Ricky Gervais -- I Will NOT Host the 'Globes' Again

1/18/2011 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ricky Gervais doesn't care if he's ever asked back to host the Golden Globes"" ... because he's "not gonna do it again anyway."

011810_ricky_gervais_video_inf

A smiling Gervais was weathering the storm in New York this morning -- following his super-controversial statements at the awards show -- when Ricky told us, "I think twice is enough."

After the photog mentioned that Ricky's fellow comics seem to be standing by the performance -- Gervais replied, "Well, it's nice to be loved by your peers ... they stick by you."

Kitty

Controversy? Seriously? I must've misplaced the memo that said Hollywood Celebs are not to be mocked - Most of them need another shrink because the ones they have now are really not working. Well Done Ricky - We luvv ya!!

nancy laidlaw

All I can say is it was in POPOOOOR TASTE HE IS NOT A GOOD HOST yuk

Anjie

Would we be having this converstations if it were Robin Williams and not Ricky Gervais?

NICOLE

@ LYNNE

I understand that humor is different in England. But Ricky Gervais was not in England but in Golden Globe Gala. Not even in his own show that I'm pretty sure he has his followers.

Personally I like TALENTED COMEDIANS. THE ONES WHO THEY DON'T NEED TO USE THE F****, F*** WORD TO MAKE THE PEOPLE LAUGH AND THEY DON'T NEED TO BULLY ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL FOR THE SAME REASON.

But one thing it's true. Those low class comedians they have their own audience who loves them. That's the sad part of the story.

anne10

"Go eat some chocolate, you sad c*nt... you'll be happier, guarantee.
Posted at 6:33 PM on Jan 18, 2011 by MightyMad"

This disgusting person has posted several times getting more vulgar
every time. He evidently doesn't know how to talk any other way..Pitiful------

Baylee13

The wonderful thing about America is that if you don't like something you are watching on tv is that YOU have absolute power to change the channel. I am sitting her watching Deliverence right now on tv which I am sure is offensive to many people. Well there are at least a hundred other shows right now that I could watch. YOU have complete control!

Sandra

Ricky made a very boring show much more fun !!! I love his total irreverence of the stars. Many of whom are legends in their own minds !!!

GRYFFINDOR!

these celebrities are too damn sensitive. they swear like they lead such moral lives. i thought he was funny.

Linda

MightyMad - How naive are you?

fran

how many of you Ricky Gervais fans are over the age of 25., because you all sound to young to understand what rude and crude and hurtful mean...did he tell the truth or his truth...he didnt know anything for sure when he was making accusations, against people last nite. it doesnt matter to him most of these people have children who may have been watching.Tell me, would it still be funny if it was your children hearing horrible things someone said about you. truth or otherwise...nobody deserves that .

annamaria

From what I knew of Ricky Gervais, I was a real fan. Loved his short-lived show on HBO, "Extras" and his first HBO comedy special. It was apparent that he'd lost weight on his second special, so I couldn't believe how mean-spirited his routine was - juvenile jokes at the expense of fat people, and he milked the subject for all it was worth. I'd thought he was a lot cleverer and original than that. Really disappointing, neither my husband nor I even chuckled. Never was a fan of the Don Rickels school of insult "comedy", just a cheap and easy way to get laughs and everyone does it these days. I'm glad I missed the GG's.

Susan

Does he think people are brainless? He KNOWS he'll never be asked to host again after what he pulled, but he's trying to make people think it's his choice. Idiot. He wasn't funny. He was hurtful. He wasn't clever. He was an A hole.

NICOLE

@ FRAN

Very well said!

NoBreederRat

Go back to England, you twit!

Tricycle

Ricky Gervias reminds me of Rick Astley--i like his humor on the BBC version of The Office, but
to hear that kind of formulated funny..Outside of the show is Exhausting and lack luster. Totally can understand those celebrities disappointment in his hosted humor. Ricky makes fun of others to Mask his own sorrow ..or secret.