a manslaughter trial in the death of Michael Jackson.  If the judge orders a trial -- which he's expected to do -- the lawyer for the Medical Board -- who has been sitting in the courtroom -- will ask Judge Pastor to suspend Murray's license on the spot.

This will be the third attempt by the Board to suspend Murray's license.  The first two attempts failed.  Murray is already prohibited from administering "deep anesthetics," including Propofol.

Sources connected with Murray say he is furious that the Board is trying to suspend his ability to practice medicine, which would then make it impossible for him to pay for lawyers to defend him.

If California suspends Murray's license, it's likely the medical boards in Texas and Nevada would follow suit.

UPDATE: Conrad Murray has been ordered to stand to trial.

UPDATE: Conrad Murray's medical license has been suspended.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

Sapphi

Murray claims Jackson administered the last, fatal dose, yet he reports Jackson kept begging for 'milk' for insomnia. If Jackson was that desperate, he could have (according to Murray's claim) administer it himself.

Doesn't add up does it?

Murray broke the moral and ethical rules big time.No matter what pressure he was under, he should have followed the code of practice.

Guess that whopping salary, his debts and lifestyle where what drove this insane and destructive action. In one moment, we reap what has been cultivated, for good or otherwise.

Roseilicious

LOL. Just caught this...

TMZ is not reporting on Jermaine Jackson. The reason why he is not at court he is stuck in West Africa, check out radaronline. He is behind in child support and his passport expired, so he is being held there.

Posted at 9:41 AM on Jan 11, 2011 by Unknown

____________________________________________________________

Translation:

"Africa's holding me" = Deadbeat attempting to hide behind yet another lame excuse for non-payment of child support/arrears.

What.

Now, the U.S. would have to extradite him to prosecute and lock him up for non-payment, right... would they? OR... the Estate would have to make that happen, as they now left with having to use their weight to get Alejandra to vacate Havenherst, as they now have to 'strong arm' her in court due to J Clan FAILURE to resolve this issue...

Remaining J Clan sure isn't short on UBER self-induced/inflicted/horrendous embarrassment/public inflicting of tremendous disgust of themselves, are they...

**snore**

Movin' on...

Brigha from UK

38. brigha i agree that i want him to get a fair trial. everybody deserves that but he can go sel shoes or work at burger king to pay his bills,as far as i am concerned, that license should be taken away....it seems diane dimond has met with them so i am assuming she will be their mouthpiece in the media.
Posted at 8:44 AM on Jan 11, 2011 by nan
----------------------------------------------
Hi nan, I think I may have been misunderstood. I firmly believe that Murray should have lost his licence once it was determined that Propofol killed MJ.
My concern is not really for Murrays rights, but rather for MJs legacy. I simply don't want to give people any excuse to explain Murrays conviction as a legal technicality rather than the henious crime that it was.
It amazes me how many people already hold MJ at least partially responsible for his own death.
I have never understood this. To me, there is a world of difference between the pusher/addict/drug scenario and the doctor/patient/medication situation.

To me, any doctor is totally responsible for ensuring that a patient does not develop a dependency to their medication.

Murray has claimed that he was trying to 'wean' MJ off propofol, yet was also prescribing a ephedrine/caffine stimulant throughout the day. No wonder MJ couldn't sleep.

So far, there has been no evidence presented that MJ was using Propofol immediately before Murray was recruited. So Murray himself must take full and total responsibility for creating that addiction.

It's not rocket science, is it? Murrays job was to supply and administer a ****tail of drugs to ensure that the concerts went ahead. He was never interested in healing this patient. He was prepared to sacrifice Michaels health and his own ethics for money.

Sorry to burst your bubble nan, but I don't think that Murray will ever work in Burger King! Sadly, I think we all have to accept that Murray will do a few months inside, then make a fortune from the media on his release. I expect that parasites such as Dimond and Oprah have already got their contracts signed. Book deals and maybe a movie after that?
Okay, so I'm cynical, but Murray secured his place in history and his future prosperity on the day he killed MJ. The only person who can stop this happening is Joe Jackson with his wrongful death action.
What a terrible world we live in!

Jen O.

Ok. Take his liscnese and let's get over this whole "Omg! Michael Jackson died!" and "He was killed!" thing and move on. He's not the first famous person to die and won't be the last. Yes, it was a shock but it's been almost 3 years now. Move on.

