Dr. Conrad Murray

Ordered to Stand Trial

1/11/2011 8:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray was just ordered to stand trial in the death of Michael Jackson.

Conrad Murray Trial

Judge Michael Pastor ruled there is sufficient evidence to warrant a manslaughter trial.

In his closing statement, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told the judge, "It was not Michael Jackson's time to go.  Michael Jackson is not here today because of the negligence and reckless acts of Dr. Murray."

Walgren said Murray cared more about covering up evidence than helping MJ.

Judge Pastor's ruling follows a 6-day preliminary hearing in which more than 20 witnesses were called.

If convicted Murray faces a maximum of 4 years in prison.

UPDATE:  Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, tells TMZ, "We are disappointed but not surprised.  We knew we would be in trial and that's where we're going to end up."

Sharlene Lloyd

I think Micheal Jackson was a drug addict and a child molester and deserves to rot in hell. The fine doctor deserves a cookie not a second of jail time. And all you kooks out there who think MJ is some kind of hero..... you guys deserve a doc like Dr. Murray.

Susie

I have to agree with #13 He did it to himself...

Angelica

watch
The Conrad Murray Case - Part 1 http://t.co/wCjCiK9 via @youtube

Cheryl

Its about time Murray's license was suspended.

Now lets get this trial started. Murray should be tried for homocide, not manslaughter.

Barb

I'm pleased about the outcome!! I was feeling confident the judge would realize after witness testimony that it was necessary for Murray to stand trial!! It doesn't take a genius to know Murray was grossly negligent in his care of Michael Jackson! I don't believe he intentionally killed Michael but he sure as heck didn't demonstrate the professionalism of a good and caring doctor!! He could never be my doctor!! As far as I'm concerned he deserves to lose his license to practice anywhere and 4 years is not enough for being the cause of someone losing their life!!!!

urmyjoy

Hang on MJ fans! Hang on! Thanks Harvey. All for LOVE of MJ!!!!!!

mymjj5

Well, I am new to TMZ, so I haven't heard your diatribes on race, but, the point is, he paid off women to have his kids. And, then, the drug addict OD'd with 3 kids without mothers. Can't dispute the facts. All your Oh Lawd's in the world won't change the facts. The guy was fatally flawed. Anyone close to him knows that. They all tried to intervene but he had such a God complex that he couldn't accept criticism or intervention even from his loved ones. Obviously, he loved his kids soo much that he spent his days drugged up. Good dad.
Posted at 6:53 PM on Jan 11, 2011 by LJ
______________________________________________________________
@LJ
You sound like a new internal. Of course MJ was flawed just like everyone else on earth including you and me (yet I have flawless skin...) Anyhoo, there are over a half million children in foster care whose parents have failed them miserably. The american tax payer has to take care of them while they screw up their lives.
You can judge MJ if you want too. I love him flaws and all. I respect the choices he made for his life and those of his children. MJ had several medical diagnosis and he was under the care of one or more doctors at all times.
What else you got?

kim

After reading the testimony from this hearing, I am glad to hear the judge held this over for trial. Some of that testimony was just sickening to hear. Literally broke my heart on some of it. Michael did not have to die. Murray could have did his job. But he was reckless and negligent and a human being lost their life due to it. Whether you love Michael or hate him, the result is the same. He was a human being.

rip mj

mymjj5

several guys have admitted giving sperm. LOL...if that isn't a purchase, I don't know what is
____________________________________________________________
@LJ
Oh yeah, you are brand new! Of all those guys who claimed they donated sperm while MJ was alive, not one of them wants to donate a damn thing now that he's dead. They're all liars. Not one of those liars petitioned the court for a DNA test to prove that they are the father of MJ's children. They just sold lies of paternity to the media and filed online claims with the tabloids.
Michael Jackson was the biological and legal father of all three of his children. Nothing on earth can or will ever change this fact. Nothing and no one..........EVER!!!

(my oh my, this is my 3rd recycled response of the night)

annie

(my oh my, this is my 3rd recycled response of the night)

Posted by idiot mymjj5
------------------------------------------------------------------

My Gd you are stupid. Perhaps you are one of these people who will kill themselves when the truth comes out about MJ.

Fact. They are not his kids. He paid for them. Face it loser.

Roseilicious

"We are disappointed but not surprised. We knew we would be in trial and that's where we're going to end up."

________________________________________________________

Translation: "Plead not guilty, and couldn't care less he's guilty and that we're legal idiots, cuz the $$$'s just TOOO damn good to pass up." Win, or lose.. they win. Laugh like hyena's all the way to the bank.

** shrug **

Lawyers.

So what's new...

Sincerity

It's about time! At least all the relevant questions will be settled regarding the events surrounding Michael Jackson's death. Although Michael Jackson had his personal demons, it was up to Dr. Murray as his personal physician to protect his patient by not placing his well being in harms way. Dr. Murray must have been extremely desperate in order to have taken such a risk with a well known, high profile celebrity of Michael's caliber. I really wouldn't want his death on my conscience. Four years in prison is nothing!!!

Master Po

mymjj5 debbie Rowe said they never had sex. So there goes your kooky theory, but facts dont stop you MJ fans.

LJ

Haha, mymjj5, that explains why prince looks JUST LIKE Arnie! LOL!!! Foster care??? wth does that have to do with ANYTHING!! If MJ was such a great guy, maybe he should have adopted a kid out of foster care. Maybe that would have been better than playing God? Of course, the courts probably would not have allowed him to adopt after all the child mollestation inquiries.

Oh, and just a little news flash for you...MJ was originally BLACK! His kids are not. Not even a little bit. Sooo...you can sit inside the little MJ shrine you built and work to convince yourself that these are his biological children but, truly, they were bioengineered children. The fact that there has never been some level of prosecution for what feels like child trafficking by the guy is AMAZING to me. But, guess money can buy anything, right? Including a guy to shoot you up with drugs every night.