Kelly to Regis:

You're WHAT?!?

1/18/2011 2:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with "Live! with Regis & Kelly" tell TMZ ... Regis Philbin blindsided Kelly Ripa with his retirement announcement today ... telling her less than 15 minutes before they went on the air.

Regis and Kelly

We're told Kelly was "stunned" that Regis didn't tell her well in advance.  But one source connected with the show tells us, "She wasn't upset."

Our sources say Regis felt if he talked about it before making the announcement, it would have leaked out.

linda

Peple hate her but who cares? She is still there...Crazy! I am not watching this any more.

Midol

AHA, just as I thought A.G. Stevens! The show WANTS TO TARGET the YOUNG demographic, ie. losers like welfare mothers, teen moms and high school dropouts with low I.Q.'S like Kelly Ripa aka. DUMB DUMB and her equally dumb but horny hubbie, Markie Consuelos. Notice, the rumored to be bi-sexual Markie likes his wifey poo to look like a boy with that anorexic figure that she works so hard to maintain.

Since Kelly Consuelos is perimenopausal, she is at great risk for osteoporosis and could easily fall in all that snow in New York and break both hips since there is no meat on those bones.

Interesting as most Latin MEN prefer their WOMEN to be curvy. Jennifer Lopez and Sophia Loren are good examples of the type of womanly figure most men find attractive...most HETEROSEXUAL men that is.

sharon

Sorry to hear Regis leaving, but its time. Would love to see Martin Short take his place. He would be fantastic on that show. I can just see him in some of the Halloween special costumes.

randy robins

first of all,i have 18 years in major market radio in the sixties and seventies and then 16 doing promotion for capitol records in dallas denver and atlanta and did radio in dallas ft. worth denver atlanta st. louis and cleveland and philly.funny and nice looking according to lots of chicks.have three grown daughters and seven grandchildren and am in my late fifties,sixty eight to be exact.have been afan of regis since the joey bishop days when i was 25.pick me i'm cheap at this age.

John

That's it. I love Kelly but she cannot carry the show. REgist is the best storyteller I nave ever heard.

Good Luck Buddy

Chuck

I remember when Regis first started out as Joey Bishop's side man in the 60's...He was the biggest kiss-butt I'd ever seen. You could tell by his face Bishop couldn't believe it... Goes to show ya...

mamambear

Just don't make Bryant Gumble the new co-host. Didn't like him on Today and don't like him when he co-hosts.

sally

kelly makes me sick

agnes

About time the old man left tv!!! He is sooo narcisstic. He cannot sing!! I hope this means he gets out of the spot light and retires period. No one wants to see his face again after he leaves Live!!!

misbehaven

FINALLY.... I am so sick of that surly old coot..his is obnoxious!I have quit watching the show becasue of that old fart..always refering to himself in the third person..you need to stay home Regis nobody is gonna miss you!

misbehaven

Her husband is bi? I never heard that? But yeah she looks like **** with no meat on her bones...I like her better when she looked normal! Now she looks like she needs to get a boob job too!

cathleen herrmann

we will miss regis i have him for year i will miss him . good luck regis in what every you do. we will miss you.

cathy herrmann

genny

I have watched this show since Kathy Lee left. I remember when they were looking for a co-host before hiring Kelly for the job. I have enjoyed the show very much and look forward to continuing to watch it as long as it is on the air. I have stopped watching The View because of the direction that show has taken the last few years. This is really the only decent, fun and informative morning show I am aware of. I must say I missed Regis when he started missing so much time from the show. Now I look forward to several of the regular replacement co-hosts. I love it when Mark and Kelly co-host the show together. Maybe Regis would make some guest appearances occassionally since he does not seem to work very often anymore. If he is leaving because of a salary cut, then I hope it all works out for him. Try living on the salary of the unemployed viewers that watch your show. I have read all the negative comments and am quite shocked by most of them. I would not want anyone to put their hand over my mouth either...period. I wish Regis the best. I am looking forward to the new shows in high hopes it will succeed. Choose Kelly's new co-host wisely please.

Joe

Kelly is a bore on her own. She's a big mouth snide. Way to go, Regis!

Eileen

Bring in Howard Stern dump Kelly and bring back Kathy-Lee. That would make great TV!!!!!