Steven Tyler -- The 'Idol' Audition

That Made Him Cry

1/18/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler had an extremely emotional moment during an "American Idol" audition, when a contestant brought his disabled fiancee to watch him compete.

Chris Medina American Idol
Sources connected with the show tell TMZ, the "Idol" judges were in Milwaukee when 27-year-old Chris Medina walked into the room, accompanied by his disabled fiancee, Juliana Ramos.

We're told Chris told the judges he proposed to Juliana two years ago ... and the couple was making wedding plans when tragedy struck.  Juliana got into a horrible car accident on her way home from work in October, 2009, and was left nearly paralyzed with significant brain damage.

The video below was shot one year into Juliana's recovery.

011810_chris_median_video

Chris' singing was great, but Steven was so moved by Chris' story ... he got up out of his chair, teary-eyed, walked over to Juliana, and hugged and kissed her.

Tyler, we're told, is becoming the star of the show, with big emotions ranging from snark to Paula-style sincerity.

Chris, who will appear on next week's show, made the top 40.

As for Chris' wedding, it's been placed on hold.  The medical expenses are so great, a website was launched to help cover the costs.

0118_chris_juliana_GALLERY_LAUNCH

xoxo

This story is amazing to me. I really feel touched by Chris's dedication and devotion, God Bless him. Juliana, she is so beautiful. She has one of those mirror effect smiles that when you see her smile you can't help but smile too. Stay beautiful Juliana. To the friends and family of these two, my love goes out to you, stay positive.

I do have one question that I have been searching for an answer and have not found any info on...
If Juliana was on her way home (Oak Forest) from work (Tinley Park) the night of her accident...why did it happen on 87th and Pulaski?

im angry

Okay, first of all, who cares what really happened to her that night? Whether drunk, texting, hydroplaning, etc, the outcome is just as tragic. It is a horrible thing that happened, and it's something I would never wish upon someone. The fact that he stuck by her for so long and tried and continuously tries to help her as much as he can, regardless of what happened, shows a story of courage. For you to sit and say that his efforts in helping her recover are simply for publicity and helping him to further his goal of being an american idol, especially if you cannot relate with the families of both Chris and Juliana and the horrible accident they are dealing with, is absolutely ridiculous. You may not realize how much time and effort and stress is involved with helping her recovery process. I do not know anyone who would try so hard day after day simply for the publicity.

Perhaps you yourself would leave someone you had "loved", had this happened to them, which is causing your disbelief. Do not make it Chris's problem because you are that selfish. Is it so bad if he truly loves her and would do anything to spend the rest of his life with her? What in the hell is so wrong with that?

Also, to anyone who had a problem with Chris bringing Juliana with to the auditions needs to grow up. Do you criticize the other contestants for bringing their family members? I guarantee you that you do not. She is a human being with a good heart and a beautiful soul, who has been a part of Chris's life for quite some time. Just because she is now disabled means she can't leave the house? I don't quite understand that.
I guess deep inside, if this happened to you, you would be too selfish and embarrassed to bring your "loved" one out in the public eye. I feel bad for you being so pathetic and cold-hearted, and I hope you are forever alone. For I would absolutely hate the idea of being with someone who would discourage me from seeing the outside world if something this tragic happened to me.

I wish Chris the best, and I am heartbroken by what he is going through. My heart also aches for Juliana, I hope that one day she is fully recovered. I can't imagine what's going on in her head, but she is beautiful no matter what happened to her in the accident. Please send her my best wishes, and let her know that she is the prettiest girl I have ever seen.

mary

TC, I actually think Mary is pretty great for posting on here when someone says something negative. Those seem to be good friends of hers and thats what friends are for. It seems like many other people on here are doing the same as her. Friends or not, they have a right to clear things up on here when people make up rumors about their friends. I dont see how standing up for their friends brings any controversy at all.