Roseilicious

Here is the post, referring to "Jury Nullification", that I referenced in my previous next to last post on this thread, that I had stated I would re-post in THIS thread for your (for anyone that may be interested, for that matter) reference:

** Post #234, Pg. 16, of "Katherine Jackson's Secret Contract" ***

Herein I have addressed your queries about Conrad Murray. I will make it a point to come back this weekend and address your other questions. I apologize (again!) for the delayed response.

CONRAD MURRAY, M.D.

Q - Why is Conrad Murray charged with Involuntary Manslaughter, and not Murder? Why not charge him with Manslaughter as opposed to Involuntary Manslaughter?

A - In order for the D.A. to charge Conrad Murray with murder they would need to prove malice aforethought. There is no evidence of premeditation and the supporting facts of the case do not meet the threshold for murder. When you pool the evidence, the charge of Involuntary Manslaughter is appropriate. The distinction between Manslaughter (sometimes referred to as Voluntary Manslaughter) and Involuntary Manslaughter is one of intent. Manslaughter means you intended to kill or cause serious bodily harm. (NOTE: This is NOT the same as premeditation or deliberation.) Whereas Involuntary Manslaughter is the act of unlawfully killing another unintentionally.

Q - In your previous post you said:

“In a preliminary hearing the Judge’s calling is to determine if the prosecution has enough evidence of wrongdoing by Conrad Murray to support the charges and warrant a trial. The main issue to be argued at the preliminary hearing will be negligence on the part of Conrad Murray. To my mind and experience there is ONE irrefutable element in this case that guarantees the judge will be compelled to order Conrad Murray to stand trial.”

.... and, "that ONE irrefutable element" might be?

A - First, it is important you understand that a preliminary hearing is not a trial. It is about determining if the the D.A. has gathered the evidence necessary to support the charge(s) they have brought forth. The D.A. needs to show the court they have the evidence to show Conrad Murray’s negligence. (NOTE: “Negligence”, “gross negligence” and “contributory negligence” are terms you will start to hear a lot depending upon which side is crafting the argument.)

The Defense will make every effort to mitigate the evidence presented by the D.A. While the Defense may be successful in explaining away certain elements of the D.A.‘s case, the “one irrefutable element” that cannot be explained away (and substantiates Conrad Murray’s negligence) is the fact that he knowingly administered Propofol to Mr. Jackson outside of a hospital (non-medical) setting without the necessary medical equipment and mechanisms in place to monitor, sustain and resuscitate Mr. Jackson. That fact alone compels Conrad Murray to trial.

Q - WHICH autopsy report is considered "official" - they differ greatly from each other, and am wondering with all due respect if it's merely an oversight or you intentionally do not wish to respond to the direct question of "Which?", and if so ... why?

A - Are you referring to the private Autopsy or the medical testing done on the fluid and tissue samples by the Defense? I have no knowledge of the private Autopsy conducted on Mr. Jackson. It is my understanding (from media reports) that a private Autopsy was conducted, however, I have not seen or read the secondary report. (What are the great differences you refer to?)

As far as the State is concerned the “official” Autopsy - the one they will use to support their case against Conrad Murray - was conducted by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office. (Their case is largely based on the Medical Examiner’s conclusions.) If the Defense wants to introduce contradictory evidence substantiated by the second Autopsy Report or their independent testing of tissue samples at trial, it will come down to a battle of the medical experts.

Q - In your previous post you said: “As for Conrad Murray being found guilty at trial, I am much less confident.” Why?

A - Jury nullification.

Hope you find this helpful. See you over the weekend.

Be well all,

Mjuls, Esq.

Portions of this post have been previously published by me. If you choose to copy all or parts of this post into another forum you must credit “Mjuls” and include the appropriate disclaimer.

**DISCLAIMER: The information expressed is not intended to substitute for professional legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should accept legal advice only from a licensed legal professional with whom you have an attorney-client relationship.

As a matter of record I state I am in no way affiliated with the Estate of Michael Jackson.

Posted at 7:35 PM on Dec 8, 2010 by mjuls

_______________________________________________________

As in the past, you usually came on here even if just to post a 'checking in', to let all know that you had intended to revisit, and post responses to questions asked by your invitation.. and, leave a "been busy, but will return later" note.

I, sincerely, hope all is well as your silence may be indicative that perhaps at your end, all is not? I'll stick with assuming that you've been just as busy as I have and the silence is unintentional. Then again... lawyers... (not intending to be offensive) evasiveness. Is this case "close" to you, on a professional level???

I have, admittedly, not been able to find the time to go through this onslaught of articles and posts that have been piled up (literally, a mountain) to see if maybe you have, and I am unaware -- and, to be honest -- with what I HAVE read, I'm not much interested in dumpster diving to get through it all, and in fact, gives me incentive to not force myself to make the time to visit here much anymore. TMZ has, IMO, a serious lack of moderating issue, to say the least. Too bad.

