Controversy Rages Over New 'Elvis' Recordings

1/13/2011 4:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a 30-second clip from what could be a historic recording of Elvis & Jerry Lee Lewis back in 1960 -- their only duet in existence -- but there's a problem ... some people claim it ain't legit.

The clip allegedly features Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis shooting the breeze at Jerry's house -- and based on the audio, Jerry's a big fan of the King.

A guy named Rod Lambert from Nashville tells TMZ, he bought the tape over ten years ago at a yard sale ... and only recently discovered that he could have a piece of rock and roll history on his hands.

An audio forensics expert verified that the voices on the tape were indeed Elvis and Lewis ... but Lambert -- who posted more of the clip on his website -- tells us, the company in charge of Elvis' catalog denied it was really the rock legend.

Lambert claims the full 30-minute version of the tape contains some pretty explicit dialogue -- and although Elvis doesn't say much ... according to Lambert, Lewis wasn't so cautious, saying things like, “If you don’t like Jerry’s peaches, then get your f**kin’ ass away from my tree."

Check out the clip for yourselves and decide.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I dont even have speakers and I know it is him..I saw him on the moon last night and when I put on my tin foil hat he told me the tapes were real

Peg

ok one people...I LOVE MJ but he was the KING OF POP...ELVIS was the KING OF ROCK N ROLL. Just how it is. Born and raised in Memphis, saw Elvis couple of times in concert. My opinion its him for sure. But really all you ELVIS bashers saying MJ is the King...it was two different errors, two different genres. They are both KINGS in my book.

HarlotO'Hara

the only king mj came close to being was the king of idiots.

Patty

At least you changed the pic from comedian Jerry Lewis to the actual Jerry Lee Lewis. Epic Fail!

Natalie

1.... Elvis is the king of Rocl and roll
2.....michael was the king of POP...
3. And ANYONE who things michael Jackson was gorgeous needs to get there eyes checked( he was good looking B4 surgery
4. This to ME doesent sound like elvis at all... IF it is its got to be around the time of this death in the 1960...s elvis did not sound like this

JUST SAYIN!!!!!!!

nancy

if this was elvis, which does not sound like him and i've been listening to his interviews MANY TIMES OVER for 20years, this would have been around 1976 or 1977 - now way is this elvis in 1960...... ...the only thing that makes this legit is, that someone faking it would have been plain stupid to pick 1960...... as the year ...so that's the only mystery to me at this point.

nancy

ok, so i listened to that one take they posted on the website, this is a different thing now ...the one that tmz posted is NOT THE SAME SPEED and therefore sounded like if at all an older elvis. - the one on the website could be elvis, yes ...

dannyo152

Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis dueted on the Sun recording "Million Dollar Quartet." The other two members were Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash. It was all ad hoc, but man oh man, them boys were tearing it up on some great gospel songs.

Amy

Your mobile site shows a picture of Jerry Lewis, not Jerry Lee Lewis. Classy.

JosephG

WHO FU CKING CARES HIJOS DE PUCTA MAMA VERGAS WHO F U C K I N G C A R E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

They both sound high as a kite

Joey

Come on guys, not only is that not Elvis, that is definitely not Jerry Lee Lewis!! It sounds NOTHING like him! This supposed "Jerry Lee" sounds like he's from New York or something! Go watch a couple old videos of Jerry Lee Lewis from the 50's and 60's and you tell me if it's the same voice. Don't think so.

kathy

michael jackson was the creepiest of pedifiles!!!Just abhorant to children...elvis was the greatest of all time!!!... michael wanted to look like liz taylor or dianna ross...creepy, creepy, creepy

kathy

Jerry lee who???...is he the one who married his 13 year old second cousin way back when and it ruined his career??? is he that was competing against Elvis!!!!?? YUCK

Roger

Jerry Lee's double cousin is like a father to me & I've been around the Lewis & Gilley family for years. I can't speak for Elvis' voice on this tape, but I can confirm to you that this is not Jerry Lee's voice! It's not even a close match! Someone got ripped off!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments