Mel Gets $163K Legal Bill From Oksana for ONE Month

1/18/2011 3:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson just got a legal bill from one of Oksana Grigorieva's lawyers, and probably thinks the name of the firm is Bend, Over and Pay.

0118_mel_alan_shifman_oksana_tmz_ex

Sources connected with the case tell TMZ ... Alan Shifman (aka lawyer #41) claims he racked up a $163,000 fee for work performed between October 15 and November 15, 2010.  He left the case after feuding with lawyer #39.

We're told Shifman is asking Mel to pay $600 an hour -- that means he worked about 272 hours during the month ... which translates to 9 hours a day, 7 days a week.

As we previously reported, Oksana's attorneys have asked Mel to pay more than $1 million in legal fees.

For Mel, it's even harder to swallow than a Ricky Gervais monologue.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

azlee

at least they have something new! The last article said that was what they were going to give for a bill, this article says they have submitted it. They hadn't before.

fuddyduddy

See--OLD NEWS, TMZ!!!

****************************************************************

Oksana's Lawyer 41 to Mel Gibson -- Here's My Bill!

12/20/2010 3:54 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Oksana Grigorieva's lawyer # 41 Alan Shifman has filed paperwork with the court asking to be paid for the work he says he did on behalf of Oksana -- and dude aint' cheap!

TMZ has learned Shifman billed a hefty $163,000 in fees and costs for only one month worth of work -- from Oct. 15 to Nov. 15 -- and is asking Mel Gibson to pick up the tab.

Shifman says his hourly rate is $60......0, which means he worked 271.67 hours in the case -- translation: 9 hours a day, 7 days a week or 13.58 hours a day, 5 days a week. Lawyer 41 claims that in some days he worked 19 hours non-stop, from 7 am til 4 am.

As we reported before, Oksana's lawyers have already submitted way more than $1 million in legal fees to the court ... for Mel to pay.

azlee

oh that is right just curious. I thought it was just a different like past tense instead of going to do it.

fuddyduddy

Here's the link for the article I mention above. It has the same pictures.

M. Gabriel

I don't know which thread I'd rather be on. I'm preferring the last one. Where to go?

Tellthetruth59

Is Harvey trying to see if we are paying attention by recycling old stories?

Yeah, Alan Sh.itman is a crook. Yeah, Ox is a lying whore with a lopsided face abusing the US legal system.

Tell us something we don't know.

ketjo

Ah! Well, we did beg Levin for a new thread. This shows how thoroughly TMZ has been muzzled. They've got to have better than this, and they are clearly afraid to use the "better than this."

Posted at 10:44 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Midwesterner

Poor old Harvey needs the money his Lindsey pony has run itself out and after reading the comments on the last little tidbit on her he's backing off for a while..Almost all were negative and they were calling out TMZ for being on the Lohan payroll....which he is of course cause ...don't worry Lindsey will miss her name in the webpage and do something to get back on top....

I remember this one from a while ago....He can submit his bill all he wants but you can bet your bottom dollar that Mels lawyers are going to slice and dice it up before they pay one red cent. And did I read somewhere on here anyway that the judge had capped the amount of money she can spend to 250,000 or something like that... Hell, a blind man can see by now what she is up to. and that judge ain't blind .....

Hell, this is just as good as any to get his clickers going again as we chew this one over again.....Missed the discussions anyway LOL....... Harvey's got two weeks or so before the next court day and he's desperate....

After reading how Miss Lindsey has wiggled (payed off) out of her lasted little bit of trouble . I have a wonder idea for a story for Harvey is he has the guts to do it........

A investagation of payoffs in the LA justice system ....bet he could sure turn up some dilly good stories for his website if they didn't shut him down first.....He like his money to much for that LOL

Patrick Henry

Per Mr. Harvey on last week's Lawyer Friday - if Miss Oksana is convicted of a felony - perjury, extortion/bribery, or falsifying evidence for example - then she can indeed be deported.

Posted at 10:38 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Curious

And what's happening with those cases, nothing. The authorities have already viewed her pc and phone. Either they have evidence or not but to drag this out this way is wrong. Isn't that more like obstruction of justice since no one is pursuing the extortion charge.

Patrick Henry

Not in all cases, and then only with the approval of the judge. At some point the judge will stop this nonsense of the ever revolving legal team and tell oxy that she has to pay her own bills.

Posted at 10:26 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Snow White

The judge is a loser and he is letting this drag on and on.
All of this mess should have been stopped by now.
What needs to be done: Go ahead and lay out permanent visitations and money for the child. I guess the judge wants every attorney to get a piece of the pie. If this wasn't a celebrity it would have been settled already. I said that this will drag on for two years and it will.

Should Mel pay these outrageous bills, no! Where are his lawyers to file motions for him?

Eagle171

why is this wh0re not in jail yet?

Celtic

Posted at 11:02 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by M. Gabriel

I prefer the last one.

Curious

Seeking clarification -

Last article states Attorney Shifman filed paperwork seeking payment. This one says Mr Mel got the bill. Does that mean Judge Gordon okayed it or just that Mr. Mel got the bill and the order to pay is yet undetermined pending any appeal on Mr. Mel's part?

kickaboo

What is hard to swallow is Judge Gordon's run away train, is he getting kickbacks from the 42 "lowers"?

Janeny

The judge is a loser and he is letting this drag on and on.
All of this mess should have been stopped by now.

Posted at 11:03 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Patrick Henry

Patrick I am totally with you. This circus must be stopped. Even with Gibson's money he can't put bread & butter on every friggin table in Hollywood. This case is SIMPLE. Share the custody and make him pay CHILD SUPPORT based on the calculation according to the CA law. Extortion and DV is a SEPARATE case. Let the DA handle it. In any case scenario, the family court judge can always modify the his judgment if Gibson is found guilty in DV although I don't know how (alleged) violence against nasty mother may hurt the kid. I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Do it, judge! It's TIME.

M. Gabriel

Posted at 11:02 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by M. Gabriel

I prefer the last one.

Posted at 11:06 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Celtic
**************************************************************

IDK! Should we resume there or continue on here???