« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lawrence Taylor Strikes Plea Deal in Rape Case

1/13/2011 5:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lawrence Taylor just pled guilty to two misdemeanor charges as part of one helluva plea deal in his statutory rape case -- and will get off with no jail time but will have to register as a sex offender.

Lawrence Taylor Plea
The NFL Hall of Famer was in court in Rockland County, NY ... and pled guilty to one count of patronizing a prostitute and one count of sexual misconduct -- all stemming from his arrest last May for having sex with a 16-year-old girl.

Taylor was originally charged with a felony ... and could have gotten 4 years in prison. Instead he'll get probation -- but as part of the plea deal he has to register as a sex offender.

0113_taylor_lawyer_small_launchTaylor has homes in Florida and New Jersey.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Chia

This is just wrong on every level.

Tammy

Tammy, "statutory" means it is against the law because the girl is underage, it doesn't matter if she consents to it or not.

Posted at 12:47 PM on Jan 13, 2011 by brian

I know what statutory means and I don't have a problem with the word. I have an issue with the word "rape" because it implies force or against will and there was nothing like that here.

MidoriMe

Rape- 15 years in prison
Aggravated Murder- Anywhere from 15 to life
Kidnapping- 10 Years in prison
etc, etc, etc...

If you're rich- probation.

Nikkcolle

Just Ewwww

northern gypsy

come on...what 16 year old in their right mind would get down with this grown man ???
ok...he paid her...so what ??? it only show how rough her life must be...
right on...put this freak on the sex offender list !!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

LT is a good man and for once the system worked..no jail time for LT is the right ending to this story..to bad he has to registar as a sex offender though..thats rather harsh

Christi

If this was any NON-famous person they would throw the book at them. It sickens me that if you have money, you can get away with whatever you want to. Our justice system really sucks!!! Lawrence Taylor is a child molester. It doesn't matter if she was a prostitute, she was still 16. He should've known better. I sure hope he doesnt have a daughter that age. If he does, I would wonder if he was picturing his daughter when he was having sex with this child. You are one sick man and you should be in prison so you can get the special kind of "justice" that only child molesters and rapists get.

either or

This is just not right. If he were white he'd be sitting in jail.

Sharon

I am happy for him. This was a prostitute. What about all the young boys raped by priest only 1 I know of is in jail.

MidoriMe

Sharon, you're a bitch.

sapphire

wow what an idiot his lawyer is. Registering as a sex offender is a life sentence. With the money he has he should gotten a real defense attorney .

who dat

When he originally called the pimp he probably asked for a young
(underage) girl. Nobody with money ever goes to jail unless they are stupid....like Snipes.

Ron

If you ask me, this is a harsh punishment, why should he go to jail for hiring a prostitute? whats he supposed to check her ID? get real people all you know how to do is criticize others... its not like he kidnapped a 9 yr old, these statutory laws are ridiculous. LT is obviously not the guy thats gunna swipe ur child after school... and THOSE are the types of people these sex offender lists were really made to monitor, now these lists are worthless jokes that fuel political campaigns and give overprotective parents with too much time on their hands something to do

Tammy

Posted at 3:12 PM on Jan 13, 2011 by sapphire

I agree. I would have advised him to fight the case. I don't even know if he knew her age. I'd also be interesred in how long she's been a prostitute, how many adult males she's serviced, has she put charges on any of these other non-famous men and a host of other things. This is a winnable case, so this is complete BS!!

cf

@tammy i did not volintary open my leqs i was not a runnaway an i wasnt a prostitute read more about it an qet facts befor you open your mouff i dnt think his punishment is fare he scared me for life it sucks i cant even have sex with my boyfriend cuz i qet flash backs from may 6 an theres muchh more yous only read his side an not mine but like i said his punishment is not fare

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments