Jared Lee Loughner -- The Mug Shot

1/10/2011 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jared Lee Loughner -- the man accused of shooting 18 people, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords -- made a brief appearance in court today to formally hear the charges against him.

Jared Lee Loughner Mug Shot
A preliminary hearing was set for January 24.

Giffords remains in critical but stable condition.

Menotyou

Satan himself...seriously evil face...sick.

Ryan L. Natschke

It sickens me that this has become so political, and both sides are guilty. Insanity does not have a political affiliation, this guy is a nut and it is time to return to public hangings for things like this.

Chris

"Look ma, I'm on the television!"

jaybird

sent him to Texas we'll take care of him

Ann marie

They should send him to afganistan and stick his ass on the front line,preferably in front of a firing squad!

Julie

I was going to say son of Uncle Fester but someone beat me to it Of course it's not funny but as humans we have to laugh at something to ease the horribleness ( I know, not a word) of it. Yup, your comments made me laugh

zil

Totally nut-balls crazy. Execution is the only answer.

Eastender

Wipe that f'n smirk off his face. Total psychopath!

steve

"ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME"?

jeaster

Damn, he looks crazy...and arrogant.

Keirie420

Sweet JEBUS

carpetMuncher

Everyday people are killed by violence upon one another. I am horribly sorry this happened to these people, but When is America going to wake up and figure out that it is the libral laws that create a breeding ground for violence. We all take the blame for this. Because we don't punish the violent offenders with the severe arm of the law.

steve

T-A-X-I D-R-I-V-E-R

alba

so happy

figure-it-out

BINGO LORRI. If somebody is so F-up that they look at this face and see somebody who is politcally active and thinking politics? Than uhhhhhhhh you might want to find some new friends or just lose your interest in it.

This is pure psychosis. They won't execute this guy. He hasnt uttered a single word other than "Yes" acknowledging he could be put to death or life W/O parole. If it was about politics and a platform dont you think he would be spewing his 'beliefs.'??? HES NOT. HE IS CONTENT NOW. CAUSE HE IS BANANAS AND HE CLEARLY WAS NEVER TREATED FOR HIS SICKNESS. As I mentioned b4. There is a silver lining to everything and hopefully Public Healthcare remains as it is and we can prevent more faces like this on tommorows front page.