Ashley Parker-Angel -- Why I Won't Rejoin O-Town ...

1/19/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ashley Parker-Angel tells us he was "intrigued" at the idea of reuniting with his old boy-band O-Town -- but ultimately decided he couldn't live in the past ... this according to the singer's rep.

0118_ashley_parker_angel_EX_getty3

In a statement to TMZ, Ashley explains, "O-Town was one of the greatest chapters of my life, so when the idea of a reunion was brought to me, of course I was intrigued."

He continues, "However I have made the decision not to be a part of an O-Town reunion. It was a difficult decision, but ultimately necessary to move on with the next chapter of my career."

The rest of the band has already gotten back together -- and is planning an upcoming concert tour sans Parker-Angel.

As for Ashley, dude just finished a stint in "Hairspray" on Broadway and his rep tells us he has a feature film coming out later this year.

0117_otown_footer_v2

JenJen

I came in here just to see if I'm not the only person who has never heard of them. I am not disappoint.

Shawn

I'm just glad to see from this board that I am not the only one that had never heard of "O-Town." The only reason I read the article was because I mistakenly thought "O-Town" must be the name of a TV show I recently saw a commercial for.

Tim

are u ****ting me ?? who ****ing cares

Lpenn

I thought this was John Travolta in a blonde wig.

Steph

It shocks me that Ashley wouldn't join this reunion. Especially since he's a deadbeat dad who won't even pay child support for his son Lyric! It's not like people are banging down his door begging him to "act" ("Wild Things 4". Enough said). And what's up with his hair these days? Are those hair plugs? Check out his hairline! Get off your high horse, Ashley. This is the best you're going to get.

Steph

Icantbelieveimdoingthis

Funny how he thinks he's too big for O-Town, but the last time I heard his name was when he was part of that band. Had no idea he's been doing anything since then.

Logan

Again I must reiterate the other comments.... Who is OTown, and who is Ashley Louise Parker Smith? ((or whatever her name is))

kendra bethune

i had no idea u -vsre been showing the bodyguard nonstop every day for 10 months i forgot about o - town sometime in the oakland hills on we tv and oxygen i did'nt know ashely did'nt rejoin them i been watching kevin costner and whitney houston they gone nuts i remeber jacob underwood thanks for keeping that around

Lynzy

I'm surprised he wouldn't rejoin the group. Was he not the one who had a lame reality show on Mtv showing us how he was struggling without being in O-town? O-town will always be what made him who he is today and he shouldn't push it away like it was a little thing that happened.

kendra bethune

that's really great guys did my mother sandra bethune try to call o-town manger about e news lying saying i married erik and nights with jacob she said she called e news but they might bring it up again shte did'nt okay bye

lee

it aint o-town without ashley!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3