Lindsay Lohan's Sober Mentor -- 'Inception' Star

1/10/2011 2:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE 9:37 PT: Tom's publicist just confirmed with TMZ that Tom and Lindsay do indeed know each other, have been friends in recovery and had dinner together. Although Tom is helping her, the publicist says he is not Lindsay's sponsor.

Someone is trying to plant an idea in Lindsay Lohan's head -- about how to stay sober -- and who better to do that than one of the stars of "Inception," Tom Hardy.

0109lindsay_lohan_tom_ford_tmz_getty_ex_2
TMZ has learned LiLo has struck a friendship with Hardy recently after the pair were introduced by mutual friends. We're told they even met for dinner one night last week.

Sources tell us Tom is giving Lindsay advice on how to stay sober and Lindsay is seriously listening to him. Hardy famously battled addiction early on in his career and has been sober since 2003.

No word on if a totem is involved.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Linda

She cant even go out to dinner and TMZ is reporting what she is doing everyday. I would think this kind of coverage could be a security problem.

Jay

Ok TMZ what is up with all of your Lindsay Lohan post. You keep posting and posting on her and since Lindsay really has nothing career wise worthy to report on all your post are becoming more and more pointless and needless each time. Whats the next story going to be "Lindsay Lohan Poops For The First Time Since Getting Out Of Rehab"?

I wonder if all these LOhan post has to do with TMZ trying to get on the goodside of the Lohan's since buying the cofidential papers from the BF clinic. Funny how the BF clinic so quickly changed her tune about LL attacking her and now TMZ is posting up to 3 pointless stories of Lindsay a day.

Nikki

Jay I couldnt agree with you more. Just the other day I said TMZ kissing the Lying Lohans asses due to Dawn Hollland.

All these storys are complete LIES! Dont you think the paps would have pictures of these two out to dinner???? They have her out with Samantha

Anyone who believes all thes LIES is a complete IDIOT!

Lying Lohans are just trying to get you to forget about the Betty Ford issue

Judge Fox got his report on Friday, now lets just see how that works out for her. She violated probation, and she needs to pay the price

Also didnt TMZ report that she was only coloring her hair in the bathroom at the motel,which was onnly a few weeks ago. Lying Lindsay went to a "Salon" to get her hair colored just the other day.

So if you are dumb enough to believe ANY lie the Lying Lohans are putting out there, than I feel sorry for you!

Just like her PR team putting all these comments on here. LMFAO!

Oh no!

I give Lindsay 3 weeks before she parks her car in someone's rose bushes. I love her though. She was pretty cool in Machete and that body of hers....yum yum yum!!!

Nic

okay... #1, Tom Hardy is the best and sexiest blond man in Hollywood since Brad Pitt, btw he has angelina lips.

and his alleged bisexuality that's what makes him even hotter, the same thing that is exciting about angelina jolie. It's a plus for his career if it's true, the problem with lindsay that more than a half of people who lives in LA says she's a bitch and *******. Lindsay needs to stay away from his media whore family and focus on her career,. Remember Janet Jackson did the same, and nobody links her to crazy "whacksons". C'mon, Lindsay, pay attention... and don't waste your chance if he wants to bone you, like Gerry Buttler.

What's up with the water that she drinks? what's her secret?

Jim

GOOD FOR YOU, Lindsay! And thank you to Tom Hardy for helping her. I wish you BOTH well, and hope that something more than sobriety will bring you and keep you together! You make a wonderful couple!

BEST OF THE BEST TO YOU BOTH!

Bearcat34

She's not sober. She's supposively been dry for 3 months. I don't believe that either, however if she has been great. Dry/clean, is NOT SOBER. I can guarantee in the weeks up to her release that her counselors advised against everything that she's doing now if she wanted to be sober. But as always, Lindsay is right. It's her way or no way. She's right! WRONG!!!! There is a reason people are successful in maintaining sobriety. When they tell her, it's in one ear and out the other. Anybody that has been thru a treatment facility/had a loved one/friend/etc.etc. can tell you she has zero chance of maintaining her so-called sobriety w/ the way she's going. Either that or it just proves she is still in denial about having a problem, or just hasn't hit bottom yet. A good MOTHER/FATHER would get her out of the spotlight and have her lay low around family that cares. Obviously they don't, or she's too stubborn. Either way she's got zero chance. If you have to have someone with you 24/7 to stay sober, you are nothing more than trying to do it for show. If she needs someone that bad, move in to a halfway house, or transitional home. This is nothing more than another on the Lohan payroll to allow her to do as she pleases with the looks of a positive attempt at recovery.

Bonnie

I am sick to death of her. Please stop the comments on her. Get a life TMZ.

Sheriff Rusty

Lindsay : Tom how can I stay sober?
Tom: You can start by sucking on this!

Sean

She is really going to pull through this time, I know it!! xx

Brenda

I hope she makes it to court clean. Smiles, complies, does whatever the ******* judges, lawyers, cops etc. say to do, then gets rip-roaring drunk, f-ed up on what ever drug she likes and continues to be Lindsey Lohan. She will be so boring and blah if she actually stays clean...

odie

@#35,#41-I agree with you both. Crackie is being portrayed on TMZ as some Pollyanna in numerous countless posts ever since the HIPAA snafu. Bet they are also paying her/family for all the "sources close to" non news stories. As #41 said, there is no way in hell that BF would ever counsel Crackie to move in next door to her ex, regardless if Sam is sober or not. It appears Crackie is stalking her in an attempt of resuming the relationship under the guise of her new found "sobriety/clarity." When things don't go Crackie's way-she will return to her old crutch of drugs. I just don't see this turning out well. She's only been sober now from Dec 13(day after the Holland incident) and still needs a structured living environment. Her management team needs to have someone babysit her 24/7 until at least Feb 25th. They failed to do so after her discharge from UCLA and look what happened. If she's not serious about her sobriety at least she needs to have someone watch her until she's off of formal probation.

Morgan

I'm sick of this no talent ugly hack. She always gets her name hooked to hot actors. I don't get the fascination. It still makes me sick to think she was hooking up with Heath Ledger before he died UGH.

Susy

TMZ, ISN'T IT ENOUGH ABOUT LINDSAY?????????? EVEN ONE ARTICLE IS WAY TOO MUCH!
GOSH, TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO THIS PATHETIC, LAW IGNORING, CHEAP PROSTITUTE/ALCOHOLIC!!!!!!! SHE IS NOT EVEN TALENTED, NOT EVEN BIG STAR! ENOUGH! LIKE THERE IS NO ONE ELSE MORE WORTHY PEOPLE IN HE USA TO TALK ABOUT.
SUH!

Bearcat34

I'm no Saint. Been thru treatment 3 times. 3rd time was a charm, but there is NO guarantees. I actually tried. Her attempts seem extremely weak, or lack their of. 5 treatments, and the same behavior that didn't work previously just shows lack of commitment, or zero attempt of rehabilitation. I don't blame anyone for my problems in the past other than myself. For years, it was everyone's fault but myself. I was wrong, but self-humility goes further than anything. Nobody is willing to knock Lindsay off of her self-serving pedistal. So until the Judge/family/attorney's/own ego does it, she has not a shot. While I find her ego unbearable, and her self indulgences, and self entitlement disgusting, her parents don't help. A druggie/alchoholic can always find blame, but ultimately it's the individual's choice to get help or deny it. She's denied/lied/cheated/ and acted more immature than any addict/alc. that I ever met in treatment. She may just need to fall flat again before NICOLE/ERNIE/DELMAR/SITTINGBULL/DINA/MICHAEL and PR people realize that she's a runaway train because of people like them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments