Ricky Gervais -- I Will NOT Host the 'Globes' Again

1/18/2011 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ricky Gervais doesn't care if he's ever asked back to host the Golden Globes"" ... because he's "not gonna do it again anyway."

011810_ricky_gervais_video_inf

A smiling Gervais was weathering the storm in New York this morning -- following his super-controversial statements at the awards show -- when Ricky told us, "I think twice is enough."

After the photog mentioned that Ricky's fellow comics seem to be standing by the performance -- Gervais replied, "Well, it's nice to be loved by your peers ... they stick by you."

grammy

GOOD!

fran

Good because he sucked! Insulting humor is not funny and if he did it to me I'd knock his block off. The worst Golden Globes I've ever seen. Make a show or movie about gays or have gays in it and it's a guaranteed award winner. Tired of it being shoved down my throat. I'm tired every show has to have a gay in it. Why should I have to watch a movie or show about someone's sex preference. I don't care if they have sex ever or if they have sex or with a male or female it's none of my business what they do behind closed doors.

Posted at 10:55 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Debbie

Right on , thank you Debbie ...someone finally with morals. I think everyone is trying to pretend on here that they are so cool about things that really arent cool at all, or even decent. I think Joan Rivers is in the same category as Ricky Gervais..they insult others through jealousy and lacking any talent themselves. Movie stars try to entertain us, and I think its a sad thing , when someone like this british no-body , can insult and demean them in front of millions of people , and the young people of today think he is great. I also do hate this gay thing going on constantly in every movie or program on tv..so sick of it..its the same when foreigners move to our countries, and we are suppose to put our beliefs and our traditions away so as not to insult them..whats wrong with young America today..

CRAZYGIRL

RICKY MADE ME LAUGH ALL NIGHT! GREAT JOB ON THE GLOBES!!! HUGH HEFNER JOKE, THE BEST!!!CHEERS,!!! RICKY PLEASE DO THE OSCARS!!!!!

able_walker

Who would you rather spend and evening with...Ricky Gervais or Robert Downey or Tim Allen or Tom Cruise? Ricky all the way..but Charlie Sheen might be good for a laugh.

fran

@Debbie #13: People watch movies and television about people who are different from them because even though the specifics of the human experience are different, there are aspects of commonality. And while one person cannot experience all different ways of being human, through well-made media you can gain insight into the lives of people in other walks of life.

Posted at 11:51 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Larrybob

I dont want insight on people's sex lives from gays or straight.I would like to go back to when it was just suggested.

Skyela

Nevermind, "Mighty" mad. Just realized you think you rule the world. Talk about pathetic. Carry on mightymouse.

Skyela

Sure I did, Mightymad. I have seen most of his routines. And I do think he was much better before. I didn't say he was always kind. He is hilarious. But he has definitely lost something in his latest routines and jokes.

Skyela

Interesting in that, now that RG has lost weight, his latest routine involved making fun of fat people. Just like my 10 year old nephew might. I agree, Midwesterner with your comments
Mariah..or..or...he just wasn't funny to those of us with intelligence. I think RG is brilliant..but he is lacking creativity. HE even knows he was not funny to many by his claiming he no longer will host the GG. Didn't he claim not to care what others thought?
Somewhere in RG is an angry, scared, still fat boy.

Biko

Your performance was brilliant Ricky! You brought back the Don Rickles, Dean Martin, etal, of yester-year. The fit that everyone is having has to do with the fact that a lot of today's "hollywood" is thin-skinned and just can't handle it, that's all. Eff'em, I'd pay to see you perform any day, thank you.

Mikey

Travolta and Cruise? Those guys are ***gs!

yup

Regis should be available to do this gig, assuming he's alive next year.

Shanan Li

If the jokes were bashing Rush, Hannity, Sara Palin or Glen Beck, the Hollyweird group would have loved it and defended the use of free speech. If it was more jokes about Bristol Palin's weight or Willow Palin sleeping around(like Lettermen has made) then it would not be bulling to the Elite that shine down on us. I think this was a little bit of an eye for an eye. You can dish it, but cannot take the bullying---No one in Hollyweird has balls!

Mikey

He's right, no matter how badly they want him back he should refuse.

bx1111

That was yesterday's news you dork. Damn I tried to watch that invention of lying..OMG when ARE the Raspberries?

fran

Let's see. Gervais thinks it's funny to say that he had to help someone get off the toilet and put in his teeth. The message: I noticed that this person was old. Wow, that's brilliant! He also knows that there is a rumor that Tom Cruise is gay. Wow, is this guy well informed! Oh, and he reminded everyone that one of Hollywood's best actors had been in jail and rehab in the process of recovering from addition. What a comedian!

Gervais and his ilk will always be popular with teenaged boys and others who never mature beyond schoolyard insults. Venues like awards programs, which by definition assemble the best and the brightest of a professional circle, deserve creative, intelligent hosts.

Posted at 11:21 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Midwesterner