On the other hand i hope Chris Medina makes it all the way and one day they have the wedding they were planning to have and i have faith that she will walk down the aisle without any help. This man deserves it.

random human being

UM>>> Here is what I have to say to the exploiting hoopla... FIRST of all Chris Medina has been a musician long b4 any of this American Idol stuff, see youtube video if u have not done so... OK so of course some self proclaiming "friend" is going to say he tried out b4 and didn't make it, well last time I checked actors, singers, models, AUDITION, and continue to do so even after being rejected... and bottom line is HE STAYED BY HIS FIANCE'S SIDE!! DISABLED OR NOT SHE IS HIS FIANCE, AND OF COURSE SHE WOULD WANT TO BE BY HER MAN! Gosh darn people, seriously! And u know what A.I. and all REALITY TV does is EXPLOIT!!!! BUT THIS TIME ITS FOR A DAM GOOD REASON!!! So I don't think Chris Medina reads this bologne, but just in case, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, BRUSH OFF THE HATERS! When I hear or see these types of stories, I just sit back, and think for a moment.. what if??? what if?? Would i be that strong or humble? This is why people write the b.s., because they don't have L O V E in their heart. We need to bring back this kind of goodness in the world. Mary, you keep on being that voice :)They are lucky to have a sincere friend like you!

susan

beautiful voice and story of true love. i hope he continues to have success as he deserves. he has real talent and a beautiful personality to stand by his girlfriends side in all this terrible tradegy. hopefully she can continue to improve and they can have a long happy life together. God Bless.

lizzytish

To Bill Ring and all other prehistoric apes out there. I just want to know what the hell is wrong with all of you? How dare you make fun of something so tragic. Yeah, maybe AI played it up, but Steven Tyler didn't. What he did came from his heart. God help us all, we have turned into such a ridiculously pathetic nation that it makes me sick. People used to help people, not ridicule them and make fun of them. How in the hell do you sleep at night? I hope to God nothing ever happens to one of your children or a member of your family, cause you'll be "singing" a whole different tune. I hope you won't be in for a rude awakening. You are all EITHER brain dead or just have had one too many electroshock tx's and the brain is extra crispy, like KFC chicken. Pathetic pieces of **** to talk about this woman like that. If your kids are "unlucky" enough to have you as parents, take a good hard look at them and just pray to God or whoever that you don't have to see them day after day like that. You probably wouldn't though, cause you all sound like chicken ****s just by the cruel things your saying. God help you, cause you ****ing need it!

Spread-the-word

Don't you guys want to know why she has brain injury?....Ask anyone who lives near Oak Forest they'll say..."Maybe because it was the second time that month that she piled into something because she was loaded!!" Hooray for him sticking with her but seriously she ruined his life along with her own!!!! -Yay for DWI's...give me a break

lucy

hey spread-the-word

Do you have any details? She got in a car accident drunk the same month as her brain injury accident? Don't get me wrong, I wish her the very best and donated to her recovery fund... but, I have wanted to know what really happened bc its being kept very hush hush. What is the word in Oak Forest? How do people know she was drunk? Was she texting too? I think she could use this in a very positive light to help others if she was drunk and/or texting. My heart goes out to her whole family, it is a tragedy, but at the same time I think the truth would help a lot of people and convince them not to do the same. If she was drunk, thank god she didnt kill or injure anyone else.

lucy

Hey spread-the-word,

So it was her second drunk driving accident in one month? I feel bad for her and even donated to her recovery fund, but I always wondered what happened. What is the word in Oak Forest? Was she drinking and/or texting? Did people at the bar see her drinking? What happened during her first accident and why did she think it was okay to get trashed and drive?!? Thank god no one else was injured or killed. I have all the sympathy in the world for her family bc their situation sucks right now, but I did wonder why everyone is so hush hush about what happened... considering that it would help people if the accident lead to her speaking out against drinking and/or texting and driving. Please tell us more. Many people want to know.

