Backstreet Boy -- AJ Was Finally 'Willing' to Get Help

1/19/2011 5:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell claims there's one big difference between A.J. McLean's current stint in rehab and his last one -- no one FORCED him to get help this time.

0118_backstreet_boy_audio_launch
Brian went on Bob 93.3 in North Carolina this morning, telling the host, "I'm proud that he would go into this situation willingly ... Last time it was a lot worse. He really went into rehab unwillingly the last time."

According to Brian, A.J. decided to commit to rehab over a month ago ... while the band was on the road.

chick

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Littrell started to look like Larry King, isn't he?

I have a song written about me called " Missing you" (The songwriter is my friend) and performed by BSB, it's on the album "Backstreet's Back" that sold worldwide except the US.

Just braggin'

saywhat

finally, something that tmz actually posted was correct as far as AJ goes. You guys did your homework! AJ i wish you the best <3 BSBFC has your 100000000000000000% support. get better hun! <3

Flip Gunderson

Ladies and gentlemen: it's Steve Butabe!

hbq/postergirl

awwwww aj he's amazing! he's turned into a much better person!!

Dana

Good for AJ hope everything works out for him this time we love you.

Joao

AJ was forced alright, the word was out, he had it the skids and it was either get some help or get out... and Dude needs the money, he's a has-been who still believes that he's a "star" and has no intentions of getting a real job...

He was forced.

nancy jo

Way to Go AJ!!!!

Denise

I just want the best for AJ and it's still funny after all these years people are jealous. Haters are stupid.

AnythingButFamous

You people don't understand addiction. Addiction can take over your life and staying clean is extremely hard. You need support from your friends and family. I support AJ 100percent. If you are a true fan, you would too.

Alexa

Rehab again?...most anyone would love to be in his shoes..a successful band...making tons of money..but does AJ appreciate it? Obviously not! I've lost respect for him. What a loser!

Sara

Go AJ!!!

Ashley

If he wanted rehab a month ago then why didn't he go? Why the wait? And why were his fellow group members, manager, and financee partying it up with him? Shame on them!

Chris O.

nice comb over bri bri

Shari

Not for anything, but because AJ has been in rehab twice already, and I for one have been a fan for a long time and want AJ to get through this. I can't comprehend how he thinks he is going to be ready for this tour in the summer. A person that checks themselves into rehab needs more than just a couple of months to get help. I think he should take this year off as down time as he is getting married in May and with doing that and the tour may just be to much stress for him handle. Good luck AJ but you need to lessen your load and concentrate on you for now and just taking from now to what, June or July is not enough time in my eyes. Let the other guys do the tour and focus on you and healing. Just my opinion.

Sandra

I love Alex since 17 years and i appreciate what he do. He is fighting everyday and i believe in him, that he can do that. To all hater i just can say:"Shut up your mouth of talking like this, he works on his lifestyle to make it better, and you call him a looser?" NO, ALEX IS NOT A LOOSER, HE IS A FIGHTER!
I will support you forever, Alex!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments