Ricky Gervais -- I Will NOT Host the 'Globes' Again

1/18/2011 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ricky Gervais doesn't care if he's ever asked back to host the Golden Globes"" ... because he's "not gonna do it again anyway."

011810_ricky_gervais_video_inf

A smiling Gervais was weathering the storm in New York this morning -- following his super-controversial statements at the awards show -- when Ricky told us, "I think twice is enough."

After the photog mentioned that Ricky's fellow comics seem to be standing by the performance -- Gervais replied, "Well, it's nice to be loved by your peers ... they stick by you."

Biko

u went too far dont you ever put Dean Martin in with losers in life Don Rickles and that ricky gervais.. Dean was a decent human being and a wonderful entertainer.

Posted at 1:10 PM on Jan 18, 2011 by fran

Famous Dean Martin Quotes: "I once shook hands with Pat Boone and my whole right side sobered up."; "There's a statue of Jimmy Stewart in the Hollywood Wax Museum, and the statue talks better than he does.”; “It was a woman who drove me to drink, come to think of it I never did hang around to thank her for that."...Lighten up Fran, life is way too short.

Rottweiler

What the politically sensiitve, hollywood celebrities can't hang with a few funny caustic jokes? He was hilarious and he should be embraced for not turning this boring affair into a political arena for these libertards to spew their vacuous verbage. I hate to be preached to by the prius driving lemmings, their opinion means nothing to me. I only hope Obama taxes their pants off. Besides the truth about themselves hurts, hits too close to home. Too bad he didn't take a stab at Joy Behar, Whoopie and all of the other socialist networkers.

Laurie

That's perfect, leaving wanting more! I will miss him, but they won't! Chickens!

Brenda Abdullah

I thought he was funny as hell. As they say the truth hurts. I do hope to see him again. He cracked me up. Excellent job!!!!

They are crayz!!

most over-heard line at the GG's last weekend? : I paid good money to win this award and ricky gervais is ruining the moment

Peta Vale

Go Ricky, Go Ricky, Go Ricky. love ya matexoxo

L. Ron

Just wondering if ole Ricky was trying to be funny.

Patricia

He was so funny, the truth hurts...get over it!

Donna

We love you Ricky!

Linda

"Just wondering if ole Ricky was trying to be funny."

L.Ron - You're American, right? Only an American wouldn't recognise that sort of humor.

Amy

I thought he was GREAT! I don't think he went too far at all! If he doesn't host it again, he will be missed.

Lynne

I'm very used to English humor. Many of you aren't -- espcially that right wing side who thinks this is about politics. The fact is, English humor is racy and blunt (he's this generation's Benny Hill). I thought Ricky was hilarious and didn't think he stepped over the line. My favorite was his introduction of Bruce Willis: "Ladies and gentleman, Ashton Kutcher's DAD!" LOVED it. Love Ashton, but that was funny!

NICOLE

He was so funny, the truth hurts...get over it!

Posted at 4:29 PM on Jan 18, 2011 by Patricia

You are repeating like parrot what some people says in here.

What TRUTH ARE YOU TALKING? the National Enquirer "truth? TMZ? Internet?

TRUTH IS DIFFERENT THAN RUMOR. JUST GO TO THE DICTIONARY TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

IF ONE DAY TOM CRUISE OR TRAVOLTA THEY MAKE AN STATEMENT THEY ARE GAYS, THAT'S THE TRUTH.

That's why this fake "comedian" is so despicable.

LD

To the people that find Ricky Gervais 'unfunny, rude, intolerable' etc. no suprises there as you're the kind of boring idiots he is making fun of in the first place...

Sancho

How often was the world talking of or about Ricky before this....how much news time is he getting now?
Ricky Gervais 1...the rest of you mofos 0.