Seymour's Son Defends Strange Beach Photos

1/12/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stephanie Seymour and her 17-year-old son Peter took some online heat after a couple of weirdly affectionate photos of them in St. Bart's surfaced last week -- but now Peter says it's A-O.K. because he's gay.

0921-media-removed-britney
In a message posted on his Facebook (via Gawker), Peter Brant II writes "I would just like to say that these pictures have been taken completely out of context ... she often hugs and kisses me and my siblings in an manner that is intimate, any mother in the world does the same. That day on the beach we walked around with each other completely aware of the presence of photographers there."

Brant continues, "We have nothing to hide and with that in mind I would like to say that I am openly gay.  At my age my mother and I are almost like friends and I feel open to talk to her about anything (and yes our relationship may be different because of my sexuality)."

That being said ...

Blarg

I think these photos are taken out of context. I think the gay excuse is lame, but he did his best to offer up an additional reason for an awkward embrace. I can only hope my son will be this affectionate with me when he is 17. Affection builds a child's self-esteem and confidence and they are more likely to be high functioning adults.

Cravin Morehead

He looks more "bi" than gay!

automanager26

He doesn't look gay to me.

Pyrrho

Gay or not, that's still your freaking MOM dude. Not a good look.

Pyrrho

Also, imagine if this was a father and his daughter.

awards

Most men given the choice, would happily sing show tunes to spend nine months in her gorgeous snaatch, eh?

Robnhud

I think everyone's missing the bigger story here though... THAT'S Stephanie Seymour now???!?!?!? She's STILL smokin hot!!! I thought she peaked when she did Sinbad all those years ago!

You people all must have been molested by your parents since you take an innocent side kiss and hug and turn it into something sexual. Thankfully my children are all adults and love me enough to hug and kiss me in public and nope, nothing sexual ever happened.

secondman

"I'dtagthat" is right....we are freaks. I'm white and I know exactly what he is saying. However, other than the poop and pee things I am proud of it!!

abby

Gay or not, he looks like a muffer to me!

Brad

Creepiest photo I have ever seen. He has his hand on her breast.
I don't know of any young man that would be hanging all over his mom like that when she is wearing a bikini.

Ginger

I have two sons and love them dearly. I always, always kiss and hug baby boy when he leaves. Never, ever have I seen a grope like this between mother and son. Maybe it was just a screw up since it appears they are walking but if that's what it is, say so. Sons, gay or not, don't grope Mom's boobies.

It is no wonder that americans bottle feed! They breast is sexualized even if for feeding an infant. Dumb Americans!!!

secondman

It's not inappropriate because his mom is gorgeous....duh!

Jill Conway

I have a son, now 37 yrs old. I consider myself a VERY affectionate Mom. He and I have NEVER embraced like that. I also do not think "intimate" is a word that should describe a mother-son relationship. However, my son is straight. Maybe that's the difference??