Bookmarked this thread to at least cut to the chase, in finding if you've had opportunity/interest in responding to my question of your "Jury Nullification" opinion.

** BBL when I can manage it... **

Peace.

en Todo Momento!!

lol. i hardly imagine that dr murray has any patients right now anyways. who cares if they take away his license. i mean who would want his 'propofol special' treatment??!

111pattycakes

JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW: WHEN YOU NEED TO GIVE CPR TO A PATIENT.... YOU DO CALL OUT AND ASK OTHERS: DOES ANYONE KNOW CPR... This way... you would do TWO MAN CPR instead of ONE MAN CPR....But my point is that giving PROPOFOL.... Murray needed to start ACLS (ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT) not CPR (BASIC LIFE SUPPORT)... Certifications needed to give PROPOFOL:
1.) You must be an ANESTHESIOLOGIST, preferably Board Certified
2.) Michael deserved an ANESTHESIOLOGIST, preferably with a sub-specialty certification in PAIN MANAGEMENT.
ACLS CARE:

ORAL AIRWAY
INTUBATION (PUT AN TUBE IN THE PATIENT'S TRACHEA"
AMBU BAG (TO MANUALLY BREATHE FOR THE PATIENT)

MURRAY KILLED MICHAEL JACKSON

nan

hi brita ! good to see you.
i agree, murray will be fine until he f@cks up again and it doesnt have to do with a mega celebrity that important people have a vested interest in..
murray can make all the ridiculous bs accusations against mj he wants. he neglected his duties , he should face the consequences..
now i have to burst your bubble LOL
it doesnt matter if murray is found completely responsible .
michael will still get grief because people have preconceived notions regarding mj from years of slanderous stories with no merit , but plenty of airtime.
he was completely vindicated in 05, and it covered the 93 stuff too. some people just dont want to believe it.
they hang there hat on the settlement in 93 , which some people say he bought his way out of a trial and that isnt true.
he may have been wealthy but there isnt anyone with deeper pockets or more power then a district atty willing to go to any lengths to get a conviction and a ride to the governors mansion.
do people forget back then time magazine darkened up oj simpson mugshot to make him look blacker and in turn more sinister?
a close look at he facts surrounding that would have shown michael was the vista but the everybody loves a big fall.
so i dont think people s minds will change on this matter if they are already closed. murray was a drug dealer with a medical license working for aeg, not michael it seems to me. more power then mj and kenny ortegaput together..
he now says mj threatened not to go to rehearsal the following day.
so what?
what would that possible have to do with his course of treatment ?
he had no regard for his patient what so ever.
dimond and company are going to tv and pin this all on mj as usual, but i dont know how u can ?
if he had a need for it , then mj judgment was clouded .
murray was supposed to be monitoring him he didnt ..
money money money lie for it die for it ...KILL FOR IT
mj wrote that song and it truly is the story of his life

Julie

He could get a job at KFC..... and probably would seeing as how that was Michael's fav FF resturant. That man could get a different job with his credentials--GOOD GRIEF!!! Stop whining, lawyers!

lowens1975

I hate to say it, but they should get his license. Regardless of how or what MJ wanted, Dr. Murray shouldn't have dosed him with Propofol. And lets face it, his CPR sux too.

patty

While Michael Jackson was the great of all great artists? The man definitely had emotional problems..Deep seeded ones!! any parent who drags their children around draped in veils is weird to me..Anyone who has young men in his bed with them and playing games (?) should no better..Especially being a celebrity..

The good doctor's greed for money, lack of professional ethics by loading Michael up with drugs of every kind!! I hope the man does lose his license as if he keep's his license his greed will only find him another celebrity to kill with his illegal drugs..

While Michael's artistic ability will be missed, I would say that Michael Jackson is finally a peace..and I would also hope "ole" Joe Jackson take a walk off a short pier..

TSIG

"Sources connected with Murray say he is furious that the Board is trying to suspend his ability to practice medicine..."

...and the rest of the world is furious that you killed a man, Dr. Conrad Murder.

Roseilicious

Arraignment has been set for Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 @ 8:30 a.m.

Christine777

I wonder why a cardiologist played to the anesthesiologist weird,
he would not has the right to get some Propofol or administrate it.weird,weird...

Joanne

Finally I hope justice will be done for Michael and it's children
Michael is no longer there but there will always be in my heart
I love you Michael