Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

Upgraded to Serious Condition

1/16/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has been upgraded from critical to serious condition.

0108-gabrielle-giffords-ap-bn-credit
Giffords' breathing tube was removed yesterday. She also has movement on both sides of her body.

Capt. Mark Kelly, Giffords' husband, is scheduled to do his first TV interview this week with ABC's Diane Sawyer.

Toddy

I live miles out from the "Law" Who will protect me from Club Bearing Hoodlums????? I will with my 38 Special, or my 40 Springfield, my Winchester Patent Date 1909 Shotgun, Or my new JB .223 semi Auto !!!! You Anti Gun Folks need to move to England !!!!!!! They are as rightous and Stupid as you are!!!!! Oh my brother died falling into a abandoned mineshaft. I bet you think we should of sued the last known property owner or better yet , I wish they would outlaw abandoned mines!!!!! You people can leave this country tomorrow and not be missed.....Ta Ta

TMZ@Froggy.biz

"Japan is filled with Japanese people too. Ship all our angry ghetto people to Japan and their murder rate will skyrocket too."

~ Cartman

I bet if we did as you suggest, the murder rate in Japan will NOT go up at all. That's the point.

Toddy

Are you really that Stupid ?????? Before Guns where people Killed?????

TMZ@Froggy.biz

Toddy:

The chance of you getting to protect yourself from someone is close to zero. The killer needs only 1/2 a second and he has the element of surprise. He's likely want to kill you for your nice gun collection in your house.

Because of this gun collection, this is more likely: You come home to find your wife in bed with another man. You lose it doe just one minute and kills them both. Then you realize you made a very stupid error and put the gun in the own mouth and pull the trigger. You're only human. Even your hero Charlton Heston might commit murder/suicide under this quite common situation.

Guns are a plague on any civilized society.

Areader

Praise Jesus! I pray for a complete full recovery for Gabby in Jesus name!

Toddy

So TMZ is comenting on our comments??? So Are you owned by FOX ???? Your statement is based on surprise and a wonderful quote. But it takes more than hal a second for you to break into my house... And maybe your wife would cheat on you , but mine would not and If she did . I would shake his hand and help her pack.. Please send me a Letter from the Far left or the UK whereever you end up!!!!! Loser!!!!!

TMZ@Froggy.biz

The numbers don't lie. Over 30,000 people die from guns every year in the US vs. about 90 in Japan.

That's ten 9/11's being prevented every single year. There is no downside in banning guns. They don't protect you.

sem

Post #8 TMZ@Froggy.biz wrote:

"One can hardly compare the 1st and 2nd Amendments. The later kills over 30,000 people a year. Other countries simply do not have this problem. It is a form of Holocaust."

With a quick search I found that in 2003, 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents in the USA. Should we start with banning automobiles then tackle the guns?

Toddy

You have lost me as a READER!!!!!!!! YOU guys SUCK!!!!!!!

Toddy

You are the one that suggested that guns are evil....... Auto accidents kill more people than guns.... So what do you think????

TMZ@Froggy.biz

Sem:

Banning guns have no social cost. Many countries banned guns and are doing fine. Guns are a silly and stupid hobby that dosenot protect you. It's not worth 30,000 lives.

I wouldn't take away the cars. I wouldn't even lower the speed limit. But I would put people in jail for over 25 years if they kill someone with a car drunk.

saving 30,000 people is better than nothing. Thta's a whole town every year. It's the American Holocaust.

sem

TMZ@foggybiz, you've barfed out that 30,000 people killed by guns stat about a dozen times on this board. According to the Center for Disease Control, this is the current list of causes of death in the USA.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
•Heart disease: 616,067
•Cancer: 562,875
•Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 135,952
•Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 127,924
•Accidents (unintentional injuries): 123,706
•Alzheimer's disease: 74,632
•Diabetes: 71,382
•Influenza and Pneumonia: 52,717
•Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 46,448
•Septicemia: 34,828

By the way, of the total number people a year killed by guns, 40% are homocide and 56% are suicide.

TMZ@Froggy.biz

Sem:

Folowing your silly logic, because people die, we should not stop preventable deaths even when we can.

Having a gun in your house is a self-indulgent luxury that society cannot afford.

A gun makes both muder and suicide too easy. Again, if that madman in Arizona only had a knife, I bet 6 people wouldn't be dead.

Go tell the victims' family your death stats.

Toddy

Thank You for Clarifying!!! He needs to be FIRED!!!!

Toddy

What is your Bosses conact Numbers????? I would love to talk to them . You are a IDIOT!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments