MJ Soundalike -- I Sang Songs on New 'Michael' Album

1/16/2011 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A guy who once fooled the public into thinking a song of his was really sung by Michael Jackson is claiming he sang a few of the songs on the new "Michael" album  ... and not MJ.

0116_jason_malachi_2_ex

Back in 2007, a song called "Mamacita" made the rounds ... with people thinking it was a new MJ track. Turned out it was done by a guy named Jason Malachi, who sounded just like the King of Pop.

Today, Malachi took to his Facebook page and made this claim:

"Sheesh guys, I guess it's time to confess. I've lied to many people, including someone today, but.... It was me. It was me who sang Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, Monster and Stay.

"I had a agreement with the record company, but now the cat is out of the bag. Sorry to all my fans, and fellow Michael Jackson fans."

Check out Jason's most recent work below ... gotta admit, kinda MJ-esque.

Calls to Sony have not yet been returned.

Anthony Harris

if you thought that this guy sound s like MJ you are an idiot and not a real fan this guy is good but if you listen to mj then you can tell that this guy and him don't sound alike

d

He sounds more like Chris Brown, dodo brown.

Bárbara Martini

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP?????????????

Thomas

Anyone who is a true MJ fan can listen to the vibrato in Monster, KYHU, HT, BN. It sounds like 'MJ' is yodeling in those tracks. I'm not surprised by this confession. Malachi is most likely going to get the **** sued out of him and if this news if true then there are a lot of people looking stupid right now like 50 Cent and I'm sure Akon and Kravtiz are pissed their songs have been put on a suspicious and non MJ album

Missy

Geez harvey weren't you one of the people swearing it WAS MJ on the tracks?! And that MJs own kids,and family were saying it wasn't him? Harvey get it threw that little head of yours...not all the Jacksons are money hungry people! Just maybe they DO know what they are talking about!

Trish

Doesnt sound like MJ. I listened his song and listened to MJ's song. Both are just high pitched but the voice is different. =) This boy is clearly wanting to be famous using MJ's name. Shame.

telli9t

Please rabids....
don't be cut and pasting links of Breaking News, Stay, Monster, Keep Your Head Up.....
it's not even your "KING OF ALL MUSIC" singing them.

ROFLMAO...........

come on....
give us more true dirt on Michael Jackson.

Leepin Lizards

Why do people practice singing like someone else? What's the point, unless you're going to dress up in their clothes and be in a celebrity-look-alike review for the rest of your career.

Try being original.

Kapital

CHECK THIS AUDIO COMPARISON AND YOU WILL SEE THAT JASON MALACHI IS SUNG ON THE ALBUM:

carlitos

does sound like him...and with studio editing...yah maybe

iFart

Tell the hardcore fans something they didn't already know TMZ!! Jason Malachi's vibrato is exactly the same as the one you can hear in those songs...MJ never sang like that. Nothing will convince me that's MJ's voice on those songs...unless I see video of him singing them with my own eyes I won't believe it. I'm sure the next thing we'll hear is that Malachi's facebook page was hacked and he didn't write that. Sony will cover their tracks as usual.

Love and miss you forever MJ.

Silvercircle

NEVER EVER
Who should believe this dung. Dream wide Jason Malachi.
HAHAHAHA These are Michael's songs and his voice.

kim

Hello Daphne.

Waves to Daphne.

JustMe

There were certainly songs on the new album that didn't sound like Michael Jackson... Breaking News being one of them. Why would Michael Jackson sing about himself in third person? The voice is pretty thin and sounds like it's been manipulated, which I don't recall on prior releases. Also the production isn't reminiscent of what he would do.