Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban -- New Parents!

1/17/2011 9:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have a new baby, courtesy of a surrogate ... TMZ has learned.

Nicole Kidman Baby

Sources tell us ... the baby was born at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville on December 28, 2010. Her name is Faith.

Kidman and Urban are Faith's biological parents.

We're told Nicole and Keith went into the hospital on the down low last week, visiting Faith and the surrogate during her stay.   They entered the hospital through the back, took the service elevator to the top floor, which they rented exclusively for themselves.

We're told the baby is home.

Yes, Nicole and Keith were both at the Golden Globes last night.

UPDATE: Keith and Nicole just released a statement to TMZ saying, "Our family is truly blessed, and just so thankful, to have been given the gift of baby Faith Margaret. No words can adequately convey the incredible gratitude that we feel for everyone who was so supportive throughout this process, in particular our gestational carrier."

1110_whos_your_daddy_footer

MP

What a sweet name. I'm surprised they were able to keep it a secret for so long. Best wishes to them!

Jay

Geez, the people on this TMZ site are rude stupid idiots by the comments on here. My first venture on this site and it will be my last. You all prove what sick, pathetic, cruel idiots most people are. Glad their baby is healthy and congratulations to them!

TMZFail

@ Jay, mission complete.

Baylee13

Perhaps she could not get pregnant again. No it could not possibly be that.

TMZFail

@ Baylee13 this is true, can't rule it out. For now I'm sure thats the case, but I do like my conclusion the most.

Sounds to me that the 2 are brother and sister and don't want the media to find out.

@14 Diane, I agree she is an uppity bitch but it's to late for the stretch marks...

I can see the saturated fat seeping out of those milky crustaceans embedded deep into the cavernous stretch marks on her belly. Seems to me someone was having trouble identifying her true "hole"

pl

wow people...jealous much? Why can't some of you either just be happy for them or keep your opinions to yourself? you don't know their personal business or why they chose to do it this way. They are both really nice, successful people. Deal with it or just look the other way.

dj61

I'm wondering now if their first child was born by a 'gestational carrier' too?

dj61

So, wondering if their first child born of a 'gestational carrier' too?

random

Who knows why they used a surrogate mother....we don't know the complications Nicole may have had with her one and only that she was able to have.

My gf just had her 2nd after 4 years of trying again (with invitro) and she almost bled to death after her precious little girl was born. She didn't have it like that with her 1st 5 years ago but now they've agreed no more children because her life isn't worth the risk.

Nicole has always been skinny, so I am wondering as it seems a lot of the stars who are thin have issues conceiving no matter what they try.

Congrats to them both!

kadi

I am so happy for Nicole & Keith. I hope they have a long & happy life w/ their beautiful children. And I think it is cool how they kept it all so quite for so long. Now days w/ all the media whores out there, it is refreshing.

Truth

KIETH URBAN IS AN ALCOHOLIC AND NICOLE KIDMAN IS STUCK UP NARCISSISTIC BITCH. WOW, GREAT ATTRIBUTES FOR CHILD REARING. WILL THE CHILD TURN OUT TO BE A NARCISSISTIC UPPITY BITCH ALCOHOLIC?? REHAB WILL TELL LATER ON... JUST SAYIN.

rachel

Seriously? Now having a surrogate mother means that your evil and an uppity bitch? Have you people considered that maybe they wanted a child and weren't able to without help? She is 43 you know. Isn't that why surrogates were created in the first place? So people can have children when they physically can't? Shame on you people for criticizing them!

Libby

Referring to a baby as a "science project" is disgusting. A child does not have any control over how she/he comes into this world. Even if you disapprove of artificial methods of conceiving children, the baby still did not choose this.

Please keep your personal attacks to the adults, leave the child out of it. Thank you.

Christy

Keith looks like he's been on a bender in that photo! 3 sheets in the wind

dilligaf

amazing what you can buy these days...