Steven Tyler -- The 'Idol' Audition

That Made Him Cry

1/18/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler had an extremely emotional moment during an "American Idol" audition, when a contestant brought his disabled fiancee to watch him compete.

Chris Medina American Idol
Sources connected with the show tell TMZ, the "Idol" judges were in Milwaukee when 27-year-old Chris Medina walked into the room, accompanied by his disabled fiancee, Juliana Ramos.

We're told Chris told the judges he proposed to Juliana two years ago ... and the couple was making wedding plans when tragedy struck.  Juliana got into a horrible car accident on her way home from work in October, 2009, and was left nearly paralyzed with significant brain damage.

The video below was shot one year into Juliana's recovery.

011810_chris_median_video

Chris' singing was great, but Steven was so moved by Chris' story ... he got up out of his chair, teary-eyed, walked over to Juliana, and hugged and kissed her.

Tyler, we're told, is becoming the star of the show, with big emotions ranging from snark to Paula-style sincerity.

Chris, who will appear on next week's show, made the top 40.

As for Chris' wedding, it's been placed on hold.  The medical expenses are so great, a website was launched to help cover the costs.

0118_chris_juliana_GALLERY_LAUNCH

gigglygoo

These two individuals are truly amazing. I went to high school with Juliana, and we were in the same clubs. She is one of the sweetest, most beautiful individuals you could ever meet in your life. Please visit her facebook stage and follow her struggle. You will laugh, you will cry, but most of all you will be encouraged. The group is called: For Juliana

Jay

I appreciate all the kind words and will let Chris and Juli know.

-Friend of the Family

curran

I DID NOT SEE ONE PERSON TONIGHT THAT WILL COMPARE TO YOU BABY!!

mary

It's obvious that the one's who leave ignorant comments are jealous and have issues of their own. You get off on trying to hurt people, but I gotta tell ya, you don't know Chris personally, & he is the last person these kinda comments could upset. He's strong & could give 2 ****s what you people have to say. I honestly would cry if I were him, but I'm sensitive. He on the other hand will laugh at this and it won't cross his mind again. So you all are wasting your time, but I guess these are things we have to get used to reading because whack jobs like you guys don't stop.

To the one's leaving the wheelchair comments, I'd like to see your reaction when 1 of your loved ones end up in a wheel chair because of a tragic accident. I'd also like to see your reaction when people make fun of you for it. And for the people that think this is fake, there is a lot of proof it isn't. The Laurus Foundation donation page is completely legit, so please donate, even $1.00 if you can. If not, your prayers would be wonderful.

lucy

Chris and Juliana's story is a beautiful one. It motivates me to be a better person and not take any of my days on earth for granted. True love offends some people who never receive any love themselves.

Chris is doing something I dont think I ever could..... stand by my lover after such a tragic accident. The ins and outs of the challenges that they face must be astounding. I hope TMZ reports on this story again ... DO YOU HEAR THAT TMZ?!? Keep us updated on his progress on the show! He has my vote!

Chris Ramos

I am Juliana's Father and I just want t thank all of you for your encouraging words and your prayers to my Daughter.On Oct 2nd 2009,Our lives were forever changed.Juliana is the Eldest of my 6 children and this has affected all of us.If you saw juliana in person,you would say that she is probably one of the most beautiful girls you have ever seen,but if you got to know Juliana,you would have said that she is an amazing person.Juliana was in a coma for almost 2 months,and Chris would spend the night at the Hospital almost every single night.Throughout Juliana's recovery,Chris has been there for her while working a full time job and also trying to live his life the best he can.The road to Recovery for Juliana will be very very long,and I cannot predict whether chris will stay with Juliana or not, But I'll tell you this..I am FOREVER grateful to him for what he has done for my Daughter Juliana.This Man is a Guardian Angel to Juli and he deserves a Happy Happy LIFE.Thank You All.With your Prayers and good Vibes,this will be a Happily Ever After Story:)

Uncle Joe

Great Job Christopher!!!You are a great man and god bless Juliana!!!

TheLady

Umm... too bad he is leaving her to try and make it in Hollywood. If you really think he is going back to her after Idol is over, you're naive and completely incorrect. He's exploiting her to make it to the big time. TMZ doesn't mention the fact that he tried out for Idol 3 times before and never made it; this time he brought her with and BIG SURPRISE, he made it to the top 40! Pathetic.

JAN

Yeah, that's sad and all but THIS IS STEVEN TYLER!! What is he doing on that crap show?!! I still can't get over that. Jennifer Lopez, aka J-Blow, yes, she belongs there cause she's talentless but Tyler.... oh what has become of him :(

lena

love it! chris is an awesome person, and juliana has come so far! I am glad that more people are going to know their story!

Matt K

TO the person who commented this "Anonymous my ass... Its all about the ratings and Steven aint stupid!! Atleast something good came out of it... Now back to JLO and the debating why she is the hottest and worst choice Idol ever made!!! I would almost rather see more of that annoying Deogaurdi!" Yes, some of it is about ratings but no this story is horrible you stupid ****ing idiot. Chris is my cousin and hearing this story the day after it happened was horrible. Chris stayed every night at the hospital with her. He went to work and then came back there. It shows something HE REALLY LOVES HER. So, for all the stupid ****ing idiots thinking its all about ratings **** off.

mary

To "TheLady",

I'm glad you act like you know Chris SO well. You are completely wrong & misinformed. I've known him for 11 years, so I think I know a little more then you. Yes he tried out before the accident, but with Juli ! They both tried out. She has an incredible voice too. 1 of her songs is on the For Juliana facebook group. So, you don't have a right saying anyone is incorrect when you get your information from who knows what rumor site. Don't hate because you'll never make it ! beeeeyOtchhhh

ann

I live in the area where Chris and Julianna are from and know of them. My kids say that Chris is absolutely the real deal and very committed to his fiance. I wish them the best and pray for both of them. Shame on the losers who say he is using her-you could not be further from the truth.
Sad that people cant appreciate goodness when they see it. Go Chris!

TeamJuli

Some of the comments on here are sick. But, what's even more amazing to me is the amount of love that people are showing this amazing couple. I know Chris and Juli very well. He has been by her side every minute through this tragedy. He is doing this show for her, as she is a huge fan. Yes, he brought her with, but look at what has come from it? Her website is on TMZ, they got to meet Steven Tyler, and they're telling their love story to millions. Chris does have an amazing voice, and I do believe that he will go far. God Bless Juli and Chirs. We're rooting for you.

southside

Have you guys ever tried out for American Idol? To get through the first round, it's basically a cattle call. You sing and you're either good enough to pass the first round or you get rejected with the tens of thousands of people. No story or background just passed through on talent only.

Then when you reach the executive producers you get more in depth with your background, and please, this story would come up even if he tried to hide it.

Chris and Juli's story is very powerful and I'm glad that it will get national attention. Just wait for wednesday, i'm sure all the haters and skeptics will change their tune when they watch his journey on american idol.

can't wait for chris!