Seymour's Son Defends Strange Beach Photos

1/12/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stephanie Seymour and her 17-year-old son Peter took some online heat after a couple of weirdly affectionate photos of them in St. Bart's surfaced last week -- but now Peter says it's A-O.K. because he's gay.

0921-media-removed-britney
In a message posted on his Facebook (via Gawker), Peter Brant II writes "I would just like to say that these pictures have been taken completely out of context ... she often hugs and kisses me and my siblings in an manner that is intimate, any mother in the world does the same. That day on the beach we walked around with each other completely aware of the presence of photographers there."

Brant continues, "We have nothing to hide and with that in mind I would like to say that I am openly gay.  At my age my mother and I are almost like friends and I feel open to talk to her about anything (and yes our relationship may be different because of my sexuality)."

That being said ...

Flyboy

Superhuman is probably straight because everyone of his/her same-sex decided he/she was way too ugly to be with, and he/she had to settle. Because we also know people become straight due to religion, molestation, or just being undesirable. Right, Superhuman?

Thomas

His fingers are on his mother's breast. NOT normal.

Alexsandra Nouri

I see nothing wrong with the pic ....I walk around with my 15 yr old holding hands and people look at us weird so what people talk anyway sick perverts... I don`t think he had to give no FN explanations to no one
rather he`s gay or not is none of no ones FN bussiness they were just have a mom and son moment and that isn`t a crime!
Hun enjoy your life how ever you want to live it.... and enjoy your mom just as you show it in this pic.....<3

MissAnn

The embrace is sexual. A man doesn't hold his mother's arm and grab her boob while kissing her and a mother doesn't hold onto her son's stomach pulling him closer while embracing him. I know plenty of gay men that still have sex with women on occasion for the hell of it so being gay is a lame excuse.

en Todo Momento!!

for goodness sake, he's 17. how on earth does he know he's gay???! people are just sooooooh wise beyond their years these days!! it's a pain in the ass.

judi

They are making too much out of a picture of a mother and child in an Innocent embarrass. geezzz get a life guys

Flyboy

En Todo Momento=At 17, I knew I liked girls. So at 17, why wouldn't he know he likes guys? Gay people develop the same way straight people develop. When you begin having crushes on the opposite sex at 12, the gays have crushes on the same-sex.

Don't get mad because YOU'RE ignorant.

Baylee13

The only thing inappropriate is that this family has to explain anything.

Tara

I see how this picture could be taken out of context. It was probably a very quick smooch with misplacement of hands that probably last for about 2 seconds. I have no problems with his sexuality but maybe her smothering him with this type of intimacy could have turned him off to women. This may have possibly contributed to his homosexuality.

Flyboy

Tara, are men straight because they hate their fathers?

rachel

Seriously, anyone who thinks that a son groping his mom's boob is "sweet" and wish their sons would do that has some issues and need a therapist. I understand a close relationship between parent and child, but there are some boundaries, and this is crossing it. It would be perfectly ok if he wasn't grabbing his boob. Seriously Creepers!!! Maybe you all just want your sons to stay little boys, but they're not. They're adult men!!! And adult men have sex!

rachel

I agree that it is perfectly ok for a mother to show affection for her son in public at any age, but he's grabbing her boob for Christ's sake! That would definitely land him in a role as Oedipus Rex!!!

lovecoco

I think it's Sweet. They love each other like a mother and child, should. It's called showing affection and it's sad that people have to blow it up. You can tell she's a great mom and the way they are holding each other shows how much love is there. People are sick for thinking it's not right. Obviously, it's people that have never had affection.

alfie

The only reason this picture is catching attention is because his mother is sooo f*cken hoooottt!!! It's not awkward to hug n kiss your mama. At least not in my family:)

Marcela

There is nothing wrong with those pictures, he is just hugging her and kissing like mother and son. People like to see bad things anywhere, dirty minds...