Ricky Gervais -- I Will NOT Host the 'Globes' Again

1/18/2011 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ricky Gervais doesn't care if he's ever asked back to host the Golden Globes"" ... because he's "not gonna do it again anyway."

011810_ricky_gervais_video_inf

A smiling Gervais was weathering the storm in New York this morning -- following his super-controversial statements at the awards show -- when Ricky told us, "I think twice is enough."

After the photog mentioned that Ricky's fellow comics seem to be standing by the performance -- Gervais replied, "Well, it's nice to be loved by your peers ... they stick by you."

bob

A painfully unfunny, nasty person masquerading as a "comedian".

kimd

This isn't news.He said that long before the show took place.And their ratings are going to go way down.Next year at this time the HFPA will be crying in their beer wondering why they didn't sign Mr.Gervais to a long term contract.This is the most publicity they've ever gotten.Even more than the "Pia Zadora Incident".

Bob Monkhouse

I don't like him .... any chance you can keep him over there

BM

Who'sThat

Debbie,
are you serious?
Ricky didnot mention gay constantly like you said and NO ONE tried to shove it down your throat!...geezh lighten up, it was just once and frankly, even my gay friends thought it was hilarious!

Ricky was hilarious...all that he said stung because it was all true and that is what was so funny about it!
he didn't say anything that wasn't already in the rumor mill, he was just smart enough to use them in his material!

the Foregn Press are dumb enough to be mad about the jokes, is their problem..i guarantee the show would be a hit and a ratings success with mucho moola if they ask him back but Ricky doesn't care one way or another which is just awesome!
he is a star in his own right and wealthy so he can take it or leave it...however,
FP reaction about Ricky never being nominated or awarded in the future is being the bully and childish and it just proves everything Ricky said about the nomination and the win is true!

Saint Judas

I am glad I decided not to watch. Insult comics hate their audience and I am determined not to be hated.

hahayaright

Debbie that's so rude. You have no idea how hard it is to be gay or straight in society but especially gay! I am so glad its finally enjoyed on tv. Too much is too much of course but all these straight ppl sex scenes have made me uncomfortable for years FINALLY some appeal for me!

NICOLE

By the way, I forgot something very important, Ricky Gervais.

You were totally despicable when you insinuated that Tom Cruise and John Travolta were gays. I don't care if they are. But your bad taste "joke" touched also THEIR families, THEIR CHILDREN too.

Same thing the way you presented Robert Downey Jr. You cannot make a stupid "joke" with someone who fought and conquered a lot of addictions.

I'm glad you are out. You deserved it. Show your bad taste and rudeness with people like you.

mr.ed

This was quite possibly the last time you'll ever see Gervais on commercial TV. His is a nightclub/cable act now too risky for the networks to gamble with.

HMD

The truth hurts sometimes... the truth can also be funny...
Robert Downey Jr.. all those things happened to you. Be proud that you were able to get away from that. Maybe now you could help others kick whatever habit they have...

Home Skillet

13. Why should I have to watch a movie or show about someone's sex preference.

You don't have to! That's the beauty of it! Grab that remote, or get off your big 'ole bigoty ass, and change the channel. OR, read a book - sounds like a little knowledge up that old noggin of yours could be useful!

SayWhat

ummm... buh bye

Jackie

@ Debbie...well said.

nde

Who cares. He cracked wise, they didn't like it, they don't want him back, he won't do it even if they did, wah wah wah why is this news?

Midwesterner

Let's see. Gervais thinks it's funny to say that he had to help someone get off the toilet and put in his teeth. The message: I noticed that this person was old. Wow, that's brilliant! He also knows that there is a rumor that Tom Cruise is gay. Wow, is this guy well informed! Oh, and he reminded everyone that one of Hollywood's best actors had been in jail and rehab in the process of recovering from addition. What a comedian!

Gervais and his ilk will always be popular with teenaged boys and others who never mature beyond schoolyard insults. Venues like awards programs, which by definition assemble the best and the brightest of a professional circle, deserve creative, intelligent hosts.

Ljungby

I was thrilled when I heard Ricky was going to host the GGs again. Those in the entertainment industry take themselves way too seriously - i enjoyed every barb Ricky threw and watching how the actor reacted - thought Robert Downey Jr. handled it best of all by making his own joke - and not taking himself too seriously!