random human being

WronG "LUCY" AKA "JENNYXOXO" "lizzytish" many people DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, AND DO NOT CARE--- obviously people who were envious or jealous of her pre accident or someone who is envious of the love and devotion she has been blessed with or someone who is downright miserable in their own life... what will you or any other douchebag gain by trying to 'expose' her?? YOU r crossing the line.... u r disgusting, get a life! p.s.. it is obvious who YOU R, YOU COWARD, HIDING BEHIND A PC, VISITING OTHER WEBSITES SPREADING RUMORS, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

lucy

random human being is kinda funny. no one is trying to "expose" juliana, but many people do want to know what happened, especially since they are donating to her recovery fund like i am. drinking and driving is not something to mess around with and all i am saying is she is lucky she didnt injure anyone else, but it seems like you are very defensive.... are you like the internet cops? juliana is in the public eye and her story was put there by her family, not me, so if you have a beef with people wondering why she was injured at 330am driving home from a bar, take it up with them. I'm just happy that my friends and family werent on the road. If juliana's family wanted to help others, i think they should say this is what happens when people drink and drive, no? that could possibly save a life.

if you know who i am you can say my name bc i hardly care. i dont know you or juliana or jennyxo or lizzytish, what?! seriously, you are the one trolling websites at 7am looking for someone to yell at, clearly you have some anger issues. there is no shame on me, i do not drive drunk and i DONATE to Juli's fund, do you not understand that or did you look over it in your early-morning rage? i wish her the best, but i am from chicago and i know that many southside kids drink and drive every weekend. shame on them, not me, i take cabs. i just wish juliana's story could be told to high school kids at rita and brother rice, etc. that could save a life. if you don't care about saving a life, shame on YOU.

random human being

Okay Lucy, so, let me get this straight, you want to know what really happened on that night of the accident and are so deserving of the 'truth' because YOU chose to donate to the charitable cause of your CHOICE, so you come on TMZ to find out? Sounds like YOU r the angry one, who should address your "wanting to find out what really happened" with the person in charge of her recovery fund, perhaps her mother.
I by any means do not condone drunk driving or support it, I do agree that IF it is the case, the story could do great things in DUI prevention, especially among young children in schools. BUT all I am saying it is at THEIR discretion to disclose any of that info, it is their life, reality and their choice in how to handle THEIR story. Btw, 7 am is morning for you but for me its bedtime, and JUSTBECAUSEIUSECAPSDOESNTMEANIAMANGRYORSHOUTING :) Done with this thread, as it is getting repetetive and going off topic with what the story is about.

Spread-the-word

YEAH For Drunk Driving!!!! oh someone just almost killed herself by drinking and driving...wait I know lets have benefit for her at a bar!!! thats a great idea!!! ..... how stupid was that.. This whole thing would be completely different if she killed someone, but instead we applaud it. real nice. Best of luck Chris, but america should know this sob story is sugar coated!!!

lizzytish

To random human being, I never even mentioned why it happened so reread what I wrote. The fact of the matter is, I don't know and don't care. It doesn't even matter now. But for the grace of God go I or anyone of us who are able to get up every morning and put our own shoes on, brush our teeth and get ourselves dressed. Plenty of young people do stupid things every day and some pay the price. I get so sick of judging people when they don't even know or seem to care that this young lady's life has been forever changed and her family is dealing with the reality of that every day of their life. I am 58 now, but I remember doing some pretty stupid and dangerous thingss in my life that could have done what happened to this young lady. Did AI capitalize, possibly. But if some good comes out of it for this family, Amen.

lizzytish

Random Human Being, this is lizzytish and I really could care less about what she was doing or not at the time of the accident. I never mentioned that if you reread what I wrote. I just said that there are too many cruel and cold people in this world and I hope they don't have to go through what the mom is going through. We all do stupid and crazy things, especially when you're young, but for the grace of God go I cause I've done some stupid things in this life. I'm 58 now and I still can't believe I'm on this earth. It's none of my business how this accident happened,period. It would be nice to see some more sympathetic comments. Is AI publisising this? Probably, but you know what, if it somehow helps out this family I don't really give a ****.